ghomnet

Philippines VS USA!!!!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am married to a filipinia from davao. So i have been there a lot. We have been together for two years. Having children is important to me. i would like to start having them next year, however the question of where do i want to be is important. I know i want them to be born in USA, however raising them in Philippines may be more delightful cost wise. Having a registered nurse for a nanny at low price is interesting to me. Having maids and cooks for low price are all a tasty idea. Being able to buy beach front property at low price also makes me happy. But on the flip side of things the gay population is big there (not that i have anything against gays but i believe it is environmental not genetics so i would want to avoid the exposure influence), now after all the water sport would i get bored, if something happen to a family member in USA how would i feel traveling for 2 days to see them at $2,000 give or take for a plane ticket. What about the stares can i handle that for long time, and we can't forget those other pretty girls constantly trying to steal you away from your woman. And if you stay there is the other question of 40 to 60% rule. If you have a business you can only own 40% of it the 60% has to be owned by your wife or any filipino. Even if you trust your wife like I trust mine but as a business man you must ask what if something happens to her the property or business becomes her families. So if you spent years and years building a business it suck to lose it that way. What do you think about what i said. I could stay here but it suck when you think for $300,000 and up you can get an average house here, over there you can get a fully staffed estate that looks on to a sunset on the beach.

sent out 129f 8/10/08

received notification on aug 8/13/08

approved 12/15/09

received notice from NVC 12/19/09

still no package 1/21/09

11257.gif

Yes that is something I have pondered. We are looking at buying land and building a house. We are going to be where ever the work is and have the house there to go and visit until I can retire for good. By that time, my parents will most likely be gone and then it will be just my sister. Yes it would suck to have to fly back from there, but you still would have to fly down there if there was an immediate relative's death too. I personally want to be in warm weather...of course i am stationed in alaska now.

I know we want kids too, but we are going to wait until we can be together...where ever that is. It will be Mhay's first baby, so she will need my support and help everyday. Things are cheaper in the philippines. As far as the gay thing. I wouldnt worry about it. My wife has a gay cousin that lives next door...there are plenty of non-gay kids around...even teens and early 20s. I am betting that the gay population down there isnt very much different than in the US....it's just in the US people aren't as open about it. I do agree with you though...i do seem to see more gay people in the philippines than anywhere else.

I would say if you are in a position to move there, try it out...do it before you get too old. I am upset that im not older and I didnt get a chance to be stationed there when Clark was open. These days though, if you have a good secure job in the US, it's best to keep it because if you leave it...you may not find work again when/if you come back.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Timeline
I am married to a filipinia from davao. So i have been there a lot. We have been together for two years. Having children is important to me. i would like to start having them next year, however the question of where do i want to be is important. I know i want them to be born in USA, however raising them in Philippines may be more delightful cost wise. Having a registered nurse for a nanny at low price is interesting to me. Having maids and cooks for low price are all a tasty idea. Being able to buy beach front property at low price also makes me happy. But on the flip side of things the gay population is big there (not that i have anything against gays but i believe it is environmental not genetics so i would want to avoid the exposure influence), now after all the water sport would i get bored, if something happen to a family member in USA how would i feel traveling for 2 days to see them at $2,000 give or take for a plane ticket. What about the stares can i handle that for long time, and we can't forget those other pretty girls constantly trying to steal you away from your woman. And if you stay there is the other question of 40 to 60% rule. If you have a business you can only own 40% of it the 60% has to be owned by your wife or any filipino. Even if you trust your wife like I trust mine but as a business man you must ask what if something happens to her the property or business becomes her families. So if you spent years and years building a business it suck to lose it that way. What do you think about what i said. I could stay here but it suck when you think for $300,000 and up you can get an average house here, over there you can get a fully staffed estate that looks on to a sunset on the beach.

I think your mind is rushing things just a little bit....but that is my personal opinion....what do I really know!!!!

Enjoy life, enjoy your marriage and wait a bit longer before making big decision such as that....

Timeline
Yes that is something I have pondered. We are looking at buying land and building a house. We are going to be where ever the work is and have the house there to go and visit until I can retire for good. By that time, my parents will most likely be gone and then it will be just my sister. Yes it would suck to have to fly back from there, but you still would have to fly down there if there was an immediate relative's death too. I personally want to be in warm weather...of course i am stationed in alaska now.

I know we want kids too, but we are going to wait until we can be together...where ever that is. It will be Mhay's first baby, so she will need my support and help everyday. Things are cheaper in the philippines. As far as the gay thing. I wouldnt worry about it. My wife has a gay cousin that lives next door...there are plenty of non-gay kids around...even teens and early 20s. I am betting that the gay population down there isnt very much different than in the US....it's just in the US people aren't as open about it. I do agree with you though...i do seem to see more gay people in the philippines than anywhere else.

I would say if you are in a position to move there, try it out...do it before you get too old. I am upset that im not older and I didnt get a chance to be stationed there when Clark was open. These days though, if you have a good secure job in the US, it's best to keep it because if you leave it...you may not find work again when/if you come back.

