Cali_Derry09

Help need K-1 I129F INFO

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We filed in June with CSC and the I-129f was received June 24, 2009... Apparently it is still under initial review??? WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG? WHAT IS GOING ON? When I called the USCIS they said it was received June 24 and is still processing... I called on November 25th which was when it fell outside of the 5- month processing time estimation and they said that the CSC was still processing cases received June 16th so they were behind but I am looking at everything on this site now... wishing I hadn't gotten a lawyer and realizing that something just isnt right?

Any Advice? COmments Questions

Natalie & Gavin

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
We filed in June with CSC and the I-129f was received June 24, 2009... Apparently it is still under initial review??? WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG? WHAT IS GOING ON? When I called the USCIS they said it was received June 24 and is still processing... I called on November 25th which was when it fell outside of the 5- month processing time estimation and they said that the CSC was still processing cases received June 16th so they were behind but I am looking at everything on this site now... wishing I hadn't gotten a lawyer and realizing that something just isnt right?

In this process patience is everything. It is quite possible that they are still reviewing it. At the time we went through K1 process, there were people who filed 2-3 months behind us that got their NOA2 about the same time as us. There is no rhyme or reason. Have you signed up with the USCIS website to get updates on your case via email? You can sometimes see when it has been 'touched', which is sometimes reassuring that is at least not hiding at the bottom of the stack. I hope you get your NOA2 soon.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi,

I Am a little concerned about my own K1 visa situation as i am also using a lawyer :bonk: so far the lawyer we are using has been really good...... Oh well lets hope for the best

According to my knowledge, the processing of the visa timeline changes periodically during the year meaning that processing times may vary at each service centre. The best thing to do is to sign up to the USCIS website and recieve information when they are dealing with your case. This is probably a good idea from an anxiety point of view.

Good luck and i'm sure it will be processed soon :)

Regards

Mark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

contact congressman, tell him/her your situation and ask for his help or the person-in-charge's help to send in service request. That's how most of the people speed up the process. I waited for quite a while ( even tho shorter time compare to yours) and had the person from congressman office to check for us. After that, we receive the approval.

So, keep trying. Lawyer doesnt help at all, unless you get a really good one, else they are more likely to delay the process, i am speakign from experience.

good luck.

Filed: Other Timeline

Your member name and your country flag caught my eye. I also notice you just joined the forums.

My husband is also from "Stroke City".

I just wanted to mention that your fiance/fiancee will attend their visa interview in London. Many from border areas of the north mistakenly believe they can interview in Dublin.

I just wanted to bring this up as interview time will be here soon, and because you are 'new'. My apologies for intruding if you were already aware.

Timeline

In this process patience is everything. It is quite possible that they are still reviewing it. At the time we went through K1 process, there were people who filed 2-3 months behind us that got their NOA2 about the same time as us. There is no rhyme or reason. Have you signed up with the USCIS website to get updates on your case via email? You can sometimes see when it has been 'touched', which is sometimes reassuring that is at least not hiding at the bottom of the stack. I hope you get your NOA2 soon.

Yes I did sign up for notifications and that was a couple months ago and so far nothing... no touches...nothing...ty for the response

Your member name and your country flag caught my eye. I also notice you just joined the forums.

I just wanted to mention that your fiance/fiancee will attend their visa interview in London. Many from border areas of the north mistakenly believe they can interview in Dublin.

I just wanted to bring this up as interview time will be here soon, and because you are 'new'. My apologies for intruding if you were already aware.

Yes I do know that Northern Ireland is still in the UK however we were told his interview would most likely be conducted in Belfast at that consulate? any word on that? ty for the response

Natalie & Gavin

Timeline

contact congressman, tell him/her your situation and ask for his help or the person-in-charge's help to send in service request. That's how most of the people speed up the process. I waited for quite a while ( even tho shorter time compare to yours) and had the person from congressman office to check for us. After that, we receive the approval.

So, keep trying. Lawyer doesnt help at all, unless you get a really good one, else they are more likely to delay the process, i am speakign from experience.

good luck.

I contacted the congressman and they said all they could do was check the status this was in sept and nothing so far... no push, no progress

nothing...

Natalie & Gavin

Yes I do know that Northern Ireland is still in the UK however we were told his interview would most likely be conducted in Belfast at that consulate? any word on that? ty for the response

No, it'll be London.

No, the interview will be in London. Who told you Belfast?

A lot of peeps from the North think the same.

Wes did receive a J1 visa from the consulate in Belfast in 1990. I don't know whether they do any visa processing at that consulate any longer. They're probably just there to receive the Clintons.......... :lol:

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

That does seem a little odd, I filed on september 1st and received my NOA2 on november 25th. Filed with CSC. If something was missing, they would have sent you an RFE...I'm sure everything is fine though and you just need to be patient(which is hard, I know).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.