JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Good luck everyone!!!! we want to wish you luck from the AP thread!

cookies.jpg

cocoa.jpg

Dropping off come homemade cookies and hot cocoa to get rid of depression

Edited by ♥Muslimqueen♥

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Good luck everyone!!!! we want to wish you luck from the AP thread!

cookies.jpg

cocoa.jpg

Dropping off come homemade cookies and hot cocoa to get rid of depression

:rofl: Thanks so much ♥Muslimqueen♥!!!! I'm sure they will be enjoyed by all!!! :pop: Gosh those cookies look great.... think I'll go home and bake!!! :rofl:

event.png

Thanks, JonnyQuest for trying to make us all feel better. I can't listen to music anymore. I can't do much of anything anymore except just try to get by until a decision is made. It seems the closer we are to a final decision, the worse it gets. I've tried really hard not to look at the list or to dwell on it, but I always end up caving in and checking it every day. Something's got to change soon, right? :(

Well for whatever it's worth, for years I've read of the same tension with any of these visas as they get near the end. Everybody feels like their life hangs in the balance. It's manifested a hundred times over for those going with waivers. I guess it's a lame way of saying we understand how you feel - a little. (F)

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Hi

An update has just been issued 10:10am GMT 19th May 2010

I will send details of the changes soon... but still NO COMPLETED CASES.

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Everybody feels like their life hangs in the balance.

That's because our lives DO hang in the balance!! With all respect to my fellow VJers here - perhaps you should pop into the AP tracker thread - where you'll quickly find that there are more people with terrible stories. I've only been waiting 12 weeks and I'm going crazy - having been told that my visa was approved I gave up work - do I apply for a new job or do I not bother because I might get my visa any day? When do we start a family? Should my husband give up his job and move to the UK, even though jobs in his field are few and far between? Do we pack up and go live in a third country? When you're told by the embassy and DOS that it could be years before a visa is issued, these are the decisions one has to make. There are no timeframes for AP - you can't even complain that they've not made a decision in a timely manner.

If you think I'm exaggerating, pop in to the other thread - where you will find people have in fact been waiting over a year, in one case almost two. SOs have been deported from one country and sent back to dangerous places. We don't even know why we're in AP and what it is they're doublechecking - we're literally all in the dark. It's not called the black hole for nothing!

Sorry guys, I'm not here to argue which has it worse, but it really does come across as smug and patronising when someone who presumably only waited the time the 'normal' process took comes in here and says everyone feels that that their life is in the balance :angry:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

hi Guys.. you're not gonna believe this.. I can hardly believe it myself but this monring I received a call from the Embassy and my case has been approved and visa ready to be issued :dance::dance::dance: within days :dance::dance: So please hang in there everyone, your day will come and you will be as happy as we are. Petition: May 2009 - interview Sept 2009 - I-212 completed March 2010. Good Luck everyone and may God be with you (F)

OK here are the highlights, details & stats of this USCIS I-601 update for 19th May 2010

NO COMPLETED CASES

1 x London case (LND2009 691 006) and 1 x Scandinavian case (STK2009 650 003) moved from Pending to Under Review

4 x London cases added to the Pending pile (LND2010 036 001 - LND2009 621 008 - LND2009 577 023 - LND2009 563 019)

1 x Scandinavian case Removed from the Pending pile (STK2009 640 003)

So this is a very disappointing update for everyone, except for the cases that were added and moved above

The details of all the changes have been recorded on the spreadsheet which you can download from here: > I-601 Status Spreadsheet 19th May 2010

Ok here are some stats for those of you who like to know how uncle Sam's USCIS :jest: are performing with your hard earned tax dollars...

Number of cases completed since October 2009 = 35

Number of cases on average completed per week = 1.2

Number of cases on average completed per month = 5

Number of days since last completed case = 27 days

Number of cases completed this last quarter (Last 3 months) = 10

The above figures show a slowdown of cases being completed, as the average over the last 7 months is 5 cases per month, however the average over the last 3 months has only been 3.33 cases per month, showing that they have slowed down the completion rate by 1.7 cases per month.

I noticed that we have our first 2010 case now showing up so I certainly hope that they will start to pickup speed again as this slowdown is very upsetting for all involved, yes there are people in AP and this is also very bad indeed, however if you look at some of the entire timescales that some people have been waiting, including their K1/K3/Waiver applications this is many years of waiting not just the average waiver time period.