You are right about something it would be a good idea to do it when i am young, I am 31 today it is my birthday, maybe the idea has been on my head but today it feels like time is running out. Like you, I understand getting old, how weak you get less energy, more medicine, etc etc, that is also why I don't want to have a child too old we wanted to start having children next year. In away i am looking at the future. But i am also aware that things should not be done suddenly it should take time but one should always point themselves in the direction they want to go in order to get there smoothly.

Regarding to the gay thing it might be true what you said, one thing I also notice is that the gays there tend to dress more like girls and wish they where girls. The gays here are just gay. My wife also has a gay cousin it seems impossible not to have one in a filipino family. But in USA i don't see as much here at all. Yeah you go to NY, FL, CA some of the major city in USA you will see the transgender or transvestite. But still not as much to there. I think it has to do with one thing. In the Philippines it seems to me that it is the girls held as the trophies of the country. Girls can easily leave the country through marriage, being entertainers, and girls can easily get money on line with little effort, even make money as hookers. Every thing is about the filipinia, they are pretty, good wives, loyal, ete etc etc.... I think this had an effect on the boys there that why the gays there tend to dress like girls, if you can't bet them join them. I just feel the more a child is exposed to that the more chances they have in chooses to become that way, especial when they are teenagers and vulnerable, and insecure about every. One can not deny that even in this country there has been a rise as it became more popular on TV and Hollywood. It sounds like I am against gays but I am not, people can do as they please i just don't want my children to be brain washed. I want to make sure the playing field is level so they can make there choices on there own. What that choice will be i will accept.

but any way good advice thank you

sent out 129f 8/10/08

approved 12/15/09

still no package 1/21/09

11257.gif

There are lots of gay people in the USA, I would suspect MORE than in the Philippines...your child will be exposed regardless, and what's wrong with that anyway??? :blink: How will your wife feel being away from her family and traveling for 2 days to see THEM if they're ill or if something happened to them at $2000 give or take for a plane ticket! Thirdly, are you concerned that someone is going to "steal" you away from your "woman"? Good God man...someone can only "steal" you if you're willing to be stolen! If this is something you're "worried" about, then you need to rethink your relationship. :blink:

So many of your concerns are about YOU. Maybe it's time you thought about your fiance/wife instead, and the impact of her immigrating to the US.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I think your mind is rushing things just a little bit....but that is my personal opinion....what do I really know!!!!

Enjoy life, enjoy your marriage and wait a bit longer before making big decision such as that....

Thank you for your concern, But i don't think i am rushing it, in fact this is not something i would do right away. I just want to know where i want to head this way I stay on track. THink of it like this if i know that my intention is to live in the PH, then i would not make a big purchasing such as upgrading to another home. You see that is why i am thinking about it now. Don't think if i make up my mind i will be flying tomorrow. I just need to know where i am heading, why i am heading that way, what will i find when i get there, etc etc etc...

sent out 129f 8/10/08

approved 12/15/09

still no package 1/21/09

11257.gif

Timeline

I was also a bit appalled by the comment about the pretty filipinas tempting you away from your wife. If you love her, you won't do it or even think about it. Should be a non-issue. What would your wife say if she read this?

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

There are lots of gay people in the USA, I would suspect MORE than in the Philippines...your child will be exposed regardless, and what's wrong with that anyway??? :blink: How will your wife feel being away from her family and traveling for 2 days to see THEM if they're ill or if something happened to them at $2000 give or take for a plane ticket! Thirdly, are you concerned that someone is going to "steal" you away from your "woman"? Good God man...someone can only "steal" you if you're willing to be stolen! If this is something you're "worried" about, then you need to rethink your relationship. :blink:

So many of your concerns are about YOU. Maybe it's time you thought about your fiance/wife instead, and the impact of her immigrating to the US.

If i have never been to the Philippines I would have agreed with everything you said. But I was working and going back and forth last year to the philippines. It's easy to say things when it's simply just ideas. If you go to the Philippines you might see a few things. I don't know if there are more gays here or there what i do know is when i was there, there were a large amount of boys dress in women gourmet even at church. It has become more then normal there. But i also feel this has something to do with the spot light always being on the women of the country and it might be more a psychological deep sense of needing attention from the boys. I know any child will sooner or later be exposed to it but i would rather my children understand it first before falling into peer pressure.

Regarding to my wife being here, well she is already here in the USA for almost a year now she has told me that she will be happy where ever we are. Her being around here family is another reason why I thought of living there or keeping a home there.

Am I concern someone will steal me, hahahha i know it sound conceded, but if you every been to the philippines getting hit on has a new level there. In america you can get hit on but not everywhere you go. In the philippines many girls will see you as a way out of there poor, trouble lives. So they push some are just curious. But you will feel it when it is intense, stares, smile, asking you if your married, do you have a girlfriend, text mate, even if you say yes it will not stop being a mistress is better then nothing. It is so much to the point that if i live there it would not be in the city. This also makes my wife feel uncomfortable cause she notices it if not more then me. But the real question is can they take me away, i would say no to that but at the same time I also know that it is better to avoid situations where cheating is possible. But I love my wife very much.

sent out 129f 8/10/08

approved 12/15/09

still no package 1/21/09

11257.gif

Timeline

Liberals always think they should tell everyone what they can and can't do on their own property.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline
I was also a bit appalled by the comment about the pretty filipinas tempting you away from your wife. If you love her, you won't do it or even think about it. Should be a non-issue. What would your wife say if she read this?

