Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, I need to vent :angry: :angry:

I started calling the embassy at 1:30 today. I called every few seconds until 2:30pm. The like was either busy or you were disconnected when you chose the option to speak to a person and a few calls where there was nothing but static. I am soooooo furious!!! We can only call two days a week now and then you can't get through. I have emailed them everyday this week and no one has responded.

ricardo,

i'm with you...i've been emailing for a couple weeks, tying to find out if an interview date has been scheduled (we turned the ds230 in on dec. 1 and haven't heard anything yet) and finally got a response today saying that nothing has been scheduled...i'll send good vibes for you to get through to them soon...it is totally maddening to have no control at all...but worth it :)

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ditto Good luck!! Yes :yes: It takes a lot of guts.....More than I have to muster.....Hubby's thinking about going back to LA to work. I keep looking at the big picture cost...cost...cost.vs comfort $ space. In the end I cannot get excited about moving. Finishing school is the most important thing to me right now, making money to support us, and his daughter is the most important thing to him right now. I'm already enrolled, purchased books everything. He's been told that he can works as soon as he gets his passport stamped. So he's ready to up and leave for LA. :help: I've descied to let him go, well I don't think i have a choice :unsure: .... and if the job works out I'll follow later, when if finish the sesmester out...I guess....:huh: I am sooo not happy about the situation. He really hasn't given the job market here in KC a try, so yes I am upset about him wanting to leave just because he wants a "job" and not looking at the big picture. :unsure:

That's a biggie.....I wish you the best.

Welcome home Bert.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Timeline
Ok, I need to vent :angry: :angry:

I started calling the embassy at 1:30 today. I called every few seconds until 2:30pm. The like was either busy or you were disconnected when you chose the option to speak to a person and a few calls where there was nothing but static. I am soooooo furious!!! We can only call two days a week now and then you can't get through. I have emailed them everyday this week and no one has responded.

ricardo,

i'm with you...i've been emailing for a couple weeks, tying to find out if an interview date has been scheduled (we turned the ds230 in on dec. 1 and haven't heard anything yet) and finally got a response today saying that nothing has been scheduled...i'll send good vibes for you to get through to them soon...it is totally maddening to have no control at all...but worth it :)

Keishnino,

Thanks for the vibes. Im sending them right back to you too. They have been messing with a lot of us since December. Sometimes I wish that I could get 20/20 to do an undercover story on what really goes on in the embassy :lol: I guess I have ALOT of time on my hands and too much imagination. :lol:

Good Morning!!

Good morning and good night!

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Darlene sorry to hear about that...luckily he made his flight and is with you!!! Mike did the same thing watched tv...when is the big day??

Next Friday night. We went and applied for the marriage license today. It wouldn't be so rushed except for the fact he has a job and we are hoping there is not too much overlap with the EAD.

All is well. We were out from mid morning until 9:30 tonight. Working this weekend and he is coming with me.

Trying to prepare him for the cold weather coming on Sunday....

Hi everyone!

I couldn't be happier.

Have a great weekend....

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
Happy Friday!!

This is the email I received today. This appointment is for him to pick up packet #3. Could he use this appointment to drop off the DS230 that he already has? I sent it to him a few days ago. And if so... Will they give him a date for a interview at the same time?? Or will they give him another appointment to come back for packet #4???

Thank you for your email. We have received Mr. Scarlett's file and he may come in to the information window January 18, 2007 at 1:30 to collect his packet. Please advise Mr. Scarlett to take with him this conformation letter of appointment and a valid ID.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy- Kingston

Sonshyne,

You're picking up speed and moving forward! Congrats! My finance was able to fill out the DS230 right there and hand it in when he was finished but that was before the move and all the changes. Hopefully he'll meet someone nice and cooperative. Luck! :thumbs:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Friday!!

This is the email I received today. This appointment is for him to pick up packet #3. Could he use this appointment to drop off the DS230 that he already has? I sent it to him a few days ago. And if so... Will they give him a date for a interview at the same time?? Or will they give him another appointment to come back for packet #4???

