MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

heading to school.....everyone have a wonderful evening.....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know how to make peanut porridge?

open the package of grace peanut porridge and add wata!!! :rofl:

:rofl:

ells - ow tings go wid hubby fadda? (mi memba u seh he was being pushy)

Hi Ness! Well, he accepted our holiday plans but he's actually going to come pick him up tomorrow & take him to his house for the weekend. At first I was hesitant but then I got selfish & realized I'll have a WHOLE weekend to myself to sleep in & be able to study for my final exams without any interruptions & decided it was a GREAT idea! :lol:

I know his Dad joneses for his cooking so he'll probably have him make some flour & they'll cook some fish & 'home food' together. He was talking about taking him to play some football (soccer) too. Oh yeah, and he's going to meet his half sister for the first time who lives in another city an hour away from where his dad lives. I hope they have some good bonding time....and that his dad will take him somewhere to get his hair braided! :yes::lol:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
LOL yeah I don't like how they have all the tourist holding on to each other that is crazy one person slips it over chile!

Tell me about it girl I nearly took the whole line DOWN!!!!!

Ya'll crazy to walk with them...but if you don't know any different I guess you just follow. I go where every we can climb they they just tell you if you drop you on your own...I've climbed the falls several times...I just love the pool in the middle of the falls

Several times :blink: ??? Girl them falls told me not to neva come back and I’m listening to them.

OK I finally caught up LOL today has been a whirlwind, but at least I got a chance to go to lunch with the best Manager on the planet! :dancing:

Well I have 3 anniversaries I celebrate with Hubby during the year

1. The day we got married ( Valentines Day)

2. The day we met

3. The day we got engaged ( Christmas Day)

I am now trying to think of the perfect gift for this man for our upcoming anniversary, I want to do something special since this will be the 1st Xmas- Kwanzaa Holiday in the States.

He Loves jewelry so I want to get him a new set of diamond studs and a new watch I think he will love that. I was also thinking of maybe surprising him with a night at the Inn of the Dove or the Feather nest inn.

1-09Dove-021a.jpg

1-09Dove-010a.jpg

cherry-hill.jpg

I am so excited I love surprises LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Mstee LMAO @ the torpedos comment you know I feel you girl when I jog I have to tie these bad boys girls down!

I fixed it for you! :thumbs::rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: yes yes you are so right!

open the package and add Wata Lawd My gyal :no::lol:

LOL yeah I don't like how they have all the tourist holding on to each other that is crazy one person slips it over chile!

:rofl: :rofl:

Ya'll crazy to walk with them...but if you don't know any different I guess you just follow. I go where every we can climb they they just tell you if you drop you on your own...I've climbed the falls several times...I just love the pool in the middle of the falls

Lawny mi neva go wid dem I just watch LOL and do my own thing, and play in the ocean like you LOL

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
OK I finally caught up LOL today has been a whirlwind, but at least I got a chance to go to lunch with the best Manager on the planet! :dancing:

2. The day we met

I am now trying to think of the perfect gift for this man for our upcoming anniversary, I want to do something special since this will be the 1st Xmas- Kwanzaa Holiday in the States.

He Loves jewelry so I want to get him a new set of diamond studs and a new watch I think he will love that. I was also thinking of maybe surprising him with a night at the Inn of the Dove or the Feather nest inn.

1-09Dove-021a.jpg

1-09Dove-010a.jpg

cherry-hill.jpg

How excellent is it that you can say 'best manager' instead of 'crypt keeper'?? LOL!

Happy Anniversaries Philly! What date did you meet?

I'm so silly....hubby was with me on black Friday when I bought all his winter stuff & some of them are getting wrapped. I'm too broke to do any more than that. But I want him to have something under the tree so he just has to wait to wear some of the stuff. I don't care if he already knows what everything is....he can pretend to be surprised. :lol: What you have planned sounds very nice...I'm sure he'll love those gifts.

