Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Well, I just heard from Shauna....they were approved, but...... pending she get a co-sponsor. They would NOT accept the fact that she is making well over proverty level for 2006 and 2004. They ONLY wanted to see that she made over in 2005....even with the tons of documentation that she provided. So I guess you could go in not having a job this year, but prove that you had one last year????

Needleestosay, they are both entirely upset, although there is some good news ....her parents told her that they will now be her co-sponsor. This process will take approximately 2-2 1/2 weeks....

She says thank everyone for all of the well wishes!!

They are going to the pool and drinking !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shauna is probably feeling really bad right now -- that will soon pass. (L) Still....Congratulations are in order!! :dance: If she has a co-sponsor and it will only take about 2.5 weeks....we will be dancing soon!!! :dance:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats

Shar

[Hello from rainy Kingston Jamaica!!!

We got it!!!

CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOURS :thumbs::dance:(F)

Hey Everyone,

Well, I just heard from Shauna....they were approved, but...... pending she get a co-sponsor. They would NOT accept the fact that she is making well over proverty level for 2006 and 2004. They ONLY wanted to see that she made over in 2005....even with the tons of documentation that she provided. So I guess you could go in not having a job this year, but prove that you had one last year????

Needleestosay, they are both entirely upset, although there is some good news ....her parents told her that they will now be her co-sponsor. This process will take approximately 2-2 1/2 weeks....

congrats to Shauna

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Other Timeline

Happy Monday all (F)

Congrats

Shar

We got it!!!

CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOURS :thumbs::dance:(F)

Hey Everyone,

congrats to Shauna

I know you're really not feeling it right now. but Congrats :dance:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shauna is probably feeling really bad right now -- that will soon pass. (L) Still....Congratulations are in order!! :dance: If she has a co-sponsor and it will only take about 2.5 weeks....we will be dancing soon!!! :dance:

Exactly! I agree 100%!!! :dance::dance:

Congrats

Shar

We got it!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance::thumbs:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone,

Congrats Shauna....just a small setback. You have wonderful parents :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations to Shauna and Darlene!! And I'm sure Trini too!! Darlene thanks for posting the experience...I wonder why they made you go out and then called u back? Is this something that happens all of the time?? I am calling the Embassy TOMORROW to make sure they have given us a date...I thought I read somewhere up here that they are moving the Embassy---does anyone know how that will be affecting those that are supposed to have interviews in December? For those that just went down there, did you notice anything different? Did it look like they were moving?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

I wonder why they made you go out and then called u back? Is this something that happens all of the time??
They did that to us too.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Congratulations to Shauna and Darlene!! And I'm sure Trini too!! Darlene thanks for posting the experience...I wonder why they made you go out and then called u back? Is this something that happens all of the time?? I am calling the Embassy TOMORROW to make sure they have given us a date...I thought I read somewhere up here that they are moving the Embassy---does anyone know how that will be affecting those that are supposed to have interviews in December? For those that just went down there, did you notice anything different? Did it look like they were moving?

I just spoke with the Jamaican desk officer and he confirmed the Embassy will be moving December 8th. He also said the consular section should be shut down only two or three days at the most....they cannot be closed any longer. We'll see.....

Timeline
I wonder why they made you go out and then called u back? Is this something that happens all of the time??
They did that to us too.

I believe it was because our age difference. She didn't mention it to me but asked him about it.

[ For those that just went down there, did you notice anything different? Did it look like they were moving?

I just spoke with the Jamaican desk officer and he confirmed the Embassy will be moving December 8th. He also said the consular section should be shut down only two or three days at the most....they cannot be closed any longer. We'll see.....

I was suprised to read this when I got back. Not a word about it or any signs saying anything.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
I was suprised to read this when I got back. Not a word about it or any signs saying anything.

I know, strange isn't it? When I asked the guy if the Embassy was moving, he said "yeah, you haven't heard?" :blink: Maybe they will put something out next month, I hope.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Hi folks. Got the visa. Saw Shauna and Mike. It was quite an experience. Suffice to say they asked me to sit out the interview. The questions were real personal. None of the how you met, and age ect questions. Will post details later. We are heading out to the movies. Flying to JFK on Sunday

Timeline

Hi folks. Got the visa. Saw Shauna and Mike. It was quite an experience. Suffice to say they asked me to sit out the interview. The questions were real personal. None of the how you met, and age ect questions. Will post details later. We are heading out to the movies. Flying to JFK on Sunday

Congratulations!! :thumbs::thumbs:

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

:yes: Everything will be alright.

Hey Everyone,

Congratulations Stephen :dance::dance: and enjoy the rest of your trip. Is your finace returning with you?

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.