JelloShotGirl

why do Pinays

163 posts in this topic

Ibig nyang sabihin magpaka-humble na lang kasi kayo kung magaganda man tayo. Kasi syempre talagang mag re-react yung mga mapapanghing ibang mga babaeng member dito. To be honest lang ha.. Kakahiya naman kasi talaga sabihin nating filipina the best wife noh... no offense lang. Lalo na nung say nung isang member na kakasuka daw magbasa ng filipino thread.

This is really off topic, but I get whey the poster had so much delight in criticizing this thread and the answers. To tell you the truth, some answers are downright absurd. I'm Filipina - - born and bred in the Philippines and it makes me sick to my stomach to hear such seemingly brainless remarks. Nakakahiya. To think I know the culture. To think I'm familiar with our penchant for colonial mentality - - I'm still taken aback by some of the answers as to "Why Filipinos Chose White Guys or USC's". Maybe I have not had the privilege to interact with people who say, "I want to marry a foreigner to have cute babies" and "My American Husband is my knight in shining armor" - - sucks for me! :whistle: From where I come from, these statements are plain uncouth.

25 January 2010: Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, EAD and AP - sent via UPS overnight delivery to Chicago Lockbox

26 January 2010: Received by receptionist CHIBA at 8:30 AM/Received date on NOA

02 February 2010: Checked cashed/Notice date

05 February 2010: Received NOA's for I-130,I-485,I-131,I-130

13 February 2010: Received ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics.

17 February 2010: Date of RFE for Federal Tax 1040/Received Text & Email confirmation

19 February 2010: Received RFE in mail

22 February 2010: Mailed Response to RFE via USPS Express mail

24 February 2010: Package delivered and received at Lee's Summit office

26 February 2010: Biometrics DONE/RFE Received-case processing resumed

17 March 2010: Email approval notifications - EAD & AP.

22 March 2010: Received AP by mail. Received interview schedule notice for 22 April.

22 April 2010: Greencard Approved :)

Removal of Conditions

24 January 2012: Sent I-751 petition via USPS Overnight

25 January 2012: Delivered at CSC, Receipt Date NOA1

27 January 2012: Checked cashed

30 January 2012: Received NOA in mail.

06 February 2012: Received Biometrics notice (dated 03 Feb)

02 March 2012: Biometrics appointment.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayan ganyan... tagalugin nyo na lang pag sinabi nyong magaganda filipina para wala na kasi gulo lol. Hay,,,,, Life !

Ay hayaan mo sila magkagulo, pa-ulit ulit na lang ang ganitong diskusyon, parang sirang plaka na. At tsaka ako gusto ko magpraktis ng aking tagalog...nilalamat na kasi. Saka ang bilis kasi nilang inisin...kumakagat kaagad. :bonk:

~Chinook

This is really off topic, but I get whey the poster had so much delight in criticizing this thread and the answers. To tell you the truth, some answers are downright absurd. I'm Filipina - - born and bred in the Philippines and it makes me sick to my stomach to hear such seemingly brainless remarks. Nakakahiya. To think I know the culture. To think I'm familiar with our penchant for colonial mentality - - I'm still taken aback by some of the answers as to "Why Filipinos Chose White Guys or USC's". Maybe I have not had the privilege to interact with people who say, "I want to marry a foreigner to have cute babies" and "My American Husband is my knight in shining armor" - - sucks for me! :whistle: From where I come from, these statements are plain uncouth.

to skidivawannabe - For the sake of discussion:

Some filipina marries puti because they want cute babies. This is colonial mentality kicking in. Some filipina marries puti for a better life. third world vs first world. The money earned by a regular joe here in the US goes a long way if spend in the philippines. Some responses of other filipinas may seems trivial, but, that's the reality.

Having a cute baby as a reason for marrying puti could be brainless to you but could be the reality with some filipina.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

to skidivawannabe - For the sake of discussion:

Some filipina marries puti because they want cute babies. This is colonial mentality kicking in. Some filipina marries puti for a better life. third world vs first world. The money earned by a regular joe here in the US goes a long way if spend in the philippines. Some responses of other filipinas may seems trivial, but, that's the reality.

Having a cute baby as a reason for marrying puti could be brainless to you but could be the reality with some filipina.

Exactly. It is a reality. But I, a Filipina, find it absurd and brainless. What more for someone who doesn't understand our culture of colonial mentality? What more for someone who doesn't understand how life is in the Philippines. (not that it is the worst in the world) My point being, the thread starter mocking if not making fun of Filipinos (Shari??) may have been really insensitive and inconsiderate when she quoted Ms. Cute Babies and myself (I believe she quoted me), but she DOES have a point.