Thank you for your email. We have received Mr. Scarlett's file and he may come in to the information window January 18, 2007 at 1:30 to collect his packet. Please advise Mr. Scarlett to take with him this conformation letter of appointment and a valid ID.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy- Kingston

Sonshyne,

You're picking up speed and moving forward! Congrats! My finance was able to fill out the DS230 right there and hand it in when he was finished but that was before the move and all the changes. Hopefully he'll meet someone nice and cooperative. Luck! :thumbs:

Yeah things are starting to move fast now :dance::dance: If things go right, he will be here for his birthday in april.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline
Darlene

I didnt change my name either. We are pressing middle age here, and I had my name for so many years, I couldnt quite adjust. And it did seem to be a big hassle to change over all my documents, etc. My mom has my name on quite a few of her investments as well, and so we just decided it was easier for me to keep mine.

I asked hubby what he thought of it, he never really gave me too much of an opinion, I figured I could still change it someday or hypenate it if I Want.

Now...I DID sign everything as his name last on my AOS documents, I wasnt sure how to go about that, but they accepted everything. I guess two years later I am still in limbo. haha

Jill

Thank you again. I didn't even thing about what my mother has in my name too. Thank for the info on the AOS documents.

Darlene,

I was confused about this as well. (How to sign AOS if I wasnt sure I was changing my name). At that time I wasnt real sure I was going to change my name or not. If you know for sure you wont, then when you sign the documents, I would sign them in whatever name you think you will have. Since I didnt know WHAT I was doing, come to think on it, I signed them them my last name - his last name. I figured I would be safe either way then. lol

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline
The Phone card thing I check Rhonda. I get a minute at 6.9 cents. I bought a card for 20 dollars at I Chat and got 292 mintues. Using division and multiplying it comes out right. Tell me if that checks out to be right. There is 0 connection fee and no rounding up after a certian dollar amount. You have had me puzzled all day. hmmmm ???? :)

If you go to the site and click on "I Chat" on the left hand side, THIS is what comes up:

Phone Card Name: I Chat Phone Card Rate Highlights: No Connection Fee calling card.

Super Aggressive Rates To Latin!

Honduras 55 min. Trinidad 118 min.

Dominican 286 min. Haiti 94 min.

El Salvador 157 min. Cell 121 min.

Panama 820 min. Peru 331 min.

Argentina 1360 min. B.A. 2632 min.

Bahamas 421 min. Belize 76 min.

Bolivia 172 min. Brazil 541 min.

Colombia 241 min. Cuba 17 min.

Chile 922 min. Ecuador 112 min.

Guatemala 148 min. Cell 97 min.

Jamaica 244 min. Cell 73 min.

Uruguay 184 min. USA 604 min.

Venezuela 622 min. Caracas 1204 min.

These minutes are for a $20 phone card. I also did it the way you're doing it, click on Jamaica cell and input I Chat and it comes up at 7 cents a minute! It is very confusing.

I swear, this really frustrates me, they very seldom list Guyana and when they DO, its like one of THE most expensive places there is. There is only ONE phone company in the whole darn country, so they really make a killing. It must be the top ten most expensive places to call. I got a phone card that SAYS it is .38 cents a minute to call there, but it usually uses a $10 card in about 4 minutes so I know I am getting slammed on that. As far as calling here, he has to go to an internet cafe to call me, then a girl dials and half the time she doesnt wait for it to connect, then there is this awful echo. Lake said some businessmen started to open a second competing phone company, but they were murdered by the existing company. :( Its rought down there, or we would go start a biz ourself, sure is lots of opportunity.

Jill

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Timeline

Hi family,

I wanted to welcome all the newcomers!

Also congrats to those who deserve congrats and patience to those who need it.

I went to the dr yesterday and they did a punch biopsy. Ouch. Also blood tests, etc. The visit was about $500 all in all. And me with no insurance. How ARE people affording medical care today, its outrageous. I do so hope they find something.

