SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex, FrostyMist, viol8torUK, TeamMoran

D_G, Andrew + Bethany, RUSSandRACHEL, david'sgirl/Scotinmass, Nikki-UK, earlgreygirl, jonoger1984, jenanddan2010, amykathleen2005

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Hindocha, munkeynuts, yorkshirerose22, .Jay'n'Terri, ajbe1986, brit la, Think~Pink, h1a1, karenista

March 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

kjrrem, MattHeartCass, jkminney, pwac, Justine+David, moss, ruth_a

April 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

May 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

March Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1..........david b..............18 Mar 2010 :star: approved pending additional documentation

April Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

DCF.........ohlpomr................6 Apr 2010 further evidence requested

K-1.........Rito...................6 Apr 2010 :star: pending additional documentation

IR-1........Hellojulie.............6 Apr 2010 :star:

K-1.........musikgal06.............7 Apr 2010 :star:

IR-1........Hokie97...............16 Apr 2010 :star:

K-1.........Ricky+Vanessa.........19 Apr 2010 :star:

K-1.........JMR...................30 Apr 2010 (74 days)

May Interviews(* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........Gela...................6 May 2010 (62 days)

IR-1........sveta & jeff...........6 May 2010 (61 days)

K-1.........ThomasBell............18 May 2010 (123 days)

K-1.........Adrian+Mike...........20 May 2010 (119 days)

CR-1........A Miller..............25 May 2010 (85 days)

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

Kristen & David (K-1) P3 sent 15 March

nickm (K-1) P3 sent 18 March

doghandler (K-1) P3 sent 19 March

Miss Jess (K-1) P3 sent 22 March

Y&E (K-1) P3 sent 25 March

ztaylor (K-1) P3 sent 25 March

Amy and Michael P3 sent 26 March

Leenie (K-1) P3 sent 12 April

F2C-MaDMaXX (K-1) sent 9 April

arwilson (K-1) P3 sent 14 April

W + M (K-1) P3 sent 20 April

Memmab (K-1) P3 sent 20 April

A and J (K-1) P3 sent 20 April

MrStrain14 (K-1) P3 sent 22 April

Between NOA2 and P3

visacat - NOA2: 16 Feb

Dawn654

SunDrop - NOA2: 1 Apr

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just checked the DX website and our passports are due to be delivered tomorrow :thumbs:

Hokie you are sooo organised.

Yay for you!

I've always been fairly organized, but this process has made me more so. The visa stuff as well as going from single to running a house of four. I'm just so afraid of screwing something up or forgetting to do something.

-Jenny

Our Timeline:

September 30, 2007 - I joined a country music website that he ran

March, 2008 - Started chatting online

October 15-27, 2008 - I came to the UK to visit, got engaged during surprise trip to Paris

February 14, 2009 - Married in Virginia

February 28, 2009 - Passport with new name arrived

March 3, 2009 - Biometrics appointment, Fed-Ex'd Spousal VISA package to courier

March 5, 2009 - Courier delivered to Embassy in LA

March 6, 2009 - VISA approved

March 7, 2009 - VISA in hand, bought airline ticket

March 8, 2009 - Arrived in U.K.

October 2009 - Decided to move family to the US

November 6, 2009 - Mailed I-130 to London

November 10, 2009 - NOA1

December 24, 2009 - NOA2

January 6, 2010 - Packet 3 received

January 13, 2010 - DS-2001 mailed

January 25, 2010 - Medicals completed

April 16, 2010 - Interview - It's a YES!

June 7, 2010 - Move to Virginia!

http://jennysadventuresinengland.blogspot.com

March 29, 2011 - Husband walked out on our marriage

April 29, 2011 - Husband moved himself and the children to Wyoming to be with the best woman from our wedding, who he'd only met the one time, at our wedding

December 14, 2011 - Divorce finalized

Hi folks,

It's been 5 weeks since i sent away my packet with all the forms.. and i can honestly say the waiting is really wearing thin now.. i mean i dont even know if they got the package, in this day and age is it too much to ask for a simple acknowledgement, i dont think so. :(

My fiancee called the DOS today to see if there were any updates and was told that we should call, email or write to the Embassy to ask for an update the lady on the phone said "it has been long enough".

Has anyone got in contact with the embassy and been sucessful in getting a case update or will it be a simple generic response?

