SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Hopefully my medical experience will help. I had a full record of injections right up till I left school at 16. Went to the medical and was told even though I'd had measles and rubella injections as a child the USA need it twice I also needed some up to date injections. The nurse gave me a letter to take to my doctors to say what I needed. I had 6 injections in total. Measles, mumps and rubella in one arm and tetanus, diptheria and polio in the other. Glad I did as wouldn't have wanted the trip home on the tube! And they were all done for free! My doctor then faxed the letter backed to the medical place and they updated my records and then posted the form to me that we need for the AOS. Definately better doing it that way as it takes 4 days for them to get your blood results back anyway before they can send your file to the embassy! Hope that helps

That's good, but you don't actually need them for K1 entry, only need a record and proof to present to the civil surgeon when you do the AOS. So you don't need to send the information to Knightsbridge if you can't get the injections / results before the medical is sent to the embassy. I couldn't get mine done yesterday as my surgery was shut!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's odd, they said i only required MMR and Tetanus for the USA, they had no certified proof of me having anything else, even though i had.

When I was there she said I only needed those, I think she just abbreviated the tetnus one as on my sheet she then wrote Tdap and they just put all 3 in one shot. It's only because I had the sheet and my nurse insisted on telling me about all the side affects I could have that I knew what was in them. Have a look at the form they gave to you.it gives dates and tells you what shots you've had.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-25

NVC Received : 2010-03-01

NVC Left : 2010-03-04

Requested police report by post : 2010-03-08

Consulate Received : 2010-03-09

Medical Booked 2010-03-30

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-24

Police report received : 2010-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-25

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-24

Interview Date : 2010-05-11

Interview Result :Approved

Visa Received : 2010-05-19

US Entry : 2010-06-18

Marriage : 2010-07-24

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 90 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wahoo! Fiance just rang up the DOS... interview scheduled for 20th May 8:30am !!!!! sooo happy! :dance:

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Just wanted to post that I had my medical yesterday with Jenine and everything went smoothly. The embassy recieved my packet 3 yesterday as well, so add me to the 'waiting for interview date' list!

(My timeline isn't filled in as my fiance has it filled out on his account)

(My timeline isn't filled in as my fiance has it filled out on his account)

Your fiance can go to the edit function of his timeline and way down at the bottom, there is a place to put in your member number to associate the same timeline with each of your user names. You find your member number on your profile page.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Uuuuuug. Sorry to vent again, but I'm going to vent again.

Yesterday morning:

Doctor: "Ok, everything looks good, I'll fax your results to Knightsbridge tomorrow afternoon."

Fiance: "Tomorrow afternoon? Could you do it now? You've already cost us two weeks."

Doctor: "Nope can't do it before tomorrow afternoon."

Today:

Fiance: "Hi, I'm calling to make sure my results have been faxed."

Doctor's office: "Nothing's been faxed from us today. And the doctor decided to take the afternoon off."

Us: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Timeline

Aww Rito that sucks, from what i can gather, this is classed as private stuff, and the NHS doesn't give them time to do it.

Yes, I believe that is part of the delays. For instance, they told my fiance they could only make an appointment with him "outside of business hours" - before 9am or after 5pm - as it's private work. Doesn't quite excuse two weeks of delays and taking the afternoon off, though. It's a fax, it would take them two minutes. :bonk:

Sent back the docs requested from interview, received an sms from SMS yesterday that they were to deliver the passport back TODAY... wife took the WHOLE day off of work, left the door open all day, never left the house. thedx.co.uk says "delivery attempted" but nobody ever came.... so aggravating. This visa process refuses to end....

Just got home to a letter from the embassy asking me to fill in a form so that they can get a police cert from NZ for me. So annoyed - my one that I applied for from NZ was put in the post on the 13th - this letter from the embassy was typed on the 15th and only posted yesterday! Am just going to include covering letter telling them that I've already received it, do they really have to send away for it? I just want an interview date!

Congrats to everyone who has got their dates. I was wanting a May date but that looks unlikely now - NZ police took over 6 weeks to send my cert to me, hate to think how long they'll ignore the US embassy for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So sorry about that Rito. Hopefully it'll be the first thing on their to do list tomorrow.

ohlpomr - That sucks. Did they have instructions for getting it redelivered?

-Jenny

Our Timeline:

September 30, 2007 - I joined a country music website that he ran

March, 2008 - Started chatting online

October 15-27, 2008 - I came to the UK to visit, got engaged during surprise trip to Paris

February 14, 2009 - Married in Virginia

February 28, 2009 - Passport with new name arrived

March 3, 2009 - Biometrics appointment, Fed-Ex'd Spousal VISA package to courier

March 5, 2009 - Courier delivered to Embassy in LA

March 6, 2009 - VISA approved

March 7, 2009 - VISA in hand, bought airline ticket

March 8, 2009 - Arrived in U.K.

October 2009 - Decided to move family to the US

November 6, 2009 - Mailed I-130 to London

November 10, 2009 - NOA1

December 24, 2009 - NOA2

January 6, 2010 - Packet 3 received

January 13, 2010 - DS-2001 mailed

January 25, 2010 - Medicals completed

April 16, 2010 - Interview - It's a YES!

June 7, 2010 - Move to Virginia!

http://jennysadventuresinengland.blogspot.com

March 29, 2011 - Husband walked out on our marriage

April 29, 2011 - Husband moved himself and the children to Wyoming to be with the best woman from our wedding, who he'd only met the one time, at our wedding

December 14, 2011 - Divorce finalized

Timeline

Just got home to a letter from the embassy asking me to fill in a form so that they can get a police cert from NZ for me. So annoyed - my one that I applied for from NZ was put in the post on the 13th - this letter from the embassy was typed on the 15th and only posted yesterday! Am just going to include covering letter telling them that I've already received it, do they really have to send away for it? I just want an interview date!

Congrats to everyone who has got their dates. I was wanting a May date but that looks unlikely now - NZ police took over 6 weeks to send my cert to me, hate to think how long they'll ignore the US embassy for.

This may seem a silly question but on the check list that you sent back did you state the countries of where you got the police certificates from, as that is one of the things they ask for. Hope it sorts out for you soon, it's driving me mad all this waiting!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-25

NVC Received : 2010-03-01

NVC Left : 2010-03-04

Requested police report by post : 2010-03-08

Consulate Received : 2010-03-09

Medical Booked 2010-03-30

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-24

Police report received : 2010-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-25

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-24

Interview Date : 2010-05-11

Interview Result :Approved

Visa Received : 2010-05-19

US Entry : 2010-06-18

Marriage : 2010-07-24

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 90 days from your NOA1 date.

So sorry about that Rito. Hopefully it'll be the first thing on their to do list tomorrow.

ohlpomr - That sucks. Did they have instructions for getting it redelivered?

Hokie, have you received yours now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.