JustJ

The 2010 London Waiver List

652 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Thanks, C2C. It's the new POSITIVE me. I'm just sort of "trying it on," admiring it in the mirror & such. :lol: Like everything else, I'm sure it'll eventually wear out. :lol: It is truly hard not to despair. Patience was never my strong point. B-)

There aren't an abundance of Indian restaurants here in the sticks of Pennsylvania, but if I ever get to one in the city, I will try the Tandoori. :luv: Right now, I'm eating one of my masterpiece salads - spinach, arugula, tomatoes, black olives, green olives, capers, garbanzo beans, croutons, and parmesan cheese. All sprinkled with balsamic vinegar. It's my standard lunch & I never get tired of it.

I noticed yesterday that my garden greens are growing. It won't be long before I'm eating freshly grown lunches. The strawberries are green yet, but they have huge, and I do mean HUGE, berries on them. In a few weeks, I'll be feasting. Here's hoping that my husband will be here to enjoy them with me before the plants are exhausted. :)

I've been writing a novel, but I have discovered some new motivation for completing it and getting published. If I am ever given a voice, you can bet your a$$ that I will write a novel taht will somehow, some way, get our sufferings onto the bestseller list. :D

Hi Julie, Its great to hear of your new positive attitude, and I hope it fits well ! i'll bet your husband will be able to bring over some Tandoori Paste then you can make some yourself.. Your salad sounds gorgeous, right up my street as they say :yes: I cannot wait to get to Texas for the best barbecue in the world and, of course, all the tex-mex you can eat and they have great salads there too ! its funny but patience was never my strong point either but when you just have absolutely no choice, well, you have to grin and bear it dont you ? i'm still waiting to hear something any minute, hour, day, week but every day that goes by brings me closer to my darlin' and I really do feel sure that, although they are making you wait, you ARE married and you have been honest, that when you do hear it will be good news, so keep up the positive, try not to let it make you ill, and even though at times it may seem like its the hardest and worst thing you've ever had to do, it inevitably will be over soon (F) at least the novel can be used as an outlet and do let us know if you become rich and famous :star:

Edited by city2countrygirl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Mmmm, bar-b-que! I love Tex-Mex food.

I sure hope you get that magical phone call soon!

Tomorrow's Friday - maybe an update? We haven't heard from Andrew for a while. Andrew, if you're out there, have you burst a vein in your forehead? I've been dangerously close to it myself during the course of the last year.

I went to my Neurologist today & they diagnosed me with narcolepsy. I spent about half an hour asking questions, going over my treatment plan, etc. I got back to my office and proceeded to tell the entire world. LOL. The phone rang and the Neurologist said, "Um, I'm really embarrassed, but.... well, er, my staff put the wrong sleep study in your chart."

So I came home after that mess to find that my neighbor had removed my roof. Yes, that's right: removed. my. roof. I'm a writer and I can't make up stories this good. :rofl:

Ah, what can you do but laugh, right? :bonk:

This rotten day sure would be forgotten if we got good news tomorrow. :hehe:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

I-601 UPDATED TODAY (FRIDAY 7TH MAY 2010)

I will update you all with the latest changes shortly.

Only one new addition to Pending, no other movements :crying:

Regards

Andrew

event.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Mmmm, bar-b-que! I love Tex-Mex food.

I sure hope you get that magical phone call soon!

Tomorrow's Friday - maybe an update? We haven't heard from Andrew for a while. Andrew, if you're out there, have you burst a vein in your forehead? I've been dangerously close to it myself during the course of the last year.

I went to my Neurologist today & they diagnosed me with narcolepsy. I spent about half an hour asking questions, going over my treatment plan, etc. I got back to my office and proceeded to tell the entire world. LOL. The phone rang and the Neurologist said, "Um, I'm really embarrassed, but.... well, er, my staff put the wrong sleep study in your chart."

So I came home after that mess to find that my neighbor had removed my roof. Yes, that's right: removed. my. roof. I'm a writer and I can't make up stories this good. :rofl:

Ah, what can you do but laugh, right? :bonk:

This rotten day sure would be forgotten if we got good news tomorrow. :hehe:

Well maybe (if i ever get there) you and your hubby can visit us in Texas for some great barbecue.. what a disaster with your medical situation !!**?? honestly, those people are incredible, (had you found yourself nodding off? - its probably stress, anxiety and sleeping badly, as these are symptoms affecting us all.. And then your roof !!!!! I hope he put it back :o At least there is some stuff going on to take your mind off things, even though its not what you'd order :lol: and on the positive side it does give you fodder for your novel, 'truth is stranger than fiction' as they say :D Well according to Update Andy..nothing much has happened today so I wish you a good weekend and look forward to something on monday (F)

Hi Guys

OK here is the latest after digesting the update today (Friday 7th May 2010) :reading:

USCIS have added 1 case to the "Pending" pile, this is case number LND2008 301 001 :cry:

That is it... They have done absolutley nothing else, no more movement from Pending to Under Review or any cases to completed.. in fact they have only completed 2 cases over the last 36 days on the 21st April 2010.

