TerriandEric

December 2009 Filers - CSC!

648 posts in this topic

Yay, one less stress for me. My UK police report arrived today. Now I just have to hope that the NZ one arrives before the date that they allocate me for an interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well for what it's worth, I contacted one of my US Senators (actually an aide), told him my sad tale and that my Congressman had already tried to get some info. on my K-1 status with no success. He was sympathetic and said they may have a different contact than did the Congressman. He didn't know for sure but would forward my request to the Senator's main office that deals with these issues.

Fingers crossed. I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

~Casper

Well for what it's worth, I contacted one of my US Senators (actually an aide), told him my sad tale and that my Congressman had already tried to get some info. on my K-1 status with no success. He was sympathetic and said they may have a different contact than did the Congressman. He didn't know for sure but would forward my request to the Senator's main office that deals with these issues.

~Casper

Good luck Casper!

You guys definitely deserve to hear that good news soon.

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks MeggyMo! At least now I see that my VJ status has been upgraded from "Newbie" to "Junior Member!" :)

Getting there, getting there :)

One thing I forgot to include in that PM to you :

- updated letters of "intent to marry"

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Noted. Spasibo, Sasha.

Pozhalujsta :)

Let me know if you have questions (send a PM not to flood the thread with consulate specific questions).

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

~Casper

So my congressional aide called a special number at USCIS and spoke with a "congressional liaison" who was able to confirm my petition was in the system. No "red flags" just waiting to be processed, very soon was the thought.

Of course it is within the 5 month processing time so no additional action is warranted at this time.

After 5 months has passed the congressman's district office is willing to send a "congressional inquiry" letter to USCIS informing them I have signed a "privacy act release" form and requesting them to pull and review my I129F petition and to begin processing it.

Anyway she is going to call again in a week, and when it is approved track it with me thru NVC and to the Vancouver consulate.

No real insight on how or why other petitions are approved in the order that they are.

So it's hurry up and wait! :dance:

"I grew up in a house with six brothers. That's how I learned how to dance-waiting for the bathroom" :rofl:

12-14-2009 I-129F Petition sent

12-21-2009 Petition received CSC

12-24-2009 NOA1

12-28-2009 "touched"

12-30-2009 Check cashed

04-20-2010 NOA2 approved!

04-24-2010 NOA2 received hard copy

04-26-2010 NVC received petition

04-28-2010 NVC sent case to Montreal consulate?

05-07-2010 Montreal transferred case to Vancouver consulate!

05-18-2010 Vancouver received case and sent out Packet 3

05-21-2010 Received Packet 3 letter from Vancouver consulate

05-25-2010 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver consulate

05-31-2010 Received Packet 4 Vancouver consulate interview letter

06-09-2010 Medical exam appointment

06-23-2010 Vancouver consulate interview

08-24-2010 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP

08-31-2010 NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

09-30-2010 Appointment for Biometrics

12-06-2010 AOS Appointment in Sacramento

12-10-2010 AOS Approved!

12-20-2010 Recieved Green Card

Timeline

May your paths be smoother than mine! Yesterday I got "touched" or was it slapped? The dreaded RFE is supposedly on its way. Oh great! Of course now I am wracking my brain at what I could have possibly gotten wrong on the blessed I-129f?! I went over it a dozen times. I called the USCIS (hm, ever notice that if you change the "C" to an "L" you could pronounce it as "USELESS!"). I spoke to the first person, no info., asked for a supervisor, no info., was transfered to some other undefined office who was able (it's a miracle!) to actually find my case.

Alas, she was only able to determine that "something was missing" but as she read off the list of required documents I had included them all at which point she said she was puzzled but could do no more until the letter came to me. And that's the best part! Of couse CSC sent a nice long e-mail to me expalining that there IS a problem but not WHAT the problems is. When I asked if I could get an e-mail that INCLUDED the problem to save a week of mail time I was told, "no, that's not our SOP." Ya, gotta love the government.

