Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Have a nice weekend!!! :dance:

Jax -- The POLICE RECORD is good for six months. I am sure you will have your interview within that time. If he's in the neighborhood have him go get it -- it will be one less thing you have to worry about. You can do it "expedited" which I believe is 2-3 days (next day might be available now) or "regular" which was like 9 days.

AND =--= there was a time when people were talking about "certified photos" -- I don't think anyone here ever got their photos "certified" in fact, I'm not sure we ever figured out what that was suppose to be. I know Roy didn't do that and we had no problems.

Trinilad -- It's so nice to hear Iffiesha is doing well.

Mindy thanks!!

I just got an update from NVC and they say that I am missing info so they are sending me a letter telling me what I am missing bummer. They reviewed my case quickly it only took 2 1/2 weeks. Now I have 6 to 8 weeks more to wait. They mailed me the info this Friday.. I can't imagine what the heck I even missed I sent so much information in. RATS!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!

Jax

I'm sure it's not a big deal. You will be done before you know it.

Thanks Anna,

I was so mad on Saturday when I listened to the voice message. I really would like him here for Easter. Someone assured me that once I fix the mistake that my paperwork will go back to the top of the file and that they will send it out shortly. Man sure hoping that is right..

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I was looking for deals on grocerys because I am trying to find ways to save when my husband gets here. I found this excellent site called http://www.thegrocerygame.com/. You can sign up for a free trial for 4 weeks. The site offers how to get the best deals at grocery stores. I saved 23 dollars on my first trip. I recomend signing up on Sunday and cutting your copouns out of your Sunday paper. I just marked the items on wanted on the list looked for the copouns and I was off.

The Grocery Game is a easy way to save hundreds of dollars on groceries each month. TERI'S LIST reveals the "rock bottom" prices on hundreds of products each week and matches them up with manufacturers' coupons for the best possible savings at your local supermarket. The Grocery Game has exclusive databases that track manufacturers' coupons along with weekly sales and specials, both advertised and UN-advertised. With TERI'S LIST, the days of time consuming work required for effective coupon-ing are over. The Grocery Game does all the hard work and research, presented in a quick reference format on the internet each week, as TERI'S LIST.

If you like it after the trial its 5 dollars a month.

Knowing that there will be 2 of us living off of my salary any little bit helps. He also eats twice as much as me :lol: !!

Next I am look at the best cable package deal thinking about switching from Comcast to the dish or AT&T. Any ideas B)

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
I found a phone card for 7 cents a minute. It is on the web site http://www.therichcom.com/ and I used the I Chat phone card. IDT was painful at 25 cents a minute pinzoo still painful. I wanted to find a price like the old IDT card and I did. This will save us a few pretty pennys.

Playoffs are on in a half hour whoopie!! Even though the Bears are off I want to see who is going to win today in the wildcard playoffs..

Take Care

Wow! Thanks so much for telling us about this site! I just signed up and I will be trying a card out soon! Is the access number local or a 1-800? Also, are there any hidden fees after the phone call is completed?

Hello family.

Damien and I celebrated 2 our anniversary today :wub: Looking forward to many more...

My mother reserved a nice hotel room for us last night. I decided to keep it a secret from Damien. My friends decorated the room with balloons, rose petals, heart shaped confetti, and Hershey Kisses (heart shape on the bed). They also put Appleton rum, chocolate fondue with strawberries and oils for massages in our room. We had a wonderful night. Damien was pleasantly surprised.

Happy belated anniversary!!

I just got an update from NVC and they say that I am missing info so they are sending me a letter telling me what I am missing bummer.

Sorry to hear that Jax :blink: Good luck - I'm sure it's nothing major.

:yes: you've been breezing through the process; I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good morning!

Only 3 more sleeps and he will be here. I feel like I am counting down for a trip to Jamaica. :dance::dance:

Then we can argue (or should I say) disagree face to face. I don't know if it is because he is getting nervous but he has be short with me. :yes: Oh well, it is the beginning. :whistle:

He will be coming in either at 9:30 pm if all goes well with immigration at JFK or he can catch the 10:00 pm flight and get into Boston at 11:30. I am taking Friday off so we can go out and about and Monday is MLK holiday and I have that off too.

I guess I am getting nervous too!! :)

:dance: :dance: Boy that came fast; are you all set?

I'm getting married this Sunday :dance: and I would like to change my name. Jay wouldn't have it any other way, anyway. I know I'll have to go back to the SS office, but how do I change my name in my passport? How do I handle this name-change when we are applying for AOS etc? Is there a webpage that we could be directed to?

