rebeccajo

Moderator Inconsistency and Duplicity

100 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Oh well maybe everybody is so flippin' satisfied because they don't realize they are being talked about behind their backs?

On a forum where we've all chatted and battled each other for years, how likely is it that any of us aren't being talked about behind our backs?

:unsure:

Filed: Timeline
If you disagree factually you could have done so without breaking the TOS and could have been more diplomatic.

When people in positions of authority, people who hold power over you, are seen as condescending and patronizing (which your mods frequently are), an emotional reaction should be expected. Real world 101.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

I have nothing to work out with Pushbrk. He's a flaming a$$hole and I don't 'work' with people like that. He spams this website and you tolerate it - you know what I am talking about here.

Let me explain something to you. In the thread we are talking about here, Pushbrk not only tells me that I don't know what I'm talking about, he tells another member named Adam. Adam gives anecdotal evidence contrary to what Push wants people to believe. What does Push do? Discounts it. Then when it comes to the next part of the thread (wherein I begin to interact with him) he ends up telling me we should go with anecdotal evidence.

Do you not see the problem here?

I am addressing the TOS issues right now. If you disagree factually you could have done so without breaking the TOS and could have been more diplomatic. Amazingly like you said, facts and a steady hand will win out. People do not respond well to members that flame or get emotionally upset. I know you are a respectful and smart person and I think that your point would have come across better if you had played that card versus getting in a spitting match with pushbrk. The only thing that results when that happens is to have derailed the topic.

Oh well! Too bad!

Oh well maybe everybody is so flippin' satisfied because they don't realize they are being talked about behind their backs?

On a forum where we've all chatted and battled each other for years, how likely is it that any of us aren't being talked about behind our backs?

:unsure:

Hey, it happens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
I have given you two weeks since the incident to take care of the problem.

I do not agree that this is a good example of "the problem". There may be mod errors but this is not a strong case if any. Additionally the plague of alleged bad moderation does not sync with the roughly 95% of people on the survey of over 1500 members that do not see this. I do think there may be bad decisions and I am willing to address them -- but this simply again is not a good example or valid of a " last stunt" or other horrid action per my interpretation. Maybe I did not read this right? If I did not I welcome being corrected.

Kathryn's 'apology' to me was too late. The cat was out of the bag and she had already inadvertently told me how she felt about me. Again - I don't deal with phonies.

RJ, honestly the way you are talking right now can upset some people. I have very thick skin. Some people get more upset when berated or attacked. A mod was upset at how you talked to them and was venting. That is human. Everyone does it. If you would like to lie to me and say you have never vented about anything then you are welcome to. I vent myself at work, but I do not allow it to affect my decisions to the best of my ability. I may say my job sucks but then I turn around and work hard to do my best job. I know you have it out for many of the mods. I can not change that. You win -- I will moderate you. I have very thick skin.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Ewok, I feel for you for having to do this over a long weekend. Your life sucks.

:(

Don't be sad. We still love you. Well except RJ. And I don't love you either, I just like you. Loving you would be gay.

I do not agree that this is a good example of "the problem". There may be mod errors but this is not a strong case if any. Additionally the plague of alleged bad moderation does not sync with the roughly 95% of people on the survey of over 1500 members that do not see this. I do think there may be bad decisions and I am willing to address them -- but this simply again is not a good example or valid of a " last stunt" or other horrid action per my interpretation. Maybe I did not read this right? If I did not I welcome being corrected.

Kathryn's 'apology' to me was too late. The cat was out of the bag and she had already inadvertently told me how she felt about me. Again - I don't deal with phonies.

RJ, honestly the way you are talking right now can upset some people. I have very thick skin. Some people get more upset when berated or attacked. A mod was upset at how you talked to them and was venting. That is human. Everyone does it. If you would like to lie to me and say you have never vented about anything then you are welcome to. I vent myself at work, but I do not allow it to affect my decisions to the best of my ability. I may say my job sucks but then I turn around and work hard to do my best job. I know you have it out for many of the mods. I can not change that. You win -- I will moderate you. I have very thick skin.

I've been chatting on the internet for years. One of the great things about it is the backspace button. It's just about 3 seconds short of real life. In real life you get to open your mouth and mess up. On the web, you have a chance to read what you write - backspace - or not send at all.

Kathryn typed what she had to say and then she sent it. Common sense tells me that she meant it. I don't know any other way to cut reality, you know?

Timeline
If you disagree factually you could have done so without breaking the TOS and could have been more diplomatic.

When people in positions of authority, people who hold power over you, are seen as condescending and patronizing (which your mods frequently are), an emotional reaction should be expected. Real world 101.

Yes. In this case, RJ is talking about a different mod that vented about her than the mod that actually mod'd this topic. Not sure how much water this arguement holds. I told that prior mod to NOT interact with RJ and differ all moderation to others. The new mod on this topic was / is now being attacked. They were told to "f" off.

