tomaran

Travel whilst waiting for AOS

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Need some advice on what to do.

My K1 visa expires on 27th November 2009, and i have just sent off my AOS forms (November 19th). They were sent to Chicago lock box via express mail and i have confirmation/proof of delivery as of today.

My problem is i have a extended interview out of state on the 30th of November, which potentially means that I could have a job already lined up for when my EAD is approved and issued.

Since I will be travelling by air I can see issues regarding the expiry date of my visa etc.... I have already attempted to get a state issued ID but was informed I need the NOA receipt for my AOS application.

Any advice on how i could avoid any issues at security/immigration at the airport? What documents/evidence could I take to prove that my status is protected?

Anyone who has gone through a similar situation? your help is always and greatly appreciated !

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your I-94 will not be an issue for domestic travel. Your valid passport is all the ID you will need.

Good luck on the interview.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

My K1 visa expires on 27th November 2009, and i have just sent off my AOS forms (November 19th). They were sent to Chicago lock box via express mail and i have confirmation/proof of delivery as of today.

My problem is i have a extended interview out of state on the 30th of November, which potentially means that I could have a job already lined up for when my EAD is approved and issued.

Since I will be travelling by air I can see issues regarding the expiry date of my visa etc.... I have already attempted to get a state issued ID but was informed I need the NOA receipt for my AOS application.

Any advice on how i could avoid any issues at security/immigration at the airport? What documents/evidence could I take to prove that my status is protected?

Anyone who has gone through a similar situation? your help is always and greatly appreciated !

Very rare that when travelling domestic that there will any problems. Take your NOA1 for the AOS and your PP.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

Domestic travel isn't a problem. Like Anh Map and Dakine say, all you need is your passport. I travelled numerous times domestically prior to the GC being issued. Before I received the AOS NOA I brought a copy of the application and proof of delivery. After I received the NOA, I brought that. Never once had a problem.

Best of luck on the job interview. :)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

Very rare that when travelling domestic that there will any problems. Take your NOA1 for the AOS and your PP.

What If i don't receive my NOA1 for the AOS in time for my travel date? My passport will show an expired I-94 and i will have no proof that I have even filed the AOS.

'But I being poor have only my dreams, and i have laid my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams'

Timeline
Domestic travel isn't a problem. Like Anh Map and Dakine say, all you need is your passport. I travelled numerous times domestically prior to the GC being issued. Before I received the AOS NOA I brought a copy of the application and proof of delivery. After I received the NOA, I brought that. Never once had a problem.

Best of luck on the job interview. :)

By proof of delivery do you mean the carbon copy i got from the USPS when I sent it express? I still have that !

Timeline
By proof of delivery do you mean the carbon copy i got from the USPS when I sent it express? I still have that !

Yes. No one ever asked me for any documentation, but I always brought it just in case.

And it wont matter that my K1 Visa expired? Did you travel on an expired K1? or was your domestic travel during the valid period?

Sorry for the questions, but i'd be bummed out if I the worst happened you know

And it wont matter that my K1 Visa expired? Did you travel on an expired K1? or was your domestic travel during the valid period?

Your K-1 visa became null and void the moment you used it to enter the US. It is the I-94 which takes precedence from there. Once you have fulfilled the terms of the visa (get married within 90 days) and have followed through with the AOS application, you remain in legal status pending the outcome of the app.

Yes, I travelled on an expired I-94. Yes, I had maintained my legal status by marrying within the 90 days and filing my AOS. Bring your documentation and your passport. The airport personnel are not going to prevent you from travelling.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Your K-1 visa became null and void the moment you used it to enter the US. It is the I-94 which takes precedence from there. Once you have fulfilled the terms of the visa (get married within 90 days) and have followed through with the AOS application, you remain in legal status pending the outcome of the app.

Yes, I travelled on an expired I-94. Yes, I had maintained my legal status by marrying within the 90 days and filing my AOS. Bring your documentation and your passport. The airport personnel are not going to prevent you from travelling.

Thanks for the replies, I am a bit nervous, but I have my USPS receipt, my money order receipt, a copy of my AOS form (just I-485 would be sufficient yes?) and my certified marriage certificate. What about my money order reciepts? would they count?

Thanks in advance nd thanks a bazillion for your replies so far. I feel comforted already :D. well almost hehe

Thanks for the replies, I am a bit nervous, but I have my USPS receipt, my money order receipt, a copy of my AOS form (just I-485 would be sufficient yes?) and my certified marriage certificate. What about my money order reciepts? would they count?

Thanks in advance nd thanks a bazillion for your replies so far. I feel comforted already :D . well almost hehe

Yes, just the I-485 will be sufficient. I wouldn't worry about bringing the money order receipts, but if it makes you feel better.... lol

iagree.gif

Thanks in advance nd thanks a bazillion for your replies so far. I feel comforted already :D. well almost hehe

NOBODY really cares or checks on you if you travel domestic.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.