Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Wow, that's really scary.

It's so strange of men to dissapear, you really only hear of it happening with women.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

That's awful. And people ARE nuts.

Baby stick this morning shows positive again. Went to the doctor again--POSITIVE! Whoohoo! I won the baby lotto jackpot!

Going to get my H1N1 & reg flu shot now. CIAO!

Hey, congrats! :) That's great news.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahh bullies. I was threatened once in elementary school, the after school fight as it were. So everyone is gathered around for the big fight!! Then luckily my Sister's friends came and bailed me out - because I had no idea how to fight. I was, however, the tallest girl in the school, that probably saved me a lot of trouble.

There were 2 female bullies in my elementary school here in Calgary. Darlene Gibbons (Darlene was the instigator of the fight mentioned above) and Wendy Hugo. After highschool I worked as a telephone operator for a while. I got a person to person call one time for a Wendy Hugo - in a prison or some sort of facility. I said to the guy - oh I went to elementary school with someone with that very name - did she live in Calgary etc etc - yes - one and the same. Anyway, a few years ago I noticed in the paper there was something about her, I think she was murdered.

As for my Son, in high school, someone pulled a knife on him. Now he can take care of himself, but he isn't really a violent person, probably because he is big and tall and generally never got picked on.

So, if I remember correctly he picked up the guy and threw him and the glass panel on the school door broke. The school had a zero violence policy and they attempted to kick him out of the school. I went to talk to them, with my Son and they decided to let him stay, since he is a good kid, however he would have to go for 1 counselling session - they called it a cake walk - a formality.

Well it wasn't! He got in to the counselling session and the woman grilled him like he was a criminal :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so afraid of my son being bullied. He isn't bullied now luckily, so far he's popular in school... and I have talked to him about treating others with kindness and respect. Kids can be really mean though.

In our neighborhood if someone does something to him, he comes to me... and yea I go to the kids and their parents. Just a few months ago a kid tossed Ethan on the ground and I called the police on him and filed a report. I don't mind being the person to fight my sons battles, especially if the kids are a lot bigger than him. I can tell the difference between childs play and downright dirty play.

I have had 3 talks with other parents in our neighborhood just because their kids were rough with my son. My neighborhood isn't terrible, but because it's apartments you get a lot of people coming in and out and a high turnover rate. So sometimes you'll get bad a few seeds coming in... but they leave as fast as they come in which is nice.

We're a very tight community of parents though and I am pretty close with most of the kids and their parents. We all know eachother and we all watch out for one anothers children.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
We're a very tight community of parents though and I am pretty close with most of the kids and their parents. We all know eachother and we all watch out for one anothers children.

That's really the key isn't it

Baby stick this morning shows positive again. Went to the doctor again--POSITIVE! Whoohoo! I won the baby lotto jackpot!

Congratulations!

You might want to read up on H1N1. There's been a vaccine recall recently.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

Congratulations!

Only had to do with potency rates - nothing more. Any H1N1 shot she would get today wouldn't be one of the recalls. :)

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I think it is. It takes a community to raise a child, I truly believe that.

So many people these days don't know their neighbors. I am kind of afraid to leave our neighborhood just because the community aspect of it is nice. I haven't experienced it anywhere else.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think it is. It takes a community to raise a child, I truly believe that.

So many people these days don't know their neighbors. I am kind of afraid to leave our neighborhood just because the community aspect of it is nice. I haven't experienced it anywhere else.

It's easier to not know or care, plus that way they don't have to find out what monsters their kids are while they are busy pretending to be parents of the decade.

Maybe I'm jaded tho.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Congratulations!

Only had to do with potency rates - nothing more. Any H1N1 shot she would get today wouldn't be one of the recalls. :)

Yep, and the recalled ones were only for 6 month to 35 month olds.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Congratulations!

Yep, and the recalled ones were only for 6 month to 35 month olds.

That's good to know. My mom-in-law just got one, so at least it won't affect her.

Awesome news, Ravenesque! Get it out of the Vent thread and into the limelight it deserves. :D

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Suspension? Detention? Police reports? When did this come about? :blink:

I remember simply fighting. School didn't bother with any of it, so the situation was solely in the hands of the students. If you were bullied and wanted it to stop, you fought back or you continued to get bullied. That was how it was handled. I guess things have changed a little...

Timeline
Suspension? Detention? Police reports? When did this come about? :blink:

I remember simply fighting. School didn't bother with any of it, so the situation was solely in the hands of the students. If you were bullied and wanted it to stop, you fought back or you continued to get bullied. That was how it was handled. I guess things have changed a little...

Things have changed a lot. Everything is zero tolerance now. You get bullied and the kid who bullies is guaranteed to be suspended or expelled. Police and everyone take it all very seriously. Kids are getting beaten to death these days. These after school fights now involve weapons.

I don't think we're that far apart in age, but when I was in high school and got suspended I was told that I should have told on the girl who bullied me. I never did though because I didn't think it would do anything. That was the mentality, don't tell just act back right?

My son, he knows about 0 tolerance. He knows to tell if someone picks on him. It's a different world.

I tell him not to fight back unless he feels his life is threatened.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.