I have nothing to work out with Pushbrk. He's a flaming a$$hole and I don't 'work' with people like that. He spams this website and you tolerate it - you know what I am talking about here.

Let me explain something to you. In the thread we are talking about here, Pushbrk not only tells me that I don't know what I'm talking about, he tells another member named Adam. Adam gives anecdotal evidence contrary to what Push wants people to believe. What does Push do? Discounts it. Then when it comes to the next part of the thread (wherein I begin to interact with him) he ends up telling me we should go with anecdotal evidence.

I am addressing the TOS issues right now. If you disagree factually you could have done so without breaking the TOS and could have been more diplomatic. Amazingly like you said, facts and a steady hand will win out. People do not respond well to members that flame or get emotionally upset. I know you are a respectful and smart person and I think that your point would have come across better if you had played that card versus getting in a spitting match with pushbrk. The only thing that results when that happens is to have derailed the topic.

Oh well! Too bad!

So you are saying to me that you would be happy to see a topic derailed over personal disputes than to diplomatically work out things?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

ps. I'm no fan of some of the moderators. In fact I more or less wish nothing but the worst for them. But still... making Ewok read through a threadful of that over a long weekend is just wrong. Oh so wrong.

AJ,

I realize that you don't like me as a Mod, but in the spirit of the website, why not offer some positive critiques? The negativity that you foist is not useful....to anyone... My purpose here is to advance the useful immigration aspects of this website.

AJ,

I realize that you don't like me as a Mod, but in the spirit of the website, why not offer some positive critiques?

In the spirit of the website, I did :lol: You should make like a mod and read everything before you go modding.

Timeline

I've been chatting on the internet for years. One of the great things about it is the backspace button. It's just about 3 seconds short of real life. In real life you get to open your mouth and mess up. On the web, you have a chance to read what you write - backspace - or not send at all.

Kathryn typed what she had to say and then she sent it. Common sense tells me that she meant it. I don't know any other way to cut reality, you know?

Fictitious example, the other day my boss was a jerk in an email. I fw'd it to my friend and said my boss is a jerk and forgot to remove their name on the email. oops. bottom line it is embarrassing and causes bad feelings. Regardless had the boss not been accidentally copied on the email then my friend and I would have gotten a laugh, gotten it off our chest and gone back to doing our jobs. You don;t have to like someone to do your job.

Yes. In this case, RJ is talking about a different mod that vented about her than the mod that actually mod'd this topic. Not sure how much water this arguement holds. I told that prior mod to NOT interact with RJ and differ all moderation to others. The new mod on this topic was / is now being attacked. They were told to "f" off.

Oh well! Too bad!

So you are saying to me that you would be happy to see a topic derailed over personal disputes than to diplomatically work out things?

:lol:

There's no way to diplomatically 'work things out'! If I get within ten feet of him somebody is on it. I've seen several threads in the last couple of weeks where he continues to run roughshod over people and everybody around here just tolerates it. You've got a couple of other 'notorious' individuals doing the same things. Don't dare question what they know!

This entire thing has gotten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of hand. You've got a couple of bullies running around the forums challenging the general membership but heaven forbid anyone call them out on it.

Timeline
AJ,

I realize that you don't like me as a Mod, but in the spirit of the website, why not offer some positive critiques?

In the spirit of the website, I did :lol: You should make like a mod and read everything before you go modding.

*I mute you both* on this "branch" for the sake of addressing RJ. :P Seriously though lets keep RJs issue front and center and allow her to post her feelings and comments. I am giving her my entire portion of the day -- and I hope that it is a good use of my time.

Fictitious example, the other day my boss was a jerk in an email. I fw'd it to my friend and said my boss is a jerk and forgot to remove their name on the email. oops. bottom line it is embarrassing and causes bad feelings. Regardless had the boss not been accidentally copied on the email then my friend and I would have gotten a laugh, gotten it off our chest and gone back to doing our jobs. You don;t have to like someone to do your job.

RJ, I believe the Cap has a valid point here. Yes, people mean what they type but they do sometimes send it to the wrong person. I can mean something but I can mean to only say it to you and not to, say, William. If I accidentally send it to him instead then yes, while I meant what I said, I didn't mean for him to read it.

*I mute you both* on this "branch" for the sake of addressing RJ. :P

Duly muted.

Timeline

Oh well! Too bad!

:lol:

There's no way to diplomatically 'work things out'! If I get within ten feet of him somebody is on it. I've seen several threads in the last couple of weeks where he continues to run roughshod over people and everybody around here just tolerates it. You've got a couple of other 'notorious' individuals doing the same things. Don't dare question what they know!

This entire thing has gotten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of hand. You've got a couple of bullies running around the forums challenging the general membership but heaven forbid anyone call them out on it.

Lets assume for a second that you are totally right. Being a bully back, rude, condescending, etc is not the way to make your point.