I never said i would be tempted but it gets annoying and sometime even rude, my wife notice it more then me. It makes her uncomfortable and me. I also learn in life that it better to keep your self away from temptation no matter how strong your loves is. I was not saying it to offend you i was stating it because that had been my experience when I was there. I spent a total of six months there last year. I can tell you countless times a girl said something or did something even in front of my wife that i thought was very aggressive. I don't keep secret from my wife at all!

Liberals always think they should tell everyone what they can and can't do on their own property.

can you please explain?

sent out 129f 8/10/08

approved 12/15/09

still no package 1/21/09

11257.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

can you please explain?

No need to explain. He's trying to inject politics into a discussion that doesn't currently involve politics at all. I'd just ignore comments like this.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

it would be nice to be closer to her family since they are close to each other. The only drawback is always having her family asking for help...especially if they live in the same area. As far as all the girls being nice to you...they are nice to pretty much any american man. You could be old and fat and they dont seem to care. I remember going around the mall with my wife and all them would say "hello". It is just filipino culture to be friendly though.

They all think americans are rich... We are by their standards. One thing to think about though, if you do buy down there you will probably want a home in a gated community. that way there is security there and you have to approve anyone to visit you. Evidently if you buy this way you can legally own it...at least that is what the realestate people have been telling my wife.

You would have to have a pretty good savings or some sort of job there to get started. Most houses that we have been looking at are between 2 and 3 million pesos with land. I told my wife that i dont like the small lots and some of the house designs arent good...at least by american standards. I am getting ready to turn 33 in a couple of months. I do own a home right now in alaska. We will only be there temporarily until i change my station....we will probably go to korea for my last few years in the military....only 6 more. I am planning on having a house and land paid for by the time i retire.

I do agree with you to a certian point on the gays there...yes the females are held high there...but there is a good girl to guy ratio in the philippines. I dont think there is more gay population there .... it just seems to be more accepted. They can be more open with it there. I think kids prosper more if they arent shielded from the world. That is what is wrong with the US.. Most stuff accepted in other countries is taboo in the US. Being in the military i have got to experience other cultures..I really am fortunate to have seen that. Shoot if it wasnt for the military i would have never met my wife.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

Joe take your political BS somewhere else... it has zero to do with this topic.

As for the OP I am also married to a Filipino from Davao & have also seriously considered moving to the Philippines when I retire from the military (can live like a king on a military retirement & more importantly I really like the Philippines). One thing to consider is what your wife thinks... mine has fallen in love with living in the US so she might want to stay here after I retire (which of course may change our plans).

Finally as for your comments about gays & pretty women they should both be non issues. Not to start an :ot: debate but sexual orientation has more to do with genetics than anything else (and if your son or daughter chooses to be gay they are still your son/daughter). As for pretty women I enjoy looking at them as much as the next guy, but touching is reserved for my wife (who is pretty damn hot btw).

When all is said & done make a decision (with your wife) that is best for you.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Timeline
it would be nice to be closer to her family since they are close to each other. The only drawback is always having her family asking for help...especially if they live in the same area. As far as all the girls being nice to you...they are nice to pretty much any american man. You could be old and fat and they dont seem to care. I remember going around the mall with my wife and all them would say "hello". It is just filipino culture to be friendly though.

They all think americans are rich... We are by their standards. One thing to think about though, if you do buy down there you will probably want a home in a gated community. that way there is security there and you have to approve anyone to visit you. Evidently if you buy this way you can legally own it...at least that is what the realestate people have been telling my wife.

You would have to have a pretty good savings or some sort of job there to get started. Most houses that we have been looking at are between 2 and 3 million pesos with land. I told my wife that i dont like the small lots and some of the house designs arent good...at least by american standards. I am getting ready to turn 33 in a couple of months. I do own a home right now in alaska. We will only be there temporarily until i change my station....we will probably go to korea for my last few years in the military....only 6 more. I am planning on having a house and land paid for by the time i retire.

I do agree with you to a certian point on the gays there...yes the females are held high there...but there is a good girl to guy ratio in the philippines. I dont think there is more gay population there .... it just seems to be more accepted. They can be more open with it there. I think kids prosper more if they arent shielded from the world. That is what is wrong with the US.. Most stuff accepted in other countries is taboo in the US. Being in the military i have got to experience other cultures..I really am fortunate to have seen that. Shoot if it wasnt for the military i would have never met my wife.

You said a very important thing there, gated community. The location i wanted to live at is Samal island next to davao, Safety is an issue that does come up in my head to. Davao is very safe but Samal island i am still not sure. The thing i did not like about gated community is it takes away one of the perks i want, the beaches and sea, sunset. Most of the communities seem like us.

sent out 129f 8/10/08

approved 12/15/09

still no package 1/21/09

11257.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.