All nationalities have their idiosyncrasies, I am sure.

25 January 2010: Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, EAD and AP - sent via UPS overnight delivery to Chicago Lockbox

17 February 2010: Date of RFE for Federal Tax 1040/Received Text & Email confirmation

22 March 2010: Received AP by mail. Received interview schedule notice for 22 April.

Removal of Conditions

Exactly. It is a reality. But I, a Filipina, find it absurd and brainless. What more for someone who doesn't understand our culture of colonial mentality? What more for someone who doesn't understand how life is in the Philippines. (not that it is the worst in the world) My point being, the thread starter mocking if not making fun of Filipinos (Shari??) may have been really insensitive and inconsiderate when she quoted Ms. Cute Babies and myself (I believe she quoted me), but she DOES have a point.

To be more specific, each person has their own idiosyncrasies. You and I have our own idiosyncrasies... :blink:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm the Ms. Cute Babies you're referring. In case you didn't read my response to that, you should.

Honestly, whatever the reason of anyone here why they married whoever they married, it's none of anyone's business. It's not for you or for them or for me or for anyone to judge. Get real! Those reasons are not exclusive to Filipinas. Just because you think you're educated and all doesn't mean that you're better than those who married for those reasons. You might even be surprised that those women who you thought married someone for absurd and brainless reasons might even have so much better to offer in a marriage than those who claimed to be well-rounded and educated. Sometimes, you should get off of your pedestal.

Ibig nyang sabihin magpaka-humble na lang kasi kayo kung magaganda man tayo. Kasi syempre talagang mag re-react yung mga mapapanghing ibang mga babaeng member dito. To be honest lang ha.. Kakahiya naman kasi talaga sabihin nating filipina the best wife noh... no offense lang. Lalo na nung say nung isang member na kakasuka daw magbasa ng filipino thread.

Natawa naman ako sa post mo. Tinatanong ng husband ko kung ano daw ibig sabihin ng mapapanghi...LOL!!! Anyways, ang tagal ng tapos ng best wife thread na yan no! Dapat matagal na ring tapos yang issue na yan.

Yep. We should also remember that almost all VJ members here came from different all kind of diversity. This is not just only a Filipino site. So its not really surprising that some members reacted about the issue. Never heard any bad comments from work or in neighborhood about a being filipina but on this site... Maybe because they also never been heard a filipina talking about the quality of being filipina lol.

Ok thats all. Good NIght all.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

I'm the Ms. Cute Babies you're referring. In case you didn't read my response to that, you should.

Honestly, whatever the reason of anyone here why they married whoever they married, it's none of anyone's business. It's not for you or for them or for me or for anyone to judge. Get real! Those reasons are not exclusive to Filipinas. Just because you think you're educated and all doesn't mean that you're better than those who married for those reasons. You might even be surprised that those women who you thought married someone for absurd and brainless reasons might even have so much better to offer in a marriage than those who claimed to be well-rounded and educated. Sometimes, you should get off of your pedestal.

Natawa naman ako sa post mo. Tinatanong ng husband ko kung ano daw ibig sabihin ng mapapanghi...LOL!!! Anyways, ang tagal ng tapos ng best wife thread na yan no! Dapat matagal na ring tapos yang issue na yan.

I was too lazy to back read your exact nickname, my apologies for not referring to you as loveaboo.

This IS a public forum. And you posted your opinion on it and yes, expect a good number of criticisms. If you posted that in some Filipino forum, I would just probably shrug it off or simply raise my eyebrows. Everyone in that forum will more or less understand your sentiments. Everyone will pretty much be aware where you are coming from and what media has been feeding in your (our) heads. The thing is, this is a public forum with people of different nationalities who don't know a thing about our culture Yes, individuality is encouraged. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. BUT you have to be careful about making comments that can come across as racist or just politically incorrect. We're no longer at home - - we can't blurt out "hey joe" or "instik beho tulo laway" or "N" (to refer to blacks) just like that. Racial slurs are never acceptable, but you have to admit, back home, it tends to slip between cracks.

Do you think I condone that question: "Why do Pinay's marry white men?" I think personally think the question was a bit condescending, but since I can't answer that question, then I wont.

You know what, much as I think your opinion is absurd, I think it's nevertheless refreshing. And yes, I read your response to everyone's criticisms and reaction against your statement. May punto ka. Wala nang pakialam ang tao sa mga rason mo at rason mo yun. Tapos :)

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
I was too lazy to back read your exact nickname, my apologies for not referring to you as loveaboo.