A night at that hotel definitely looks like one big ol' SEXY PARTY with the FEVA! :yes::rofl:

Filed: Timeline

Philly?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Hi Ness! Well, he accepted our holiday plans but he's actually going to come pick him up tomorrow & take him to his house for the weekend. At first I was hesitant but then I got selfish & realized I'll have a WHOLE weekend to myself to sleep in & be able to study for my final exams without any interruptions & decided it was a GREAT idea! :lol:

I know his Dad joneses for his cooking so he'll probably have him make some flour & they'll cook some fish & 'home food' together. He was talking about taking him to play some football (soccer) too. Oh yeah, and he's going to meet his half sister for the first time who lives in another city an hour away from where his dad lives. I hope they have some good bonding time....and that his dad will take him somewhere to get his hair braided! :yes::lol:

Hey Ells, that is nice Lehi is spending time with his Dad this weekend and its not cramping any style on the Holiday :star: It works out for everyone :thumbs: WOW Lehi gets to meet his siblings for the 1st time how exciting for him, yes the weekend will give them time to get to know each other, glad that you all to work it all out and everyone is happy~ :luv:

I'm so silly....hubby was with me on black Friday when I bought all his winter stuff & some of them are getting wrapped. I'm too broke to do any more than that. But I want him to have something under the tree so he just has to wait to wear some of the stuff. I don't care if he already knows what everything is....he can pretend to be surprised. :lol: What you have planned sounds very nice...I'm sure he'll love those gifts.

A night at that hotel definitely looks like one big ol' SEXY PARTY with the FEVA! :yes::rofl:

Ells we met on September 25th and that day is always so special to me so I have to celebrate :luv:

Girl I am not only a fashionista I am a recessionista as well so I am the best in finding things you want for less :yes: Hubby is amazed at me in the supermarket LOL

This is Lehi's 1st Holiday in the States :dance: and the day isn't even about gifts, just him being here is all that matters!

I'm outtta here I'll tell you about the Sexy Party and the kitty's trying to watch when I get home LOL

OH and the Crypt Keeper hasn't been bothering me lately LOL but there is still time left int he year!

Edited by phillyfashionista

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
Maybe if you mix collards and kale it will taste better. I clean em, put them in a pot with a little water, vinegar, sugar, onions, garlic, smoked neck bones or turkey necks for flavor and soul seasoning!!! Bon appetite! You can also put some seeded peppers for a lil spiciness!

That is what I always do wrong I always add to much water!!!

Hey Everyone,

I have been trying to catch up and every time I start something else comes up. Anyway, I just got the call from my honey and he was APPROVED today. Now we just have to wait on DHL and we will be together shortly.

I didn't know you had a interview today??? Well by gollie Congrats :dance: !!!!!!!

DADA Thanks it was the follow-up interview to the blue slip we received on the 10th of last month because they wanted to see his work paper from the states in 2007.

Sus - you should see this big a** bowl of kale :blink: He cooked and made my lunch last night but the seafood in the cafeteria looked alot better...don't tell him :no: .

:rofl::rofl:

But he kept dancing around me until my hips finally moved...I remember it like it was yesterday :wub:

Awww! :luv:

Maybe if you mix collards and kale it will taste better. I clean em, put them in a pot with a little water, vinegar, sugar, onions, garlic, smoked neck bones or turkey necks for flavor and soul seasoning!!! Bon appetite! You can also put some seeded peppers for a lil spiciness!

Ooh, that sounds really good! I'm gonna have to hit you up for that recipe again if I ever buy those greens! :yes:

Hey Everyone,

I have been trying to catch up and every time I start something else comes up. Anyway, I just got the call from my honey and he was APPROVED today. Now we just have to wait on DHL and we will be together shortly.

Congrats Blessed!!

How are you doing today? Feeling okay?

Thanks Dillon . I am feeling a little better still sore but Thank God each day is a little better.

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

That is what I always do wrong I always add to much water!!!

Hey Everyone,

I didn't know you had a interview today??? Well by gollie Congrats :dance: !!!!!!!

DADA Thanks it was the follow-up interview to the blue slip we received on the 10th of last month because they wanted to see his work paper from the states in 2007.

Sus - you should see this big a** bowl of kale :blink: He cooked and made my lunch last night but the seafood in the cafeteria looked alot better...don't tell him :no: .

:rofl::rofl:

But he kept dancing around me until my hips finally moved...I remember it like it was yesterday :wub:

Awww! :luv:

Ooh, that sounds really good! I'm gonna have to hit you up for that recipe again if I ever buy those greens! :yes:

Hey Everyone,

Congrats Blessed!!

