Seven

What happens now?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello!

2 days ago i was sent to a secondary inspection in the border going to USA. After one hour questions etc they let me go in with the visa waiver.

So now what happens to my file? am i banned for next times or red flagged or something? or since they let me go in is like i've never been in secondary inspection so i won't have problems in the future?

thanks

Hello!

2 days ago i was sent to a secondary inspection in the border going to USA. After one hour questions etc they let me go in with the visa waiver.

So now what happens to my file? am i banned for next times or red flagged or something? or since they let me go in is like i've never been in secondary inspection so i won't have problems in the future?

thanks

Nik has been in secondary inspection on his first and third visits over here. They still let him in all three times. Each time you will need to provide the same proofs.

Really, stop beating yourself up about this. There's nothing you can do.

If you are still so concerned, why not get the K1 process kicked off, and just plan on coming in on the K1 next time - You won't have any of these issues. If they were going to do anything about you (fraud, bans, etc) they would have not let you in, or made it very clear that you would need a visa the next time you came.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

I just wanna be sure...i'm kinda a keep thinking stuff woman ahahahaha really...and yeah i'm going to apply for the k1 so next time i wanna go to USA will be with that visa.

I really appreciate you took the time to answer my posts.

Hope all's good for you, good luck and best wishes for next thanksgivin and xtmas

Nik has been in secondary inspection on his first and third visits over here. They still let him in all three times. Each time you will need to provide the same proofs.

Can I be really nosey and ask what his questions/ replies were that 'caused' him to be secondary inspected? I'm always deadly afraid of this happening, especially this forthcoming trip because I'm travelling over christmas with my daughter and she's a very very anxious kid. It'll be our 3rd trip to the US this year, i'm a student and my divorce is being processed as we speak so we can file for a K1. It's just not a great situation in terms of proving we do intend to return...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Thank you for the kind remind Otto und Karin...i just posted this second question here as was out of the k1 issue...Anyway thank you for your both replies...believe it or not the answers really help me to stay positive and let what happened stay in the past looking forward my upcoming visa process and it can have all the positive energy to make it!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello!

thanks

Every time you cross the border you are subject to inspection (yes, this includes secondary inspection). No doubt there are remarks in your "file" but all it does is give the next person a short story about what happened each time and so no, it won't be like you were never in secondary but as long as all your stuff is legit, you shouldn't have a problem.

Hello!

thanks

What status did you enter as?

Are you visiting a partner (boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse)?

More info is needed.

The fact that you went to secondary will be noted in CBP's file on you. It will contain notes of the secondary inspection. This can be looked up on each subsequent entry attempt. This may or may not cause you to go to secondary inspection on your next entry attempt.

If you are planning to move to the US on a K-1/K-3 or CR/IR visa, I suggest you do that soon.

Your luck may run out and it is is possible you may not be admitted in the future under INA 214(B) or equiv.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Can I be really nosey and ask what his questions/ replies were that 'caused' him to be secondary inspected? I'm always deadly afraid of this happening, especially this forthcoming trip because I'm travelling over christmas with my daughter and she's a very very anxious kid. It'll be our 3rd trip to the US this year, i'm a student and my divorce is being processed as we speak so we can file for a K1. It's just not a great situation in terms of proving we do intend to return...

Well, I was only there for the second trip (where he wasn't pulled in). Based on my other observations of Nik interacting with Americans behind counters, I believe it is mostly because he tends to speak very softly combined with a bit of an accent which makes him seem a bit reluctant/dodgy. The first trip I'm sure it was because he said he was here to visit his girlfriend - who he'd met online - never seen each other before...The third time was after his loooong trip the second time, so it was probably partially that and partially our relationship. The letter from his supervisor indicating the date he was expected back from work and the NOA1 from the process really helped him get out of that.

Depending on the length of your previous trips, I wouldn't expect anything different from the last few times. Have your return ticket itinerary printed out, and anything you can bring which indicates that you (or your daughter) are obligated to return for school after the holidays - tuition payment receipt, etc. There's the visiting FAQ which has a list of things which people have found useful in proving ties while visiting. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1visit

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I had secondary inspection experience too. That was not good but they let me in anyway. I have been visiting the US since 2001 about once a year. I got no problem going thru customs until Jan 2006 when I landed on Detroit (northwest airlines, hong kong>tokyo>detroit). The customs officer saw my 3-month round trip ticket and asked me why I was visiting for 3 months. I said I got the ticket for free because of the mileage points i have saved up all these years. Thats why I wanted a longer stay to fully enjoy the deal. He than asked if I have a job. I said no I resigned in order to have this 3 month trip to visit my boyfriend. He then asked me the same questions again and again in different wordings about why i came and where will i stay and which country i am from. It sounded like some interrogation techniques the police use in the hollywood movies! I was nervous and he sent me to a waiting room full of Asians and Middle East visitors. When everyone of them had gone, EVERYONE of them, one officer came to talk to me and asked me the same questions and opened my luggage and looked through everything, including my underwear. Worse thing was... i brought a bunch of photos and letters with me in order for my boyfriend to file K-1 for me after I leave USA. So the officer was even more skeptical and asked me about how i met my boyfriend and in one of the letters he discovered my boyfriend was in prison before!

God I was so nervous and thought i am gonna go home this time without seeing my boyfriend! But miracle happened! he seeked to obtain my boyfriend's cell phone number and talked to my boyfriend over phone. My boyfriend assured that we would do the right thing and will not have me to stay here in the US after the visit. I also told the officer that those documents are for filing K-1, not AOS, because it's cheaper to bring them with me rather than fedexing to my boyfriend. Finally they let me go!!! I missed a few domestic flights but northwest got it fixed for me.

The year after this (2007), I travelled to the US again but this time I chose to land on Los Angeles because I thought it's a liberal city and customs officers would not be too mean. I got stamped for 6-months stay on my I-94 2 minutes after I came see a customs officer!

In 2008 I visited US twice landing on Newark and Chicago. I will never land on Detroit again....

I-485, I-130, I-765

My timeline is in my profile

I-130 falls under AWA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.