This IS a public forum. And you posted your opinion on it and yes, expect a good number of criticisms. If you posted that in some Filipino forum, I would just probably shrug it off or simply raise my eyebrows. Everyone in that forum will more or less understand your sentiments. Everyone will pretty much be aware where you are coming from and what media has been feeding in your (our) heads. The thing is, this is a public forum with people of different nationalities who don't know a thing about our culture Yes, individuality is encouraged. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. BUT you have to be careful about making comments that can come across as racist or just politically incorrect. We're no longer at home - - we can't blurt out "hey joe" or "instik beho tulo laway" or "N" (to refer to blacks) just like that. Racial slurs are never acceptable, but you have to admit, back home, it tends to slip between cracks.

Do you think I condone that question: "Why do Pinay's marry white men?" I think personally think the question was a bit condescending, but since I can't answer that question, then I wont.

You know what, much as I think your opinion is absurd, I think it's nevertheless refreshing. And yes, I read your response to everyone's criticisms and reaction against your statement. May punto ka. Wala nang pakialam ang tao sa mga rason mo at rason mo yun. Tapos :)

I am aware that this is a public forum. Surely there will be criticisms. But what drives me nuts is when someone dissects post and taking it out of context. Just like when there's a list and people who claim to be very educated dissected it and just taking one or two which surely will make it sound stupid on it's own. I mean come on, surely you learned the proper way of quoting messages without removing it's complete value. I guess you've read so much of it.

I agree, the question itself is really condescending. I think that's the reason why if you'd read the start of the thread, the responses were very light, shallow and funny, to avoid potential conflict. However, it's easy to read too much into someone's post and take it too seriously. Then follows the name calling, judging, etc. Honestly, I think the participant observers enjoy it when they see conflicts arising among us since they could use that to mock us.

Edited by loveaboo

Because she loves me..... and I love her.......

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

Reposting edited posts:

Ay hayaan mo sila magkagulo, pa-ulit ulit na lang ang ganitong diskusyon, parang sirang plaka na. At tsaka ako gusto ko magpraktis ng aking tagalog...nilalamat na kasi. Saka ang bilis kasi nilang inisin...kumakagat kaagad. :bonk:

~Chinook

Ti, maayo katama ang imong Tagalog man. Ako di man kabalo katama sang Tagalog pero puede ako sa Ilongo, Cebuano ug Ilocano. Kabalo ka ang poster # 134, daw **edited** siya mo. Waay mahimo, ara siya sa VJ 24/7 kag sabad katama! :star:
Sus, Senor Pepe, mayo lang kay kabalo ka man mag-ilonggo. Damo man di ilokano sa seattle, pero dyutay lang ilonggo. Nakayuhum man ko sa imo ba! :D Paano ka nakabalo tatlo ka dialect?

Señor Pepe, kabalo man ko mag-Ilonggo (dyutay lang) so pasensya na kay ako gi-edit ang usa ka word sa imo ya nga post.

To the rest, please try not to upset or antagonize each other.

Pinay Wife

VJ Mod Team

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I understand that the cultural differences along with the language can create a lot of misunderstandings, so there's no blaming anyone.

I would say there's a lot more civil, friendly members who will read your posts and get to know you that way if you posted more outside this regional subforum. Yes, there's going to be rude people, but there are rules for this site and there are tools you can use to report when someone is violating those rules. Everyone here should feel free to express themselves. People may not agree with you and they may tell you in a blunt way, but you should never feel intimated by others here. :)

:thumbs:

for other readers: the most well liked filippinas on vj didn't stay just in the pi regional forum. other parts of the board are a bit more rough and tumble, in particular ot, but as steven said above, there is tools to report violations of the vj tos and those offenders will be dealt with.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
To the rest, please try not to upset or antagonize each other.

Pinay Wife

VJ Mod Team[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

Sorry, sometimes I really get carried away.LOL!!!

Anyways, I believe my point has been heard already. I'll rest my case. Baka maging salubong ang kilay ng baby ko...Wag naman sana!!! :crying:

Sorry, sometimes I really get carried away.LOL!!!

Anyways, I believe my point has been heard already. I'll rest my case. Baka maging salubong ang kilay ng baby ko...Wag naman sana!!! :crying:

It was actually a very interesting discussion :star:

Edited by Pinay Wife

Perhaps the OP was purely curious. She (JelloShotGirl) married a Pinoy who may just be an ideal husband and she assumes that all Filipino guys make a good partner. Now she wants to know why we Pinays have married an American when we could have settled for an admirable Pinoy the way she did.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.