How are you doing today? Feeling okay?

Thanks Dillon . I am feeling a little better still sore but Thank God each day is a little better.

Whoops my bad Ells . I meant to write Dillon how is your Dad?

AOS

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

6/5/10-EAD Received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

Hey Everyone,

:dance: :dance: whoooo hoooo...congrats

Thanks

@ Always Blessed ... Congrats on the Approval

@ Dillion ... You and your family are in my prayers......

Thanks

2. The day we met

1-09Dove-021a.jpg

1-09Dove-010a.jpg

cherry-hill.jpg

How beautiful! Valentines day is such a great day to get married thats when my honey and I are getting married :)

AOS

6/5/10-EAD Received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

Hey Ells, that is nice Lehi is spending time with his Dad this weekend and its not cramping any style on the Holiday :star: It works out for everyone :thumbs: WOW Lehi gets to meet his siblings for the 1st time how exciting for him, yes the weekend will give them time to get to know each other, glad that you all to work it all out and everyone is happy~ :luv:

Ells we met on September 25th and that day is always so special to me so I have to celebrate :luv:

Girl I am not only a fashionista I am a recessionista as well so I am the best in finding things you want for less :yes: Hubby is amazed at me in the supermarket LOL

This is Lehi's 1st Holiday in the States :dance: and the day isn't even about gifts, just him being here is all that matters!

I'm outtta here I'll tell you about the Sexy Party and the kitty's trying to watch when I get home LOL

OH and the Crypt Keeper hasn't been bothering me lately LOL but there is still time left int he year!

Okay, so you've celebrated the 1st of the 3 anniversaries already. You're hubby is gonna be amazed at what you found him this year!

Yes, I'm so happy he is here for this Xmas. We have other plans that don't involve gifts. We are going to go to the Dickens Christmas Faire here in the city & that will be really fun & very Christmasy. We'll be able to pretend we are in London in the 1800s & have roasted chestnuts & eggnog & brandy! They have entertainment at different stages throughout the day & if anything can get a person in the Xmas spirit, that sure can. And when we get up to my parents' for the holiday, after church on Xmas Eve, just the two of us are going to drive all over looking at the over-the-top Xmas light displays on the houses. They do it up real big there & he's never seen such a thing....I can't wait to see his reaction. It's always fun going to look at the lights, now it'll be more fun with him to ooh & aah with me!

LOL @ the kitty's watching....shoo them out now! That's none of their business! :rofl:

Glad you aren't feeling too bad Blessed. When you aren't too sore, if you can afford it, I recommend getting a massage to help any stiff, healing muscles loosen up again.

Edited by Ellsinlove

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE HOPE EVERYONE HAD GREAT DAY...

post-62748-1260487258_thumb.jpg

Okay, so you've celebrated the 1st of the 3 anniversaries already. You're hubby is gonna be amazed at what you found him this year!

Yes, I'm so happy he is here for this Xmas. We have other plans that don't involve gifts. We are going to go to the Dickens Christmas Faire here in the city & that will be really fun & very Christmasy. We'll be able to pretend we are in London in the 1800s & have roasted chestnuts & eggnog & brandy! They have entertainment at different stages throughout the day & if anything can get a person in the Xmas spirit, that sure can. And when we get up to my parents' for the holiday, after church on Xmas Eve, just the two of us are going to drive all over looking at the over-the-top Xmas light displays on the houses. They do it up real big there & he's never seen such a thing....I can't wait to see his reaction. It's always fun going to look at the lights, now it'll be more fun with him to ooh & aah with me!

LOL @ the kitty's watching....shoo them out now! That's none of their business! :rofl:

Glad you aren't feeling too bad Blessed. When you aren't too sore, if you can afford it, I recommend getting a massage to help any stiff, healing muscles loosen up again.

AWW THAT SOUNDS GREAT

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Hey Everyone,

Congratulations!!

:star: :star: :star:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Well here is the story of how Ash met Den or Den met Ash!!! (L)

It was my last night in Jamaica and I was staying in Ocho Rios at the Riu hotel. It was a group of us there from all over the U.S. for a mutual friend's wedding. I didn't even know the couple at all that was getting married, I just jumped on the chance to go on trip to JA, since I've never been before. So after a couple of days of every other guy I see and meet trying to ask me "Where I was from and how they had never seen such a beautiful woman"...blah,, blah, blah...we all know how it goes...besides I was told what to expect before hand by some friends.