Thanks Guys,

Mars.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!! :dance:

I was looking for deals on grocerys because I am trying to find ways to save when my husband gets here. I found this excellent site called http://www.thegrocerygame.com/. You can sign up for a free trial for 4 weeks. The site offers how to get the best deals at grocery stores. I saved 23 dollars on my first trip. I recomend signing up on Sunday and cutting your copouns out of your Sunday paper. I just marked the items on wanted on the list looked for the copouns and I was off.

The Grocery Game is a easy way to save hundreds of dollars on groceries each month. TERI'S LIST reveals the "rock bottom" prices on hundreds of products each week and matches them up with manufacturers' coupons for the best possible savings at your local supermarket. The Grocery Game has exclusive databases that track manufacturers' coupons along with weekly sales and specials, both advertised and UN-advertised. With TERI'S LIST, the days of time consuming work required for effective coupon-ing are over. The Grocery Game does all the hard work and research, presented in a quick reference format on the internet each week, as TERI'S LIST.

If you like it after the trial its 5 dollars a month.

Knowing that there will be 2 of us living off of my salary any little bit helps. He also eats twice as much as me :lol: !!

Next I am look at the best cable package deal thinking about switching from Comcast to the dish or AT&T. Any ideas B)

Good looking out Jax, thanks for all the money saving tips :thumbs:.

Timeline
I found a phone card for 7 cents a minute. It is on the web site http://www.therichcom.com/ and I used the I Chat phone card. IDT was painful at 25 cents a minute pinzoo still painful. I wanted to find a price like the old IDT card and I did. This will save us a few pretty pennys.

Playoffs are on in a half hour whoopie!! Even though the Bears are off I want to see who is going to win today in the wildcard playoffs..

Take Care

Wow! Thanks so much for telling us about this site! I just signed up and I will be trying a card out soon! Is the access number local or a 1-800? Also, are there any hidden fees after the phone call is completed?

No hidden fees at all. They will call you to verify your information like street address and name. Then you can go back on the site and purchase.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

What's up yaardies fam! I haven't been here in a while, but honestly, I've just been going through a whole lot since the fiasco back in Dec...you know, when things don't go according to plan, your entire existence can be thrown totally out of whack---but slowly, I am trying to get back to some routine and get myself together for the next step in this process...I've see since I've been gone that I've offended some folks....to that I say....Sorry...I felt what I felt, just like you felt what you felt....if that offended you, wasn't intentional...for the rest of you---GOOD LUCK on your upcoming journeys into the new year....for the record, I am NOW planning a destination wedding to Runaway Bay for Oct. of this year...we are not going to let anything negative get in the way of our wanting to be together and celebrate in love!! I will keep you posted with further plans--and if any of you are down there and want to drop by--FEEL FREE!!! I'm actually more excited now about the wedding being down there and having my family and friends experience all of the joy, beauty, and love that is JAMAICA!

I am so glad to hear that you guys are NOT giving up! I am so excited about your future wedding plans! Yay!

Take Care

No hidden fees at all. They will call you to verify your information like street address and name. Then you can go back on the site and purchase.

Awesome! Thanks again! $1.09 a minute has been killing me! :crying:

What's up yaardies fam! I haven't been here in a while, but honestly, I've just been going through a whole lot since the fiasco back in Dec...you know, when things don't go according to plan, your entire existence can be thrown totally out of whack---but slowly, I am trying to get back to some routine and get myself together for the next step in this process...I've see since I've been gone that I've offended some folks....to that I say....Sorry...I felt what I felt, just like you felt what you felt....if that offended you, wasn't intentional...for the rest of you---GOOD LUCK on your upcoming journeys into the new year....for the record, I am NOW planning a destination wedding to Runaway Bay for Oct. of this year...we are not going to let anything negative get in the way of our wanting to be together and celebrate in love!! I will keep you posted with further plans--and if any of you are down there and want to drop by--FEEL FREE!!! I'm actually more excited now about the wedding being down there and having my family and friends experience all of the joy, beauty, and love that is JAMAICA!

I am so glad to hear that you guys are NOT giving up! I am so excited about your future wedding plans! Yay!

Take Care

I am just waiting for Marlon to get his divorce decree in the mail. *ho-hum* *grumble-grumble* It is his birthday today so I called and talked to him for a couple of minutes. School starts for me next week, my last semester! Here's to hopefully submitting our I29 this month. *sigh*

Filed: Other Timeline
Question for the married ladies..Did you change your name when you got married?

