Cyn~n~Ken

Requirements for changing planes

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I didn`t know exactly where to post this. I`m new here trying to find some info concerning my fiancee changing planes on her way here to USA. She`s from the Phils, if she changes planes in Tokyo or Hong Kong will she need a visa for there or will a passport be ok? Any pinay`s changed planes at either place coming here lately? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no other requirement but her passport with visa.

Hi, I didn`t know exactly where to post this. I`m new here trying to find some info concerning my fiancee changing planes on her way here to USA. She`s from the Phils, if she changes planes in Tokyo or Hong Kong will she need a visa for there or will a passport be ok? Any pinay`s changed planes at either place coming here lately? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All commercial flight coming here in the US from the Philippines has to transfer in 1 one country or more. No need for visa (in that country) as long as her plane ticket covers it.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks guys, I`ve tried calling embassy`s and looking everywhere I can think of on the net trying to find out. Just don`t want her having any problems when/if she does get her visa to come here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
All commercial flight coming here in the US from the Philippines has to transfer in 1 one country or more. No need for visa (in that country) as long as her plane ticket covers it.

Not true. You can get direct flights any or every day

xl91yv7f.png

Oh yeah sorry, forgot about PAL and maybe other airlines too.

Not true. You can get direct flights any or every day

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Welcome to VJ. There is no need for a Tokyo/Japan visa when transferring planes in an airport. Even if you are staying on the same plane they will shuttle you through security and back to the terminal while the plane is cleaned.

If your fiancee is transfering planes at Narita in Tokyo there is a chance she may need to take a bus between terminal 1 and terminal 2.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

I'm not familiar with Japan, but for Hong Kong, Phils residents don't need a visa for stays of up to 14 days. American citizens can stay up to 90 days without a visa.

-----------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

2012-10-31 - Sent N-400

2012-11-02 - NOA1

2012-12-03 - Biometrics

2013-??-?? - Interview

2013-??-?? - Oath

ROC Timeline

2011-11-1 - Sent I-751

2011-11-3 - NOA1

2011-11-25 - Biometrics taken

2012-07-25 (?) - RFE

2012-10-01 - RFE reply received by VSC

2012-10-16 - Approved!

2012-10-18 - GC mailed

2012-10-22 - GC received

Don't forget to tell her that her checked baggage most likely won't be checked through all the way but at each POE she will have to pick up her bag by hand, sign it through customs and carry to her next connecting flight.

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

if im were use pal non-stop coz its really hard if u have connection flight specially in japan coz its reallly hard to understand their language ( no offend to japanese i lost in ur huge airport) .i mean if her first time dont use connection flight .

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Timeline

if im were use pal non-stop coz its really hard if u have connection flight specially in japan coz its reallly hard to understand their language ( no offend to japanese i lost in ur huge airport because when i asked them they answred me i dont speaks english im sorry just go streight and dont turn -.-) .i mean if her first time dont use connection flight . but if u got already ticket to tokyo tell ur wife she will be land in terminal 1 dont take a shuttle anymore just look for sign of train its on groundfloor and took the train for international flight .. dont use the number sign there she might be lost..

USAR

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest you call the airlines help desk, get a human, inquire. Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

yah human inquire -.-

USAR

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.