Even with the Bank Holiday you would have thought that they could have completed some more of the 9 London cases that are still Under Review or even if they were waiting on paperwork or other information then why not bring forward some more Pending cases to work on in the meantime?

Well I have written to the USCIS Ombudsman but have not yet received any response to my email, they do have however now have access to my spreadsheet, which hopefully will open their eyes to the long periods of time that we are all having to wait whilst appantently USCIS sit on their backsides doing nothing.

Do I sound a bit negative or pissed off... yes I am.. I am sorry but we will have been waiting for 26 weeks for our case to go to completed when we were told 15-16 weeks, add the extra 2 years that we have also been going through the other K1/K3 processes and you can see why this delay is not welcome and gets us upset. :ranting:

I am going to contact a lawyer that used to work for the USCIS adjudication dept in the London US Embassy to see if he can enlighten us as to why there are periods of time when nothing happens to any cases for months? also I will be asking him about the best way to get someone to investigate the slow service of these cases.

Anyway my rant is over for this week, I hope you all have a good one and will be in touch soon. :thumbs:

As always my updated spreadsheet can be found here > I-601 Update Spreadsheet 7th May 2010

Regards

Andrew AKA "Update Andy" & "The Speadsheet King"

Edited by Traci - Andrew

event.png

Timeline

It's Congressman time for me.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline

I'm beginning to think they don't begin work on one case until one is moved off of the pile. So if they are missing something in that case that has been "under review" for 112 days, we all wait.

Right now, we've got cases pending for the following # of days:

112 (as in nearly FOUR MONTHS)

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

that case is mine lnd 2008 301 001

Congratulations Carl... I have updated the spreadsheet and coloured your row blue and marked you as a "VJ User" as some people like to keep their name private on this list, personally I don't mind adding my name to the list to make it easier to identify each others cases, but I do understand other peoples views and concerns.

If you would rather I mark your VJ Name "CarlHales" on the spreadsheet instead of "VJ User" please let me know.

Anyway welcome to the I-601 waiting club :thumbs: here is the link to the spreadsheet : > I-601 Update Spreadsheet 7th May 2010

Regards

Andrew

event.png

I'm beginning to think they don't begin work on one case until one is moved off of the pile. So if they are missing something in that case that has been "under review" for 112 days, we all wait.

Right now, we've got cases pending for the following # of days:

112 (as in nearly FOUR MONTHS)

Hi J

What you have also got to take in to account is the number of days pending as well though.. so your list will look like this once the total number of days have been totaled:

Under Review Days + Pending Days = Total Days

112 + 89 = 201

85 + 116 = 201

48 (is completed and not under review)

37 + 140 = 177 Our Case

38 + 51 = 89

36 + 53 = 89

18 + 71 = 89

18 + 67 = 85

18 + 67 = 85

18 + 67 = 85

Which makes our case the 3rd longest case overall out of all the current Under Review cases.. :crying:

Take care

Andrew :thumbs:

event.png

Hi J

What you have also got to take in to account is the number of days pending as well though.. so your list will look like this once the total number of days have been totaled:

Under Review Days + Pending Days = Total Days

112 + 89 = 201

85 + 116 = 201

37 + 140 = 177 Our Case

38 + 51 = 89

36 + 53 = 89

18 + 71 = 89

18 + 67 = 85

18 + 67 = 85

18 + 67 = 85

Which makes our case the 3rd longest case overall out of all the current Under Review cases.. :crying:

Take care

Andrew :thumbs:

May 30th - if nothing has been done by then we will join the 200 Club (days waiting) :girlwerewolf2xn:. Hey JustJ - if we're still waiting will you send us a fruit tray that day to cheer me up??? Maybe if I start looking forward to our fruit tray instead of a completion...it might happen???? :cry: Sorry guys, my positive thinking walked out the door with this morning's update (??)

Well anyway, it's the weekend again, hope everyone has some great plans to keep busy. Enjoy!!! Here's looking forward to a new week!! :thumbs:

Take care everyone

Traci

event.png

Timeline

and THIS, my friend, is why I leave the spreadsheeting up to you! :rofl:

There is nothing to say other than that is pure CR*P. I sure hope you hear something soon. It's just not fair.

Edited by JustJ

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline

May 30th - if nothing has been done by then we will join the 200 Club (days waiting) :girlwerewolf2xn:. Hey JustJ - if we're still waiting will you send us a fruit tray that day to cheer me up???

No, but I will send each of us a "Whiskies of the World" basket! LOL

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.