Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Vent:

I know I read a thread with a couple of Canadians were talking about Blizzcon in LV this morning and now I can't find it. WTH!!!!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
It is very hard to convey emotions when typing. Well that's what I've found anyway.

I have no problem imparting emotion in typing and I thought the sentiment in the original posts was quite clear. I do understand the sensitivity regarding adam walsh, hence why I think Kathryn clarified the title. The yardies reference I thought was like picking on a group of people for their dialect.

Bah. You're truly reading too much into it. At least, I never intended anything like that when I mentioned it. I didn't even know which group of people it was that had that thread -- I would have assumed Scotland, to be honest (just try saying that thread name in a Scottish accent...c'mon, it's fun!).

Definately reading too much in to it. I would never 'pick on' someone for their dialect - what you all have said, never would have occured to me. Personally, I wasn't being sarcastic, my reference was that it shows up so much on the main board - which in no way was a dig at the forum or the people involved in that thread. Also, if they said, wow i'm tired of seeing off topic part trois - I would smile and say hey, we are chatty.

I explain this not to those of you that jumped to the wrong conclusions, but just in case someone who posts in that thread wanders in here - just want to set the record straight.

I can't believe we are having this conversation :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Geez DPX...

Are you drunk or something?????

Good god...

:o

I ate too much for breakfast and now I have a HUGE stomach ache.

Vomit and put it in a doggie bag. Then tell someone you know that you've "saved the big chunks" for them. They'll appreciate it. :dance:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
Vent:

I know I read a thread with a couple of Canadians were talking about Blizzcon in LV this morning and now I can't find it. WTH!!!!

You mean Danu and frenzyheart? It's here in the vent

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3485958

Timeline
A few rants for the evening hours...

1) A friend was supposed to come and hang out tonight. This is a friend I haven't seen since I drove her home from the airport about a year ago(due to work and school and stuff). She's neither called, nor showed. I've been ditched, me thinks.

2) Here is one for my fellow WoW-nerds: After we watched Blizzcon 2009 online, Matt and I decided we were going to go to 2010's convention NO MATTER WHAT. Well....Blizzcon 2010 hasn't been -officially- announced, but the Las Vegas Convention Center(which is infinitely larger than the Anaheim Convention Center) has been booked for it. For July 30-31st, 2010. Which just so happens to be Matt and I's wedding weekend. (hopefully) Thanks, Blizz. Really. (though the amount of jokes being flung back and forth that we should move the wedding to Blizzcon and have Metzen marry us is proving to be very amusing...)

3) I tried to order a movie from my On Demand service, only to find out that it's down for some unknown reason.

Tonight just sucks. :(

Hmmm...are you sure it has? I don't think the are moving it to Las Vegas, maybe Los Angelos, but they would have to pay all their employees to go to LV for 2 days. I'll check with my honey when he gets home, but I seriously doubt its actually going to be there. People rumor that every year.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/20860803518...onin-vegas.html

Per blue - don't make any travel plans!

Vent:

You mean Danu and frenzyheart? It's here in the vent

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3485958

I swear, I'm not blind! :lol:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No wow chant in the vent thread! :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Geez DPX...

Good god...

Vomit and put it in a doggie bag. Then tell someone you know that you've "saved the big chunks" for them. They'll appreciate it. :dance:

Nah, not drunk. I'm just a very sick and demented individual. I think my tag pretty much conveys that message. :P

Edited by DeadPoolX

Geez DPX...

Good god...

Nah, not drunk. I'm just a very sick and demented individual. I think my tag pretty much conveys that message. :P

I thought your tag was to frame lgg :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ya know, I love my husband dearly but I wish he would learn how to do his own dang laundry every now and again. My parents were here all week, so I was pretty busy showing them around town and trying to spend time with them, so there wasn't to much time left over in the day for household chores. So he complains to me the other day that he has no clean socks. My response? Then wash some! But no, that would only make sense. Instead we will complain about it for days and leave me with a million loads of laundry to do because apparently he is allergic to the washing machine. I blame his mom, really. Up until the day I moved in his mom would do his laundry every Sunday like clockwork. Why should I have to be his maid? Sure, I don't mind doing some work, he works long hours, I like to help. But when you need clean socks and I'm not around, wash your damn socks! On top of that, he didn't have any clean work shirts so instead of washing them himself, his mom washed them for him. What the heck!! He's an adult and married, make him do something for himself once and a while!!

Really, I have enough clothes that I don't need to do laundry every week. Heck, I don't even need to do laundry once a month. How about buying some more socks?!

Ok, rant mode off. I'm just on load 1000 with 2000 more to go! :P

Ya know, I love my husband dearly but I wish he would learn how to do his own dang laundry every now and again. My parents were here all week, so I was pretty busy showing them around town and trying to spend time with them, so there wasn't to much time left over in the day for household chores. So he complains to me the other day that he has no clean socks. My response? Then wash some! But no, that would only make sense. Instead we will complain about it for days and leave me with a million loads of laundry to do because apparently he is allergic to the washing machine. I blame his mom, really. Up until the day I moved in his mom would do his laundry every Sunday like clockwork. Why should I have to be his maid? Sure, I don't mind doing some work, he works long hours, I like to help. But when you need clean socks and I'm not around, wash your damn socks! On top of that, he didn't have any clean work shirts so instead of washing them himself, his mom washed them for him. What the heck!! He's an adult and married, make him do something for himself once and a while!!

Really, I have enough clothes that I don't need to do laundry every week. Heck, I don't even need to do laundry once a month. How about buying some more socks?!

Hahaha sounds like what my wife and I went through when we moved in together. I was just so used to having my stuff washed I never noticed. She brought it up one day and I've been doing all the laundry ever since. Although I REALLY hate folding clothes so I've been hanging a lot of stuff up lately hahaha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

My husband doesn't do the laundry either. But that's my preference. Why? His idea of laundry is everything in one load on permanent press. No if, ands, or buts about it.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.