We are all hurting both in the I-601 waiver and AP sections of this site, I do not think it is in anyones interest to compare waiting times or hardship, as every case is different and we never know all the facts behind each cases, we only know what people are prepared to disclose on VJ, I do not think anyone will want to say that their partner to be was a former junkie or rapist etc etc.. so I think we should just focus on our own cases, and moan to each other as needed... but the one we all have in common is that the good old USCIS :jest: and the US government are the ones to blame for keeping us apart from our loved ones.

Anyway sermon over... I hope everyone looks forward to the next update which may be Friday but is looking like the following Friday 28th May 2010.

Take care everyone :thumbs:

Andrew

event.png

hi Guys.. you're not gonna believe this.. I can hardly believe it myself but this monring I received a call from the Embassy and my case has been approved and visa ready to be issued :dance::dance::dance: within days :dance::dance: So please hang in there everyone, your day will come and you will be as happy as we are. Petition: May 2009 - interview Sept 2009 - I-212 completed March 2010. Good Luck everyone and may God be with you (F)

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

(L)(F):thumbs::wow:

Lets us know your progress...

Andrew

event.png

C O N G R A T S CITY2COUNTRYGIRL!!!!! :dance::dance::dancing::dancing::dance:

That is such FANTASTIC news!!!!! We needed to hear some good news today!! Question - when your case completed in March were you told that you were being placed into AP or has it just taken this long to finally get your visa? Also did the Embassy ask for your passport in March and how did they contact you then?? Thanks for the help - just trying to figure out what happens once you're moved to completed on the update list. Congrats again and please keep us posted!!! :thumbs:

Traci

event.png

That's because our lives DO hang in the balance!! With all respect to my fellow VJers here - perhaps you should pop into the AP tracker thread - where you'll quickly find that there are more people with terrible stories. I've only been waiting 12 weeks and I'm going crazy - having been told that my visa was approved I gave up work - do I apply for a new job or do I not bother because I might get my visa any day? When do we start a family? Should my husband give up his job and move to the UK, even though jobs in his field are few and far between? Do we pack up and go live in a third country? When you're told by the embassy and DOS that it could be years before a visa is issued, these are the decisions one has to make. There are no timeframes for AP - you can't even complain that they've not made a decision in a timely manner.

If you think I'm exaggerating, pop in to the other thread - where you will find people have in fact been waiting over a year, in one case almost two. SOs have been deported from one country and sent back to dangerous places. We don't even know why we're in AP and what it is they're doublechecking - we're literally all in the dark. It's not called the black hole for nothing!

Sorry guys, I'm not here to argue which has it worse, but it really does come across as smug and patronising when someone who presumably only waited the time the 'normal' process took comes in here and says everyone feels that that their life is in the balance :angry:

Sorry. I was trying to be supportive.

Congratulations to you!

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Sorry. I was trying to be supportive.

Congratulations to you!

Not to worry JohnnyQuest - you have been very supportive. :yes: Everyone in the AP and Waiver threads are frustrated, stressed and discouraged by the lack of movement by USCIS. :angry: We're all in the same boat regardless of how long we have been in the system - We're all waiting, and any amount of time spent apart from our loved one is TOO LONG as far as I'm concerned. :crying: Traci

event.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

C O N G R A T S CITY2COUNTRYGIRL!!!!! :dance::dance::dancing::dancing::dance:

That is such FANTASTIC news!!!!! We needed to hear some good news today!! Question - when your case completed in March were you told that you were being placed into AP or has it just taken this long to finally get your visa? Also did the Embassy ask for your passport in March and how did they contact you then?? Thanks for the help - just trying to figure out what happens once you're moved to completed on the update list. Congrats again and please keep us posted!!! :thumbs:

Traci

Hi Traci. anything to help - in March, I received a letter by post concluding my I-212 and was told that DOS had been informed (no mention of AP) and no request then for my passport, all I heard from then until now was that my case was still under review,. I think my case, while not being too complicated, still required further clarification between departments and wouldn't cite it as typical so please dont think that your one will take as long from the decision, as all cases are different. I have been in turn, hopefull, depressed and distraught over this delay but I must tell you that when you get this news all of that melts away and you forget it very quickly so please bear up and I'm sure that your time will come soon. (F)

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: That's fab news :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.