tallcoolone

December 7th - Pearl Harbor Day

6 posts in this topic

The day we reflect upon the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, that killed over 4,000 American while they were sleeping.

10 hours later they attacked the Philippines

The USA was staying neutral during WW2, while Germany was conquerin Europe, and Japan was taking over Asia. Once the did thier cowardly attack, it forced the USA into WW2.

I made a trip to Pearl harbor a few years ago, and their is still oil rising from the sunken Arizona with hundred of American entombed in the ship. I also made trip to PunchBowl Cemetery where 2 family members were buried from the attack.

I will never Forget nor Forgive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
(F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

The day we reflect upon the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, that killed over 4,000 American while they were sleeping.

10 hours later they attacked the Philippines

The USA was staying neutral during WW2, while Germany was conquerin Europe, and Japan was taking over Asia. Once the did thier cowardly attack, it forced the USA into WW2.

I made a trip to Pearl harbor a few years ago, and their is still oil rising from the sunken Arizona with hundred of American entombed in the ship. I also made trip to PunchBowl Cemetery where 2 family members were buried from the attack.

I will never Forget nor Forgive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor

Thank you for honoring this day. This was as horrific and tragic as any wartime event ever in the history of the US. We as a society can never forget what happened at Pearl Harbor and we must prevent the same scenario from ever developing again, here or in any free nation on earth. I also lost family in both World Wars and the cowardice of this attack should and must be remembered forever. The behavior of Japan in particular in the Pacific with regard to prisoners of war and the treatment of occupied nations was also inexcusable under any circumstance.

But I would submit to you that the attack on Pearl Harbor, and WWII in general, was precipitated by greed and an arrogant quest for absolute power and world dominance by the imperialistic leadership of both Japan and Germany - at the EXPENSE of the common citizenship in those countries who for the most part had no control nor no part in the atrocities committed. That is why we must also now forgive both nations. They suffered even more than we as a result of the war as the devastation across Germany and particularly the craters in Hiroshima and Nagasaki clearly attest.

To forgive is devine. To not forgive is immoral. To forget is unforgivable.

Just my thoughts today. God Bless all our Veterans on this Hallowed Anniversary!

Mark and Gladys!

pe0zrjk.png

Together in Love Forever!

One really great thing about my trip to Tacloban was the hotel I stayed in - Hotel Alejandro. It belonged to Dr. Alejandro when the Japanese invaded Leyte and they took it from him and used it for their officers. The old house is completely restored and the hotel is built around it on 3 sides. It's an amazing old home and it is FILLED with photos and memorabilia from the war, as is the rest of the hotel. There are original documents there as well - the letter written to the Filipinos by Gen. Macarthur after the liberation, leaflets that were dropped by air instructing the people about the pending invasion and the photo collection is just amazing.

IMG_0309.jpg

This is the upstairs of the old home

IMG_0299.jpg

and this is the bottom floor. You walk through the old home to enter the lobby of the hotel.

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

This one isn't related to the war of course, but what a very cool place the roof of the hotel is!!

IMG_0280.jpg

Not only was the old house filled with photos like this, the entire hotel is! They were adding more photos to the walls nearly the entire time we were there. We spent a lot of time looking through them and still didn't get to see them all. My Uncle was in the battle of Leyte so it was pretty amazing to look through all of the history they have hanging on the walls there.

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

One really great thing about my trip to Tacloban was the hotel I stayed in - Hotel Alejandro. It belonged to Dr. Alejandro when the Japanese invaded Leyte and they took it from him and used it for their officers. The old house is completely restored and the hotel is built around it on 3 sides. It's an amazing old home and it is FILLED with photos and memorabilia from the war, as is the rest of the hotel. There are original documents there as well - the letter written to the Filipinos by Gen. Macarthur after the liberation, leaflets that were dropped by air instructing the people about the pending invasion and the photo collection is just amazing.

IMG_0309.jpg

This is the upstairs of the old home

IMG_0299.jpg

and this is the bottom floor. You walk through the old home to enter the lobby of the hotel.

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

This one isn't related to the war of course, but what a very cool place the roof of the hotel is!!

IMG_0280.jpg

Not only was the old house filled with photos like this, the entire hotel is! They were adding more photos to the walls nearly the entire time we were there. We spent a lot of time looking through them and still didn't get to see them all. My Uncle was in the battle of Leyte so it was pretty amazing to look through all of the history they have hanging on the walls there.

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing.

Mark and Gladys!

pe0zrjk.png

Together in Love Forever!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.