Bob and Liezl

filipina cell work international?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance wants to know if she can still use her phone to text her family after she leaves

the country.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks

So many of us...in this together. Pretty cool!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it'll work if it's dual or triband.i brought with me the cellphone that i was using in the Phils,i just bought a roaming Smart sim card,it worked in Taiwan when we had our lay over there and it's working pretty good here. :thumbs:

My fiance wants to know if she can still use her phone to text her family after she leaves

the country.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks

I purchase a phone the last time in the PI and it works fine with both sims, Smart or T-Mobile

If your phone is unlocked and you find a carrier that uses sim cards like T-Mobile, then it will work. If I’m not mistaken with Smart you will need to go on roam for it to work in the US. Cell phones sold in the PI with dual/tri-band will work internationally with the exception of Japan, or so I was told.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

yes it will work, but she will have to talk to her carrier there and put her sim on roaming. smart has a pretty good roaming card. She may want to have that to just receive texts as it is more expensive to send with the roaming one than local carriers. Smart charges 20 pesos a txt or you can do a special deal that is a pain in the butt to use and it is 10 pesos a txt. Having the roaming text will make it cheapest for her family to txt her. The phone itself will work in the US. I think pretty much all the phones in the PI are unlocked (at least if she uses prepay like 95% of everyone there uses). I bought a quadband phone from there and it works great in the US and kuwait. It worked in japan on the way back too. (like it was supposed to)

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

the country.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks

Filipino phones work but unfortunately Filipina phones are locked and cannot be used beyond Cebu City.

03/26/2009: NVC in
04/08/2009: Learned we are being screened for Additional Processing 'AP'
05/09/2009: Arrived at the US consulate in Bangkok
05/15/2009: Medical Passed
05/20/2009: Packet 3 received
05/21/2009: Packet 3 returned

07/08/2009: Interview
07/08/2009: issued 221(g) due to proof of single status document missing a stamp
07/20/2009: Resubmitted document with missing stamp. Accepted
07/23/2009: Visa issued

07/28/2009: POE JFK
07/31/2009: Married
09/02/2009: AOS submitted
09/10/2009 NOA1
09/25/2009: Case Transfered to CSC
10/13/2009 Biometrics
10/26/2009: Received EAD card
11/30/2009: RFE Delayed Birth Registration
12/31/2009: USCIS receives RFE reply
1/07/2010: Green Card Delivered
1/15/2010: Green Card Arrived

10/10/2011: Mailed in I-751 to remove conditions
10/20/2011: NOA1
11/28/2011: Biometrics
03/29/2012: RFE USCIS wants more proof of a bona fide relationship
04/03/2012: USCIS receives RFE reply
04/10/2012: Approval Letter
5/18/2012: Email notice that Green Card is being produced
5/24/2012: Green Card Arrived

10/07/14: N-400 mailed

11/12/14: Biometrics

12/5//14: In Line

03/25/15: Naturalization Ceremony: Journey Complete

the country.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks

Filipino phones work but unfortunately Filipina phones are locked and cannot be used beyond Cebu City.

Wrong. I have never seen a locked phone in PI

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Smart Bro sells a international SIMS card, Cost less than $5.

Have your girl bring her phone from PI, or buy a unlocked phone in USA. Insert the SmartBro Sims Card and she can recieve all the texts she want from PI for free.

My wife has MetroPCS in Texas with free unlimited calls and free text including International Text for $40 per month, and my wife can text back to PI on that phone each month

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

the country.

Anyone know about this?

Thanks

Filipino phones work but unfortunately Filipina phones are locked and cannot be used beyond Cebu City. :bonk:

Wrong. I have never seen a locked phone in PI

TRUE!

What's filipinio phone look like? LOL :wacko:

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.