beakon20

How long does it take for case to show up online?

9 posts in this topic

How long does it take for a case to show up in the USCIS system so it can be tracked onlined? I submitted my paperwork on Oct 28th for my I751 and received my NOA on Nov 2nd. It still does not show up when I try to track it online.

Also, how far apart are the biometrics appt letters being sent out after the NOA have been sent out?

Thanks.

How long does it take for a case to show up in the USCIS system so it can be tracked onlined? I submitted my paperwork on Oct 28th for my I751 and received my NOA on Nov 2nd. It still does not show up when I try to track it online.

Also, how far apart are the biometrics appt letters being sent out after the NOA have been sent out?

Thanks.

You'll love this - the NOA1 (the one you have now) has a receipt number (like you'd expect) but that receipt number is not the one you will use to track your case online or if you have to call USCIS. The receipt number you will use is the one on your biometrics appointment notice (is different, I don't know why).

The biometrics notice usually comes within about 30 days - online tracking (with that receipt number) can be right away, after you actually take the biometrics, or sometimes longer. :thumbs:

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: Other Timeline

Otto and Karin are correct.

But . . . don't hold your breath. While your case will show up online shortly after the biometrics appointment, in many cases that's the only thing you'll notice.

I got my 10-year green card before I got a letter that I was approved, and before I got another letter telling me that my card production had been ordered. No joke.

More than a week after I got my green card, the online status was still the same as the one when I did my biometrics. I plain English: no updates on the USCIS Web site at all.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Thanks.

They have nos et timeline for anyone I guess.

My application was received on Nov 2nd, chk cashed the enxt day...got no NOA and on Nov 18th ( today) got a letter for my Biometrics appt next month...The letter had a #.

I entered that to track my case and it registered immediately...

Now what i am confused about it..Do I wait or call and ask for an NOA??? is it important..or can I go do Biometrics without it?

So dont worry if you cant track your case. Wait till you get the Biometric letter and Like O & K said that 3 is the main one...Dont stress..hang in there

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

My application was received on Nov 2nd, chk cashed the enxt day...got no NOA and on Nov 18th ( today) got a letter for my Biometrics appt next month...The letter had a #.

Now what i am confused about it..Do I wait or call and ask for an NOA??? is it important..or can I go do Biometrics without it?

So dont worry if you cant track your case. Wait till you get the Biometric letter and Like O & K said that 3 is the main one...Dont stress..hang in there

Hi, Susan73! Come join "November filer" thread! We'll be waiting for you!

I think you should call, yes - the first notice is your proof that your PR/Green Card status has been extended (one year); its something you want to hang on to.

I think you should call, yes - the first notice is your proof that your PR/Green Card status has been extended (one year); its something you want to hang on to.

Yep, you could travel with it too.

Good to know, my NOA was on NOV 2nd so I should see my biometrics appt. notice soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.