Sherri and Matt

Another Brit food question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am trying to order some of Matt's favorite things for Christmas, and I need help. I know where and how to get Brit foods, I just don't know the name of something and am hoping someone here knows it. I need to find his favorite cereal which is like little pillows with chocolate in the center. If I ask him, he might figure out what I am doing. One time one of the kids was eating Captain Crunch and he said it was kind of like that but with chocolate, almost like Nutella.

He has settled in well, but I know it's hard for him at times, even if he hates to admit it and never complains, so I just wanted to give him something he misses. The biggest thing he misses is Branston Pickle and I found that no problem, and of course real Cadbury's. :yes:

Thanx in advance for your help!

Spring 2006 ~ Met in World of Warcraft

5/07~ Fell in Love

5/29/07 ~ Officially a couple

9/15//07-09/22/07 ~ His first visit

12/29/07 - 1/12/08 ~ His second visit

4/25/08 - 5/5/08 ~ His third visit

5/4/08 ~ Engaged !

8/30/08 ~ 9/6/08 ~ His fourth visit

12/23/08 ~ 01/17/09 ~ His fifth visit

01/06/09 ~ K-1 finally filed!!!!

01/12/09 ~ NOA1

04/10/09 ~ 5 days in London, then 10 days with the in-laws to be in France!

04/25/09 ~ Back home...waiting...

05/28/09 ~ NOA2

08/04/09 ~ Medical

08/11/09 ~ Interview!! ~ APPROVED!!

08/23/09 ~ POE Phillie

10/10/09 ~ Wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi everyone! I am trying to order some of Matt's favorite things for Christmas, and I need help. I know where and how to get Brit foods, I just don't know the name of something and am hoping someone here knows it. I need to find his favorite cereal which is like little pillows with chocolate in the center. If I ask him, he might figure out what I am doing. One time one of the kids was eating Captain Crunch and he said it was kind of like that but with chocolate, almost like Nutella.

He has settled in well, but I know it's hard for him at times, even if he hates to admit it and never complains, so I just wanted to give him something he misses. The biggest thing he misses is Branston Pickle and I found that no problem, and of course real Cadbury's. :yes:

Well sometimes the store Cost Plus World Market has some English stuff at gastly prices however. Why dont you sweet talk one of his relatives in sending a "care package" over to you...send them some money and have them do the shopping for you!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Well sometimes the store Cost Plus World Market has some English stuff at gastly prices however. Why dont you sweet talk one of his relatives in sending a "care package" over to you...send them some money and have them do the shopping for you!

That's a good idea, but his only family is his parents and they live in France now and can't get a lot of English things. His mum can't remember the name of the cereal either.

Spring 2006 ~ Met in World of Warcraft

5/07~ Fell in Love

5/29/07 ~ Officially a couple

9/15//07-09/22/07 ~ His first visit

12/29/07 - 1/12/08 ~ His second visit

4/25/08 - 5/5/08 ~ His third visit

5/4/08 ~ Engaged !

8/30/08 ~ 9/6/08 ~ His fourth visit

12/23/08 ~ 01/17/09 ~ His fifth visit

01/06/09 ~ K-1 finally filed!!!!

01/12/09 ~ NOA1

04/10/09 ~ 5 days in London, then 10 days with the in-laws to be in France!

04/25/09 ~ Back home...waiting...

05/28/09 ~ NOA2

08/04/09 ~ Medical

08/11/09 ~ Interview!! ~ APPROVED!!

08/23/09 ~ POE Phillie

10/10/09 ~ Wedding!

i love that he described them as little pillows!! haha... umm but i honestly cant think what he would be talking about?i cant think of any cereal over here that is like pillows with chocolate in the centre?? is it all chocolate, or just the centre bit (with a different outer flavour)?? haha... im searching my brain trying to think what it could be :)

Did you try British Delights? They have a shop in mass but I think you can get a load of stuff on their website. It isn't exactly cheap though, but they have loads of home comforts. http://www.britishdelights.com/ they are in Westford MA, and we've been a few times (as we're only in NH)

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

are they a Nesquik one?

Our journey:

it actually sounds like a kinder bueno, but that isn't a cereal

Our journey:

Did you try British Delights? They have a shop in mass but I think you can get a load of stuff on their website. It isn't exactly cheap though, but they have loads of home comforts. http://www.britishdelights.com/ they are in Westford MA, and we've been a few times (as we're only in NH)

Westford is a hike for us and we are in MA. I found a shop called The Union Jack on route 1 in Peabody, MA. Depending where you are in NH it might be closer or you.

http://www.englishteastore.com/british-sto...CFaM45QodS23upA

This one has cereals and sweets and treats as well as teas etc.

I'd love to find mini wheatabix here. I loved the ones with raisins and nuts.

Edited by david'sgirl

Awesome, thanks for that! There is alsooooooo http://www.britishaisles.com/ which we haven't been to yet, but its close for us too. Sorry to thread jack!

Our journey:

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Sorry, just had to share this lame joke:

A man starts his new job at the zoo and is given three tasks.

First is to clear the exotic fish pool of weeds. As he does this a huge

fish jumps out and bites him.

To show who is boss, he beats it to death with a spade.

Realising his employer wont be best pleased he disposes of the fish by feeding it to the lions, as lions will eat anything.

Moving on to the second job of clearing out the Chimp house, he is

attacked by the chimps who pelt him with coconuts.

He swipes at two chimps with a spade killing them both.

What can he do?

AH.....Feed them to the lions, he says to himself, because lions eat anything.

He hurls the corpses into the lion enclosure.

He moves on to the last job which is to collect honey from the South

American Bees.

As soon as he starts he is attacked by the bees. He grabs the spade and smashes the bees to a pulp.

By now he knows what to do and throws them! into the lions cage because lions eat anything.

Later that day a new lion arrives at the zoo.

He wanders up to another lion and says "What's the food like here?"

(wait for it!!)....

The lions say: "Absolutely brilliant, today we had Fish and Chimps with

Mushy Bees."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.