Then I went to the dentist, as I put that off while Lake was here, and havent gone in for over a year (unlike me). That was over $100 without any xrays. No wonder the country is in trouble medical and health insurance wise. Eeeeks.

I finally broke down and am taking a very dangerous anti psychotic med for a 15 day period. Never took anything like that before in my life. And its really funny, makes me really jumpy. I cant imagine how it would calm anyone down. Every time Mom or sis call my name or walk in a room I jump out of my skin. lol Good thing its only for 15 days, wow. It does seem to be helping with my skin tho, lots. Thank goodness. I am at the point where I can only sleep in fits and starts for like 15 minutes at a time and it makes you exhausted.

I think I might have finally got a call from the Narms thing about a job, and I was at the dentist. I have been home almost 24/7 except for yesterday and today, and of course they call while I am gone. So far they havent called back. Phoooey, now that one would have been nice, once a month setups, on your own time.

Boy its COOOOLD here, it was 8 windchill here most of the day. Guess KC got hammered from what I hear tho with snow and ice. Dee, how ya doin? Bad weather??? And did you go to the apptmt on Thursday. Thats crazy that no one bothers to even look at his birthdate and put 2 and 2 together, sheesh! I would be ready to go nutz on their a$$e$.

Wishing you all Good luck, hugs and prayers to all those who need it.

Jill

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Another question!!

As you can tell I am having THOUGHTS running through my head :idea:

Is there anyone on this board who is American and moved to Jamaica to be with there SO? I'm contemplating it - I thought about filing bankruptcy and running away from this place I call MY COUNTRY - Why are they so strict? Some people can walk across the boarder but the man I love can't get here before jumping over hurdles.

Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just venting!

Hi,

Yes, I have twice, several years ago. Depending on the area you live in there might be quite an adjustment. I was in Negril both times and was quite bored the adjustment of not having American things ie, movieplex, 24 hour services, washer & dryers, friends, book stores, malls, was not too bad.

Hello,

I am newly married to a wonderful man that I met in Jamaica.We are very much in love and passionate about being together. This feels like forever!

I think about moving there often. My husband lives in the country, its nice and easy and slow. I have a 21 month old son who I think would have a lot of fun there. But what do I do for money?? We have been married two months and my phone bills was 2x the rent! its crazy! I miss him like crazy though so when your ready let me know!

post-30219-1168679320_thumb.jpg

I'm also posting to let you all know that we are officially moving at the end of the month. We are going to Raleigh/Chapel Hill, NC

Hey Darah -- Nice to hear from you. How was the vacation?

Good Luck on the move :energetic: That takes a lot of guts to do something like that. Let us know how it all works out!!

Ditto Good luck!! Yes :yes: It takes a lot of guts.....More than I have to muster.....Hubby's thinking about going back to LA to work. I keep looking at the big picture cost...cost...cost.vs comfort $ space. In the end I cannot get excited about moving. Finishing school is the most important thing to me right now, making money to support us, and his daughter is the most important thing to him right now. I'm already enrolled, purchased books everything. He's been told that he can works as soon as he gets his passport stamped. So he's ready to up and leave for LA. :help: I've descied to let him go, well I don't think i have a choice :unsure: .... and if the job works out I'll follow later, when if finish the sesmester out...I guess....:huh: I am sooo not happy about the situation. He really hasn't given the job market here in KC a try, so yes I am upset about him wanting to leave just because he wants a "job" and not looking at the big picture. :unsure:

What type of work does your husband do? Why does he think that he has to move to LA to do it? That would make me really sad. The one thing Henry and I always talk about is that we are in this together. We make decisions for us and we compromise if we have to. Why couldn't he get some temporary job for a few months while you finish school and then you can move together???

I am very nervous about our move. Henry is giving his notice today as he is doing overtime today with his boss. It makes me sad that he is leaving a great job. We cannot make a life where we live though...so as Henry says even though it pays great we can never buy a house here and we don't want to stay here so it makes no sense. so we are moving. I don't know if we are making the best choice, but in life you have to take chances and go with your gut!

Edited by doodle

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
Another question!!

