bradcanuck

Which address to use for job applications?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am residing in California, but we are moving to Victoria, BC if I can get a job offer from a local police department. On the application and resume I need to list an address. Should I list my Canadian mailing address, or my current address? I am thinking my current address - because then I can just attach my birth cert and SIN card photocopy if there are questions of citizenship.

What does VJ think?

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Personally I would use the California address and explain in the cover letter, if possible, that you are relocating (if you are using an online application and no cover letter is required, I would put a footnote on the resume)

That way they know what your situation is - that you would need notice to travel for an interview etc etc

Good luck!!

Filed: Timeline

I would note that you are relocating in the covering letter and let them know which address you can be contacted at in the meantime. And then choose whichever address is most convenient to you.

Wow, Brad. You're moving back! Congratulations!!!

Haha. I see Trailmix and I posted at the same time. lol. Excellent point about the travel time notice. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Exactly what I was thinking... thanks! Great minds think alike.

Then again, fools seldom differ. (as my dad would say) ;)

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.