So, now I wait (again, or still?) for the snail mail. I figure this will add at least two weeks to the time when we finally have the visa in hand, er, passport. Needless to say, the skype conversation last night was not as joyful as it usually is. But, I gotta say my Diana is strong, supportive, and patient. I guess that's why I love her! :D

~Casper

I would 'think' that if there would be an RFE, they would send it sooner (after reading peoples timelines)

May your paths be smoother than mine! Yesterday I got "touched" or was it slapped? The dreaded RFE is supposedly on its way. Oh great! Of course now I am wracking my brain at what I could have possibly gotten wrong on the blessed I-129f?! I went over it a dozen times. I called the USCIS (hm, ever notice that if you change the "C" to an "L" you could pronounce it as "USELESS!"). I spoke to the first person, no info., asked for a supervisor, no info., was transfered to some other undefined office who was able (it's a miracle!) to actually find my case.

Alas, she was only able to determine that "something was missing" but as she read off the list of required documents I had included them all at which point she said she was puzzled but could do no more until the letter came to me. And that's the best part! Of couse CSC sent a nice long e-mail to me expalining that there IS a problem but not WHAT the problems is. When I asked if I could get an e-mail that INCLUDED the problem to save a week of mail time I was told, "no, that's not our SOP." Ya, gotta love the government.

So, now I wait (again, or still?) for the snail mail. I figure this will add at least two weeks to the time when we finally have the visa in hand, er, passport. Needless to say, the skype conversation last night was not as joyful as it usually is. But, I gotta say my Diana is strong, supportive, and patient. I guess that's why I love her! :D

~Casper

Timeline

~Casper

Sorry to hear about the RFE Casper. At least you are underway! To save time maybe you can "overnight" the reply when you find out what they need.

It is funny changing the C to an L!

I lived in LA for a while, and it seemed in the workplace people always went twice as fast and got 1/2 as much done!

This visa trip is quite a ride, got my seat belt fastened... but not too tight.

In the end true love always wins!

Bri

12-24-2009 NOA1

12-28-2009 "touched"

12-30-2009 Check cashed

12-10-2010 AOS Approved!

Timeline

Sorry to hear about the RFE Casper. At least you are underway! To save time maybe you can "overnight" the reply when you find out what they need.

It is funny changing the C to an L!

I lived in LA for a while, and it seemed in the workplace people always went twice as fast and got 1/2 as much done!

This visa trip is quite a ride, got my seat belt fastened... but not too tight.

In the end true love always wins!

Bri

Thanks, Bri, you're right of course. Even last night I was thinking that I have already won. I found the woman the stuff of which dreams are made. Now it's just the annoying bits. As to overnighting the reply, you can bet that as soon as I get the RFE I'm going to staple the FedEx driver to my wall until I have a reply ready for him to put on the first jet to LA!

And Ajoman84, I agree. Why would it take 3 1/2 months to tell me there is an issue when other applications had been completely processed in 1/3 the time? We will probably never know.

~Casper

~Casper

I am so sorry Casper -- we can pray that the mail will move a little quicker so you can get the RFE sorted out even faster. It puzzles me that they take so long with these petitions -- especially when others are being approved inside of a month TOTAL MADNESS!

We have our interview in 2 days -- our flights are booked..so Australia Post willing we fly out in 6 days. I am still trying to sort what is important enough to take up precious space & weight in my luggage lol.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

I am so sorry Casper -- we can pray that the mail will move a little quicker so you can get the RFE sorted out even faster. It puzzles me that they take so long with these petitions -- especially when others are being approved inside of a month TOTAL MADNESS!

We have our interview in 2 days -- our flights are booked..so Australia Post willing we fly out in 6 days. I am still trying to sort what is important enough to take up precious space & weight in my luggage lol.

Congrats to you guys!

How sweet it is!

12-24-2009 NOA1

12-28-2009 "touched"

12-30-2009 Check cashed

12-10-2010 AOS Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.