So you all know they have entertainment every night at the resorts? Well I enjoyed some of the stuff but the bands were not that great. This particular night it was a different band and one of the members caught my eye cause he had on this gold suit! :no::lol: So of course, I'm cracking jokes and laughing with my friends. At the end of the show, everyone said they were tired and ready to go back to the rooms to pack or just chill since we all were leaving on different flights the next day to head back to our destinations in the U.S. I was pissed :angry: My last night in JA, I want to at least go to the little club at the resort, dance a little :dance: , have some fun. So I go back to my room and change into my version of my skinny jeans which really aren't skinny :no: but they fit just right in all the places they need to!

So I come back down to the little club by myself with none of my crew...lames!!! :whistle:

Anyhoo, I'm dancing for like an hour or two and I notice that the band members are in the club. How do I know this? Because all I can see in the club is that gold suit and some teeth.... :D

All of this is fate, but I have no clue just yet... :wacko:

So it's so hot in the club, I go up to the bar to get a water. I notice one of the band members (drummer) cause he has dreads...so I say "Hi" and he says "Hi" so I get my water and go back out to the dance floor. Well about 15 minutes later, the drummer runs up to me and grabs my hand and he says, "I think you two should meet" :unsure: He has with him the guy in the gold suit (keyboard player)...so we say "Hi" and try to talk and hear each other over the loud music...after about 10 minutes I start feeling a little different about him...this is no joke...I start actually wanting to talk with him and not just be polite. So we're really smiling and I just keep thinking OMG, he is so handsome. He was skinner than I like them but he had the nicest smile and after a while I was able to ignore that gold suit :no: We ask all the usual questions, "Are you seeing anyone and all that...blah blah, blah..." He tells me he is newly single and I'm honestly single at that time as well...so we're hitting it off.

So he's being a gentleman asking me if I needed anything from the bar and we're whispering trying to talk over the music and all of a sudden the D.J. starts playing Usher's "Love in the Club"...well this is July 2008, this is a hot song in Atlanta, so I pull Den out to the dance floor, he almost spilled his beer...he was so nervous and shy. I have no clue what got into me :devil: I was thinking this is my last night in JA, I don't know any of those people in here and this mane is fine. I channel my alter ego and I am all over the dance floor. :bonk: I'm dropping it like the rent is due...all of a sudden guys dancing near us are giving Den props and fist bumps and telling Den, "Man don't like her go and stay on her"...poe thang, Den is not really an attention person so this was making him so nervous not to mention he was technically at his work place. I could have gotten him fired. :unsure:

We were just vibing to the music and it was in that instance that we realized something was very different! So the whole dance floor parted so we were the center of attention!

I loved it, Den not so much but he hung in there and made it do what it do! So we danced to like maybe two more songs but nothing like that first dance. We ended up staying and talking until the club closed. Before we left the inside of the club, he asked for my contact information, so I write down my e-mail address and he looks at me with those beautiful eyes and all dem teeth and says " Com 'on its 2008, I know you got a cell number" so I wrote down my cell...hehehe

The whole time I'm thinking "Ya right, you're going to call" and "Sure I'll see you again!" :unsure:

So we end up going outside and we talked for even more hours and it was apparent at this time, that we were onto something special. (L) So it was getting rally late and none of my friends knew where I was or did it seem that they cared cause they had not come down to look for me at all...so anyways, he got up to walk me to the elevator so I could go up to my room and he gave me the biggest hug ever...not like I'm your friend but I'm going to be your man kinda hug.... :devil:

I tossed and turned for the rest of the evening and couldn't stop thinking about him. I was so sad the next morning when it was time for my flight. He didn't call me before I left...I had my phone on while it was roaming and everything :( But he did call me two days after I got back to Atlanta and we've been on every since, not with some bumps, but I love him very much and can't wait to start our lives together!

The story for the books for our kids, "How I met your mama dropping it hot on me on the dance floor in JA!" SMH :no:

OMG! I looove your story. Here's to a wonderful life's journey!

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.