I am thinking of not changing mine to avoid the hassle of changing so many documents.

Do you know if Social Security needs to be notified if there is not name change?

For pesonal reasons I did not change my name.

I did not notify social security.

Working in personnel, I understand the hassle.

I've changed my name three times now :blink: ...I hope I have it right now :wacko:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Sorry I bailed out again. Too many happy people here for my situation. I spent the majority of the 8 months in Jamaica with my wife. I'm about ready to try for the third time, if I can ever get past the madness in Kingston. My wife's 3 years is up. This time it should only be fresh photos and another interview, if we can ever get ahold of someone to reopen the case.

I have some interesting information for those who have high phone bills calling Jamaica. Check out http://www.flowjamaica.com I have spoken with their office and they will have a VOIP phone available that we can get for use in the US, that would have a Jamaica phone number. This would also include free calls to/from MiPhone Cell phones. Of course we are still looking at $0.15 cents a minute to a digicel phone, but landline phones cost will be equivilent to normal land line to land line costs in JA.

I was told this would become available next month.

It's good to be back in the US again, hopefully other than the interview it will be close to permanant.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

I am thinking of not changing mine to avoid the hassle of changing so many documents.

Do you know if Social Security needs to be notified if there is not name change?

For pesonal reasons I did not change my name.

I did not notify social security.

Working in personnel, I understand the hassle.

Thank you for your answer.

kissteeth.

Sorry I bailed out again. Too many happy people here for my situation. I spent the majority of the 8 months in Jamaica with my wife. I'm about ready to try for the third time, if I can ever get past the madness in Kingston. My wife's 3 years is up. This time it should only be fresh photos and another interview, if we can ever get ahold of someone to reopen the case.

I have some interesting information for those who have high phone bills calling Jamaica. Check out http://www.flowjamaica.com I have spoken with their office and they will have a VOIP phone available that we can get for use in the US, that would have a Jamaica phone number. This would also include free calls to/from MiPhone Cell phones. Of course we are still looking at $0.15 cents a minute to a digicel phone, but landline phones cost will be equivilent to normal land line to land line costs in JA.

It's good to be back in the US again, hopefully other than the interview it will be close to permanant.

Hi!! Eric Welcome back!!!

Timeline

Take Care

No problem I am all about the best bang for your buck. Wow 1.09 is a lot!!

Trust me I lived with no luxury items for 2 years to save up for my house. Like no cell, no cable, no iternet and yeah the heat turned up to only 60 degrees in the winter.

No problem I am all about the best bang for your buck. Wow 1.09 is a lot!!

Trust me I lived with no luxury items for 2 years to save up for my house. Like no cell, no cable, no iternet and yeah the heat turned up to only 60 degrees in the winter.

Eric it is great to see you back again!! The third time has to be the charm. Thanks for the phone info :thumbs:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Darlene

I didnt change my name either. We are pressing middle age here, and I had my name for so many years, I couldnt quite adjust. And it did seem to be a big hassle to change over all my documents, etc. My mom has my name on quite a few of her investments as well, and so we just decided it was easier for me to keep mine.

I asked hubby what he thought of it, he never really gave me too much of an opinion, I figured I could still change it someday or hypenate it if I Want.

Now...I DID sign everything as his name last on my AOS documents, I wasnt sure how to go about that, but they accepted everything. I guess two years later I am still in limbo. haha

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

I used my maiden name for my new middle name and took Tony's last name. Yes, it's a pain, but it's not hard to change everything - just time consuming!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I was able to print out a form from the SS website, filled it out, sent it in with a copy of the Marriage Certificate and boom -- got a letter in the mail from them about a month later and it was done.

You need to do the same with your Passport. <I believe> you can just go to a Post Office that will accept the Passport Application and do a "change of name." I'm sure they will require your old Passport, new pictures, fee and a copy of the Marriage Certificate. I haven't done this yet but need to.....

**I would make sure that the Marriage Certificates that you send are ORIGINALS. I know that SS required this -- and they sent it back to me with my "letter."

I updated my passport the EASY way. No new pics or fees necessary :no: I just filled out a form at the post office and sent it in with my old passport and they "amended" it - they just type a little sentence in the back of the passport stating the name change. I've used it since then when leaving the country and it works just fine. My passport is good for 7 more years so I'll do it all then!

As for jayandmars, you're the Jamaican citizen right? You will have to update your passport in Jamaica somehow. Maybe you can do it through the mail? I'm not sure exactly.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.