Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Know yourself and you will make good choices. Follow your heart.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Hello everyone,

It is very difficult for other people to understand what we are doing and why we are doing it. I dont get so much of the prejudice stuff (I am white too) but the age difference and the different culture thing is a problem for some people. So many people have doubts about whether or not it is "real love" of an opportunity. That why this site is a gift. Only WE understand.

Continuation of our saga: I wrote the embassy today and they actually wrote back, miracle. The letter about the embassy doctor was just about immunizations and he is fully immunized so we are okay there BUT .. we are being "di****ed around" by the Registra General's office. We ordered the no-impediment back in the beginning of February, if you are a religious reader of the thread you know what we had to go through to get it in time for the last interview. His name was spelled wrong and so we had to request a new one that was supposed to be couriered to Ricardo last week. Now no one knows where it is and I am beaten. The courier says they dont have it. The Registra General's office said they sent it out. If we cant get it by next week I will have to cancel my flight. I will not go down there again unprepared, do to no fault or ours, and be turned away again. I am trying to get an answer but the clock is ticking. I will definately let you know how it turns out...... :(

I think we all go through these problems, some with friends most with family. My family has no idea what is going on. I wanted to go through this process without anyone's negative in put. My mom knows I'm going there tonight and that I will be going back next month. She's asking me why I'm going so many times that close toghter.... I told her because I work hard and can afford it :yes: .

As for your saga.... I wish you all the best wishes there are that you'll get the non-impediment in time. Keep calling the registar generals office everyday!!!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hello everyone,

It is very difficult for other people to understand what we are doing and why we are doing it. I dont get so much of the prejudice stuff (I am white too) but the age difference and the different culture thing is a problem for some people. So many people have doubts about whether or not it is "real love" of an opportunity. That why this site is a gift. Only WE understand.

Continuation of our saga: I wrote the embassy today and they actually wrote back, miracle. The letter about the embassy doctor was just about immunizations and he is fully immunized so we are okay there BUT .. we are being "di****ed around" by the Registra General's office. We ordered the no-impediment back in the beginning of February, if you are a religious reader of the thread you know what we had to go through to get it in time for the last interview. His name was spelled wrong and so we had to request a new one that was supposed to be couriered to Ricardo last week. Now no one knows where it is and I am beaten. The courier says they dont have it. The Registra General's office said they sent it out. If we cant get it by next week I will have to cancel my flight. I will not go down there again unprepared, do to no fault or ours, and be turned away again. I am trying to get an answer but the clock is ticking. I will definately let you know how it turns out...... :(

I think we all go through these problems, some with friends most with family. My family has no idea what is going on. I wanted to go through this process without anyone's negative in put. My mom knows I'm going there tonight and that I will be going back next month. She's asking me why I'm going so many times that close toghter.... I told her because I work hard and can afford it :yes: .

As for your saga.... I wish you all the best wishes there are that you'll get the non-impediment in time. Keep calling the registar generals office everyday!!!

Sonshyne - Good luck on your interview and have a wonderful time!!

Ricardo - I agree keep calling. Is it possible to request another one but have you fiance pick it up?

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Sonshyne - Safe flight and good luck on the interview :dance: :dance:

Thanks I am leaving tonight :yes: I'll be in contact as soon as I can after the interview.

Good luck :thumbs: Safe travels.

Ditto all the best!!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone,

It is very difficult for other people to understand what we are doing and why we are doing it. I dont get so much of the prejudice stuff (I am white too) but the age difference and the different culture thing is a problem for some people. So many people have doubts about whether or not it is "real love" or an opportunity. That why this site is a gift. Only WE understand.

Sonshyne - Good luck on your interview and have a wonderful time!!

Ricardo - I agree keep calling. Is it possible to request another one but have you fiance pick it up?