As you can tell I am having THOUGHTS running through my head :idea:

Is there anyone on this board who is American and moved to Jamaica to be with there SO? I'm contemplating it - I thought about filing bankruptcy and running away from this place I call MY COUNTRY - Why are they so strict? Some people can walk across the boarder but the man I love can't get here before jumping over hurdles.

Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just venting!

Hi,

Yes, I have twice, several years ago. Depending on the area you live in there might be quite an adjustment. I was in Negril both times and was quite bored the adjustment of not having American things ie, movieplex, 24 hour services, washer & dryers, friends, book stores, malls, was not too bad.

Hello,

I am newly married to a wonderful man that I met in Jamaica.We are very much in love and passionate about being together. This feels like forever!

I think about moving there often. My husband lives in the country, its nice and easy and slow. I have a 21 month old son who I think would have a lot of fun there. But what do I do for money?? We have been married two months and my phone bills was 2x the rent! its crazy! I miss him like crazy though so when your ready let me know!

Welcome Mrs. Forrester!! Congrats on your wedding- and what a lovely couple you too make :thumbs:

Side note to Dee--for a minute there I thought... B) ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

Welcome Mrs Forrester!!!

Congrads to you and your husband :dance: Calling to Jamaica can be expensive, try using a calling card, it will save you some money.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Whaaghan my Yardies Family-

I know...It has been forever since I posted. Things have been great!!! Duane and I are busy living life and loving each other. :luv: Sounds crazy but real!! I tried to catch up a little but I am so far behind that it was pointless. Looks like we have some newbies so welcome everyone!! I hope all the "oldies" are doing great too!!! :D

We are still waiting for the EAD to arrive in the mail. We received a notice from USCIS saying it was returned by the post office as undeliverable.....another joke!!! Just another darn delay in this process...... :angry: We set up an infopass appointment with our local immigration office so hopefully that will come through........Still waiting for AOS FBI checks to clear.... :whistle:

Duane has been busy with his artwork. He is having his first Solo-Exhibition on the 28th so we are busy getting all of that together. He has sold a lot of work so that has helped with the financial stress.....Things are still all bad concerning his son. Last time I posted I mentioned that his crazy ex took his 6 year old son from Jamaica and we thought they were in England...well...it has been over 8 weeks and Duane has still not heard from his son and has no idea where they are. We received information that they are actually in the USA. We have an appointment with the FBI and Dept of State next week. They opened kidnapping charges against her and will help us track that wicked BIIIITCH down. I hope that crazy, evil, wicked women gets locked up for good!!! Since Duane raised his son for 5 years while she was in England, he is going crazy.....I am sure his little boy is devasted. He does not even know his mother well. If we find him, we are filing for custody....As you can imagine, Duane is hurting bad. He has some really hard days but he is trying to keep busy so that he can function. I know I am a grown women but if I ever see that wicked witch....I will revert back to my "ghetto side" and whoop her ASSSSS!!!! :devil:

We had a really nice Holiday Season and it was fun sharing our family traditions with Duane. Next year, we decided that we would go back to Jamaica for Christmas/New Years. Can not wait!!!! I miss Jamaica...... We are also going back in the next couple months because he misses his daughter. At least her mother is normal and acts cool.

My son is adjusting better. He and Duane actually hang out and they enjoy each others company. That has been a nice transition......

Duane and I have been working alot....he goes to his studio daily and I have 2 jobs.....he is still in school and doing really good. He is studying for his driver's liscense but we need to wait for the green card before he can go take the test. (this is crazy California!!!!) So...this leaves very little time to get on VJ and chat!! Just know that I think of all you often and we are truly doing GREAT...HE is my BOO, Best Friend and SOOOOO much more!! It has been worth all the waiting and crazy VISA process!!! Trust me newbies.......it is worth all the stress in the end!!! :wub::wub:

I miss all of you lots and could never have made it through this without all of your help and support!!! I could have never done this without you!! I will try to stop by more frequently....Have a safe and prosperous New Year!!!

Take care-

Kim (L)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.