What can possibly take so long, its crazy..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi folks,

It's been 5 weeks since i sent away my packet with all the forms.. and i can honestly say the waiting is really wearing thin now.. i mean i dont even know if they got the package, in this day and age is it too much to ask for a simple acknowledgement, i dont think so. :(

My fiancee called the DOS today to see if there were any updates and was told that we should call, email or write to the Embassy to ask for an update the lady on the phone said "it has been long enough".

Has anyone got in contact with the embassy and been sucessful in getting a case update or will it be a simple generic response?

Hi, I've never posted on here, but I'm Mrstrain14's fiance...I just wanted to say that having to wait such a long time for your interview sounds awful! Mike just sent his Packet 3 back today to the Embassy, so I'm getting more excited, but honestly, to see that you've waiting 5 weeks...Hang in there!! It is a little crazy though. :/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi folks,

I don't have experience with calling to check the status, but I am wondering how you shipped it? This is my timeline regarding getting an interview letter:

When I mailed mine I sent it next day and had confirmation that it was signed for. It was exactly 4 weeks after that that we got a letter saying I'd missed a form (there were three applications I was sending in - I was so mad at myself!). I had that delivered to the embassy two days later and it was another 4 weeks until I got an interview date - 8 weeks later. I called and got the email and moved my interview date up to 4 weeks away instead of 8.

4 weeks seemed to be the average when I was looking at other people's timelines, but of course that can change from month to month. I mailed it next day and it took 4. If you sent it regular mail, you could easily add a few days to a week on to the delivery, upping the 4 weeks to 5.

I hope that you hear something soon.

-Jenny

Our Timeline:

September 30, 2007 - I joined a country music website that he ran

March, 2008 - Started chatting online

October 15-27, 2008 - I came to the UK to visit, got engaged during surprise trip to Paris

February 14, 2009 - Married in Virginia

February 28, 2009 - Passport with new name arrived

March 3, 2009 - Biometrics appointment, Fed-Ex'd Spousal VISA package to courier

March 5, 2009 - Courier delivered to Embassy in LA

March 6, 2009 - VISA approved

March 7, 2009 - VISA in hand, bought airline ticket

March 8, 2009 - Arrived in U.K.

October 2009 - Decided to move family to the US

November 6, 2009 - Mailed I-130 to London

November 10, 2009 - NOA1

December 24, 2009 - NOA2

January 6, 2010 - Packet 3 received

January 13, 2010 - DS-2001 mailed

January 25, 2010 - Medicals completed

April 16, 2010 - Interview - It's a YES!

June 7, 2010 - Move to Virginia!

http://jennysadventuresinengland.blogspot.com

March 29, 2011 - Husband walked out on our marriage

April 29, 2011 - Husband moved himself and the children to Wyoming to be with the best woman from our wedding, who he'd only met the one time, at our wedding

December 14, 2011 - Divorce finalized

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi folks,

Hi nickm, we sent ours back 4 weeks ago so I've been looking for inspiration from your case and a few others who sent packet 3 back before me. I sent mine special delivery so I know it was signed for and I get my man to chase DOS everyweek to see if they know anything as the embassy line is way to much money. Now I know it's been logged and being processed, but we are just waiting. There were 2 cases this week that got interviews but they sent there's in January! So we could have a long wait yet. Boo hoo.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-25

NVC Received : 2010-03-01

NVC Left : 2010-03-04

Requested police report by post : 2010-03-08

Consulate Received : 2010-03-09

Medical Booked 2010-03-30

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-24

Police report received : 2010-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-25

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-24

Interview Date : 2010-05-11

Interview Result :Approved

Visa Received : 2010-05-19

US Entry : 2010-06-18

Marriage : 2010-07-24

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 90 days from your NOA1 date.

Hi folks,

Hi fellow W. Yorshireite,

I sent my packet back signed for delivery about a week after you sent yours. It was signed for the following Monday and I received a letter back which I guess is an RFE thing this week. So, I know that I am in they system and since you sent yours a week before me I'd say there's more than a good chance that you are too. I guess that you could call the extortion line to find out if you wanted to spent the money.

Emma

Hi, have not posted here before as been following the London DCF thread but now i have my interview date I thought i would add my details.

I am applying for the IR1 visa through the London embassy as hubby and I were both living here when we applied (he returned to the US a couple of weeks ago to start his new job).

I sent packet 3 back on March 22nd and got packet 4 letter today April 23rd. My interview date is May 28th.