Thanks -

I am going to keep calling and calling and yes he might just have to make another 4 hour trip to Kingston to pick it up, I only hope that it will be ready in time and that he can. :huh:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Continuation of our saga: I wrote the embassy today and they actually wrote back, miracle. The letter about the embassy doctor was just about immunizations and he is fully immunized so we are okay there BUT .. we are being "di****ed around" by the Registra General's office. We ordered the no-impediment back in the beginning of February, if you are a religious reader of the thread you know what we had to go through to get it in time Mfor the last interview. His name was spelled wrong and so we had to request a new one that was supposed to be couriered to Ricardo last week. Now no one knows where it is and I am beaten. The courier says they dont have it. The Registra General's office said they sent it out. If we cant get it by next week I will have to cancel my flight. I will not go down there again unprepared, do to no fault or ours, and be turned away again. I am trying to get an answer but the clock is ticking. I will definately let you know how it turns out...... :(

Most of my family is great and like I said it took them 8 years to accept it but they love my hubby. It is only my granny and one aunt that are so rude. They were so mad that they didn't get invited to my wedding in August. I invited all my other aunts but her and my granny never asked her because she was in a wheel chair. When people don't have a positive out look on life and always complain about things drive me crazy. So rounding myself with positive vibes is what I like that is why I come on here.

Wishful thinking she would change over time.

Anna thanks for sharing about being private I think I need to start being more like you ;)

Thanks everyone for sharing their stories.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Congrats to Trinilad and Darlene. Congrats to all recently received their visas. Safe travels and best wishes to those scheduled and rescheduled to interview in the coming days and month.

Best wishes also to the Squitto's and Darah and Henry with their recent/upcoming relocations.

Filed: Timeline

For those whose families/friends/loved ones are not supportive of their relationships- a word of advice that my mother used to say to me: "you can't please everyone, so why worry trying".

There's always going to be one or two who will disagree with your choices regardless. For those dealing with outright prejuduice it's disappointing and discouraging when someone you love displays those qualities. Hopefully in time they will see that their views are not justified; but sadly- don't count on it.

Timeline
DS 156 Question!!!

1. My fiance got his passport in Ochi but is telling me to put Kingston as the place of issuance (#2 on the DS 156)...any thoughts on this???

Where did he apply for it?

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Ochi

I want to say put Kingston b/c it was probably issed from there at the Registrars office even though it was recv'd in Ochi.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks I am leaving tonight :yes: I'll be in contact as soon as I can after the interview.

Positive Vibes..... Go get yo man!!! ;)

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Mailed I-485 July 2, 2007

Received NOA1 July 11, 2007

RFE: Dated July 24, 2007

Ovnt. requested info. July 30, 2007

Biometrics Appt. Aug. 3, 2007

AOS Interview Sept. 27, 2007

AOS Approval Sept. 27,2007

GREEN CARD Rec. Nov. 1, 2007

Timeline

Hello everyone,

They have got to make some provisions for you since it is their fault. I would think it should be no problem for them to reprint the certificate and Ricardo can pick it up. I know it's a long drive to Kingston, but it would be worth it to have it a few days early to ensure there are no other issues. Call the Registrar General's office again and tell them you have to pick it up personally in time for your interview. Insist that it has been paid for, it was screwed up the first time, and it is imperative that you have it by Wed. of next week (the 21st). You've come too far to let this be another delay!!!

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

I have a question regarding the medical....

I told my fiance to ask for a copy of what they send to the Embassy (I saw on this thread that you will need it when filing paperwork later down the line). He asked them, and the doctor said they can't provide a copy because it is confidential and is to go directly to the Embassy..... Here is my issue.... we paid for it, so shouldn't we be entitled to a copy???

Will we be able to get a copy at the Embassy??? My fiance says, "don't make an issue of it. We will ask at the embassy and if they say yes, we accept with a smile, if they say no, we accept with a smile. We don't want to mess anything up".... It's true that I don't want to put us being approved of the visa in jeopardy, but still.... it's the principle of the matter. We paid our money to get his medical, and we are entitled to a copy of the results.... :angry: It's his body!!!

Has anyone else experienced this, and at what point can we get a copy.... I am not one to bite my tongue.... but we have to get this visa so.... I'll have to figure out another way to get my point across :innocent::devil:

LovinJA

AOS Timeline:

Good luck, Sonshyne! :thumbs:

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.