abdarach

Does Philadelphia, PA offer same day Oath?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hello,

I'm having my interview soon and I hope I'll do well. I was just wondering if the Philadelphia, PA office offers same day Oath after the interview.

Does someone here know?

Thank you in advance.

No I don't think so as of last spring.

Edited by phl_nov08

Philadelphia

Sent N-400: 11/5/08

PD: 11/10/08

FP notice: 11/25/08

FP Date: 12/10/08

IL: 2/2/09

ID: 3/20/09 (Recommended for approval)

OL: 4/29/09

OD: 5/8/09 (re-scheduled from 4/10 and then 4/28) (Completed - Now a Citizen )

Passport applied: 5/12/09 (Philadelphia Passport Office)

Passport book received: 5/13/09 (Philadelphia Passport Office)

Passport card received: 6/8/09 (USPS)

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Abdarach,

Based on what I've read here on vj, I know that one of the factors that detmines a same day oath is: if you have an interview in the morning, they might have enough time to prepare your oath in the afternoon, and thus you can have the ceremony on the same day.

Also, you can check with other vjers with the same local office to see if they have had such an experience too.

By the way, here is the link to more info about your local (Philadelphia, PA) service center...

Lol...It doesn't say anything about an oath..but at least it give you directions on how to get there....

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

I don't think that the mis-information line knows any better though, so probably not very helpful to contact them. (lol..they call it the mis-information line for a reason)

The best way is to probably ask them in-person during your interview, as they can give you an approximate or actual oath then..

Hope this helps. Either way, hope you get your oath soon, and good luck with the rest of your journey too.

Ant

Hello,

I'm having my interview soon and I hope I'll do well. I was just wondering if the Philadelphia, PA office offers same day Oath after the interview.

Does someone here know?

Thank you in advance.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No, Philadelphia office does not do same day oath. We just had our interview in August and had to wait until Oct 1st for an oath

Ashley (Boston, MA USA) Ernesto (Cabo San Lucas, BCS MEXICO)

June 1, 2004 -- Meet my husband-to-be

Feb 14, 2005 -- Engaged in Playa del Carmen

Mar 9 -- Mailed I-129F (Filing for K1 visa)

Mar 16 -- NOA1 received by mail

Mar 24 -- NOA2 received by e-mail

Apr 1 -- NVC letter arrives by mail

April 11 -- Juarez confirms receipt

Jun 29 -- Medical Exam

Jun 30 -- Consulate Interview APPROVED!

Jul 3 -- El Paso, TX POE (90 day countdown begins)

Jul 11 -- Apply for SS Card

Sept 2 -- Our wedding day

Sept 15 -- 1st attempt to get a MA Driver's license (unsuccessful - grrrr)

Sept 28 -- I-485, I-765, and I-131 mailed to VSC

Oct 11 -- NOA1s for AOS, EAD, and AP

Nov 15 -- Biometric Appt. in Boston

Dec 7 -- EAD arrives in the mail

Dec 9 -- AP arrives in the mail

Jan 6, 2006 -- Notice for AOS interview

Jan 13 -- 2nd attempt to get Driver's license (unsuccessful - letter to RMV/Governor's office...case under investigation...RIDICULOUS)

Feb 23 -- AOS INTERVIEW - Approved (Green card arrived in the mail on March 7th)

Mar 8 -- MA Drivers license finally approved

See you again in 2 years..............

Nov 23, 2007 -- Highly anticipated date to mail in I-751

Nov 26 -- I-751 mailed to VSC

Dec 5 -- check cashed

Dec 10 -- NOA arrives in the mail

Jan 10, 2008 -- Biometrics appt in Boston

Oct 6 -- Card production ordered!

May 14, 2009 -- N-400 mailed to TX Lockbox (Dover, DE - local office)

May 26 -- NOA received by mail

Jun 12 -- Biometrics appt in Dover

Aug 25 -- Interview in Philly

Oct 1 -- Oath in Wilmington

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

According to the Philadelphia office website "The Field Office conducts several weekly naturalization ceremonies. Additionally, we participate in judicial ceremonies throughout our jurisdiction."

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...r.zipcode=19020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.