Interestingly I called the extortion line this past wednesday to see if a date had been given (which it had not at that point) and he told me i would hear in the next 5 - 6 weeks so was definetly not expecting the letter today! The letter is dated Wednesday so the date must have been given after I called.

Good luck all

Stacey

Edited by staceyafreeman

I don't have experience with calling to check the status, but I am wondering how you shipped it? This is my timeline regarding getting an interview letter:

When I mailed mine I sent it next day and had confirmation that it was signed for. It was exactly 4 weeks after that that we got a letter saying I'd missed a form (there were three applications I was sending in - I was so mad at myself!). I had that delivered to the embassy two days later and it was another 4 weeks until I got an interview date - 8 weeks later. I called and got the email and moved my interview date up to 4 weeks away instead of 8.

4 weeks seemed to be the average when I was looking at other people's timelines, but of course that can change from month to month. I mailed it next day and it took 4. If you sent it regular mail, you could easily add a few days to a week on to the delivery, upping the 4 weeks to 5.

I hope that you hear something soon.

I sent it by recorded post on the 18th of march and according to the post office website it was delivered on the 22nd.

Hi nickm, we sent ours back 4 weeks ago so I've been looking for inspiration from your case and a few others who sent packet 3 back before me. I sent mine special delivery so I know it was signed for and I get my man to chase DOS everyweek to see if they know anything as the embassy line is way to much money. Now I know it's been logged and being processed, but we are just waiting. There were 2 cases this week that got interviews but they sent there's in January! So we could have a long wait yet. Boo hoo.

I dont like the sound of that.. januray applications being processed now. i REALLY hope its not that much of a wait or i might end in a the loony bin :dance:

Hi fellow W. Yorshireite,

I sent my packet back signed for delivery about a week after you sent yours. It was signed for the following Monday and I received a letter back which I guess is an RFE thing this week. So, I know that I am in they system and since you sent yours a week before me I'd say there's more than a good chance that you are too. I guess that you could call the extortion line to find out if you wanted to spent the money.

Emma

Another west yorksirite, theres a theme runnning here... LETS GET THE HELL OUTTA THIS DUMP BEFORE IT GETS WORSE.. :lol:

I'm sorry you got an RFE, hope its not too complicated, but its kind of a comfort that they have at least looked at the forms and there not sitting in a dusty pile while they work there way through january applications.

My finacee has emailed the embassy, i really dont think it will help, i am just expecting to get back a generic email "we are working on your case". BLAH BLAH BLAH..

I dont want to call the extorsion line, especailly becasue i dont have a landline and would have to take out a bank loan to call from my mobile. :lol:

I guess i will let everyone know what the outcome of the email attempt is it may help people in the future.

Does anyone have and email or phone contact for the embassy where i can check they've received my package?

Have a look at this page of THE WIKI I think you need to scroll down to point "4".

Ok, visa arrived today after sending back extra docs. DONE!

Total time from start to finish: 8 months 20 days.

SunDrop you can update your timeline now too if you wish :)

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their support throughout this process.

Ok, visa arrived today after sending back extra docs. DONE!

Total time from start to finish: 8 months 20 days.

SunDrop you can update your timeline now too if you wish :)

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their support throughout this process.

Excellent!

Mine arrived this morning :)

Another west yorksirite, theres a theme runnning here... LETS GET THE HELL OUTTA THIS DUMP BEFORE IT GETS WORSE.. :lol:

I'm sorry you got an RFE, hope its not too complicated, but its kind of a comfort that they have at least looked at the forms and there not sitting in a dusty pile while they work there way through january applications.

Halifax is wayyy better than Huddersfield though! I'm not sure that da hud could get much worse :) I think that maybe the two people who were left over from January were anomalies. I hope so. I'm the same about not wanting to ring the extortion line. The RFE was just annoying - for some reason they want to apply to the NZ police directly for a police cert even though the checklist tells us that we HAVE to already have a certificate from each country before we send it in. Go figure - I just sent the letter back signed and told them that I already have the certificate. It will just delay the process even more I guess.

Yay to everyone who has received an interview date or your visas this week :dance:

Does anyone have and email or phone contact for the embassy where i can check they've received my package?

I'm pretty sure that their phone number is all over the US Embassy London website. You have to call the extortion line first to get a code to input onto the email. I'm not sure that they reply to emails if they don't have the current code.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.