Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NEVER EVER, send regular mail or regular USPS Priority Mail. It took a month to get to fiancee. Since this mistake Ive used DHL & Fedex. Fedex was around 30 dhl was 40.00. Dont sent anything in a box, customs with DHL will hold it & charge you excessively to have fiancee pick up & pay fees. Send a letter size packet.

How should I send Marlon some underwear and a video game? :help:

Just remember he will have to pay duty on it. Sometimes I think it's not worth it to send him stuff. I would just us WU and send money so he can get his own undies. Just my 2 cents.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone here signed prenups? If so, why?

How about considered a prenup?

We have already discussed this topic early on in this thread. :yes: B) :P

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
NEVER EVER, send regular mail or regular USPS Priority Mail. It took a month to get to fiancee. Since this mistake Ive used DHL & Fedex. Fedex was around 30 dhl was 40.00. Dont sent anything in a box, customs with DHL will hold it & charge you excessively to have fiancee pick up & pay fees. Send a letter size packet.

How should I send Marlon some underwear and a video game? :help:

Just remember he will have to pay duty on it. Sometimes I think it's not worth it to send him stuff. I would just us WU and send money so he can get his own undies. Just my 2 cents.

Oh well, guess he will have to wait until he gets here! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im definately doing a pre-nup. But I decided a long time ago that I would do it with ANYONE when and if I ever got married it has nothing to do with Jamaica. What's mine is mine. I worked hard for it. And I would have no problem signing one if someone asked me to. I guess Im just a realist.

Question: I just read some old pages and someone said that their fiance was denied because of past drug(weed) history. Im I stupid or do they really check for ganja? If so we aint getting our visa :wacko: :wacko: If anyone is willing to share I would appreciate it. :help:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Why are they so strict? Some people can walk across the boarder but the man I love can't get here before jumping over hurdles.

I feel your pain :yes: When I first starting talking to Tony I wanted to buy him a plane ticket to come and visit me. I had NO idea that he couldn't just jump on a plane and come to Michigan :huh:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Question: I just read some old pages and someone said that their fiance was denied because of past drug(weed) history. Im I stupid or do they really check for ganja? If so we aint getting our visa :wacko: :wacko: If anyone is willing to share I would appreciate it. :help:

YES, YES, YES - they will DEFINATELY do a blood test to check for ganga :yes: Many people have gotten denied for this already and others have gotten denied just for admitting to past drug use even if their test came back negative :o Tell him to stop smoking NOW and don't even hang around people who are smoking and risk getting it second-hand. It will take 1-3 months to clear out of his system depending on how heavy a smoker he is /was.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Im definately doing a pre-nup. But I decided a long time ago that I would do it with ANYONE when and if I ever got married it has nothing to do with Jamaica. What's mine is mine. I worked hard for it. And I would have no problem signing one if someone asked me to. I guess Im just a realist.

I am the same way! I had made up my mind long before I met Tony - whoever I married was gonna sign one :blush: You never know if a relationship is going to work or not - why add even more stress to it if you don't have to? I am all for pre-nups.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Probably not a good idea to chat about someone when said person (me) can actually see what you wrote.

I stand by what I said. I have looked through this site many times and still stand by my previous statements. I did not find this site as useful as others have expressed. Things that were said on here are the opposite of what we experienced.

:lol: You waited THREE months to come back on here and respond to what she said??? :rolleyes: I don't think it was meant to be any kind of secret that you weren't supposed to see. It is hard for me to believe (and I'm not the only one) that you did not find this site useful. This is the ONLY site I used through-out my entire process and I got everything right the first time. Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for. I'm sure the other 30 or so Yardie members will disagree with you! :P

What exactly did you find on this site that was the opposite of what you experienced?

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

YES, YES, YES - they will DEFINATELY do a blood test to check for ganga :yes: Many people have gotten denied for this already and others have gotten denied just for admitting to past drug use even if their test came back negative :o Tell him to stop smoking NOW and don't even hang around people who are smoking and risk getting it second-hand. It will take 1-3 months to clear out of his system depending on how heavy a smoker he is /was.

Oh SH***T thanks for the info. But is too late. He already had the medical and our next appointment is supposed to be next month. I feel so stupid. I had no idea. I will keep you posted. Thanks for he help. :(:o

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hello everyone....

well mike got his SS number card won't get the card for 2 weeks....but a least that is over with....

going to file for the marraige cert. in a week or so....it is is just a matter of dragging my butt to the courthouse....the date is "set" for the 12th of February...also i am going to go for a interview....ssshh lets keep that on the down low...

just cheking in...

everyone waiting for there interview....just keep you heads up!!! the day will come before you know it!!!

Good to hear from you Shauna and glad things are progressing.

How was the SS process?

it was actaully painless :lol: i had to bring the kids i nanny for cause the parents needed to go away...and they were a mess...wanted to run around like crazy kids...so i took them out to the car and mike did the rest by himself...so proud of him...he is shy around new people..and they game him a letter saying he he will get the card in 2 weeks!!!

OK question.....to file for a marraige license in PA we have to provide a SS #...they said that if you are not a US citizen to tell them and it is ok then....should i wait 2 weeks or go get and say he doesn't have a SS#?? any thoughts???

When he goes for his Medical when they ask him does he smoke weed ? The answer should be NO!!!!! And no matter what else they ask about the past the answer should be no !!!! Not I stopped three months ago or 2 years ago. There is a three year penalty if any other answer other than NO!!!!!!! tell just to say NO!!!

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline

Hey Tanya / Hello Fam.

I just advised someone to do the same thing yesterday. I was so paranoid in the few weeks leading up to my medical. I have never smoked, but I became very aware of people smoking near me. Even found myself holding my breath on a few occasions. A denial would have been disastrous.

Hope everyone's day is going well,

Mars. :thumbs:

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

Thanks Darlene he has a passport, I will have him go get the police report and whatever other things he can get.
You can get the Police Record pretty fast -=- I <believe> the Non-Impediment takes longer and if I remember correctly some people had a hard time getting it <you know, the famous JA tomorrow, tomorrow....> I would start on that one ASAP.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Probably not a good idea to chat about someone when said person (me) can actually see what you wrote.

I stand by what I said. I have looked through this site many times and still stand by my previous statements. I did not find this site as useful as others have expressed. Things that were said on here are the opposite of what we experienced.

:lol: You waited THREE months to come back on here and respond to what she said??? :rolleyes: What exactly did you find on this site that was the opposite of what you experienced?

:lol: :lol:

Me personally, I made some GREAT friends on Everytingjamaican but I didn't get ANY useful information there except someone pointing me here to VJ. Everyone is different but I know I couldn't have done this without all you guys here (F)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

I was so paranoid in the few weeks leading up to my medical. I have never smoked, but I became very aware of people smoking near me. Even found myself holding my breath on a few occasions. A denial would have been disastrous.
:jest: I was sooooo paranoid that I made Roy promise me that he would cross the street if he saw someone smoking -- if he smelled it I told him he was too close :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.