Rustbelt

Green card arrived

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope anyway, LOL!

Green card arrived today in the mail from the Texas Service Center. My interview was October 26th, the visa arrived November 4th (same day as I crossed) and the actual card arrived today.

As a funny aside, I have had THREE Notices of Action telling me that the service center had received my immigration package and that my card should arrive within 30 days, including the third one today. Steve figures that I'll get one for every call he made to NVC. :lol: That will be about 54 of them then . . .

Just waiting for the new SSN card to show up now, although I still have my old one from when I used to be here which is still valid (apparently).

- Steve's wife

Timeline

Congratulations!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-130 Journey

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-09

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-26

NOA2 Hardcopy : 2009-08-31

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 2009-09-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-14

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-14

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-17

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-10-21

Login Failed : 2009-11-02

Case Complete: 2009-11-03

Medical: 2010-02-10

Interview: 2010-02-24!!!! Yay!!!! APPROVED

Port of Entry: Blue Water Bridge, Michigan: 2010-03-14

Congrats -- nice to know at least that part *can* happen quickly! :-)

[u][url="http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224630&hl=simistar"][font="Garamond"][size=2]My Montreal Interview Review[/size][/font][/url][/u]

Congratulations!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! It seems like this year is your year :)

I am almost sure that you keep your old SSN but they just change your name to your married name. I was told that once you are assigned a SSN, it's yours for life :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations! :thumbs: :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline

Congrats!! you can file the I-751 within (not before) 90 days of the expiration date on your greencard. USCIS will NOT notify you when it is time to submit it.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Congrats!! you can file the I-751 within (not before) 90 days of the expiration date on your greencard. USCIS will NOT notify you when it is time to submit it.

i was reading one of the OP's other posts and it looks like they have been married since 2001 so I am assuming they got the 10 year green card... but I could be wrong..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

i was reading one of the OP's other posts and it looks like they have been married since 2001 so I am assuming they got the 10 year green card... but I could be wrong..

lol--my info still stands correct,lol That is if they dont apply for USA citizenship well before that.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.