Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Another question!!

As you can tell I am having THOUGHTS running through my head :idea:

Is there anyone on this board who is American and moved to Jamaica to be with there SO? I'm contemplating it - I thought about filing bankruptcy and running away from this place I call MY COUNTRY - Why are they so strict? Some people can walk across the boarder but the man I love can't get here before jumping over hurdles.

Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just venting!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Another question!!

Is there anyone on this board who is American and moved to Jamaica to be with there SO? I'm contemplating it - I thought about filing bankruptcy and running away from this place I call MY COUNTRY - Why are they so strict? Some people can walk across the boarder but the man I love can't get here before jumping over hurdles.

Hi,

Yes, I have twice, several years ago. Depending on the area you live in there might be quite an adjustment. I was in Negril both times and was quite bored the adjustment of not having American things ie, movieplex, 24 hour services, washer & dryers, friends, book stores, malls, was not too bad.

I130 touched 4/22/06

10/5/06Recd 5 EMAILS I130 APPOVED

10/11/06 Rec'd NOA2

11/5/06 Case # recd/ DS3032,I894 mailed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I129 touched 5/19/06

I129 touched 5/25/06

I129F touched 7/3/06

Email regarding RFE- SENT 6/30/06

Rec RFE 7/03/06

Mailed RFE 7/5/06

RFE REC'D 7/8/06

2nd RFE REC 7/14/06

Returned 7/14/06

8/12/06 TOUCHED

8/18/06 3rd RFE

8/22/06 mailed response

8/28/06 Touched

8/29/06 Touched

9/6/06 Touched

9/6/06 Email NOA ON 9/5/06!

9/17/06 Touched-

9/18/96 CASE # ASSIGNED

9/23/06 Rec'd letter dated 9/21/06, stating that petition will be forward to embassy within a week.

10/06/06 Petition rec'd in JA 9/20/06, packet 3 mailed 9/26/06.

10/30/06 Packet 3 picked up DS 230 dropped off

12/21/06 Waiting for Interview date-2 months???????No response from Embassy

1/25/07 Interview date 2/27/07 (planning to attend)

2/08/ - 2/23/07 Trip to JA

2/13/07 Medical

2/21/07 Police Cert not issued

2/22/07 Canceled and Requested new Interview date(which will most likely be in 6 months)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I've been using MobileCaller.com for over a year, I am pretty satisfied with them :yes: But Spirint sounds like something I may have to check into :whistle:

Hello Support Group,

I use mobilcaller.com too. I hated being cut off in mid sentence. It is easy to top up on computer and if you choose "value" is about 19 cents a minute. Worth it for me to not have dial pins over and over again trying to get connected.

Had a talk with fiance today. He does want me to come down for the interveiw. Now Im torn. I want him to come home with me but he has a lot of business to take care of and people to say goodbye to. I dont want to rush him but I dont want to come home alone either. Be careful what you wish for. I'll keep you posted when we get our date. :wacko: :wacko:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok, so I was on the other forum again just browsing to see if the lady had responded to my inquiry..and she hadn't...but while I was looking, another forum member had informed everyone on the site that she had come across the VJ website and how great it was and thought others should check it out, and the lady responded with:

It didn't help me as much as I would've liked it to. Ended up finding out more info on my own.

She also went on to say that someone had recommended her to the site, but she found it basically useless to her....well naturally, I took offense, because I think this entire website has been one of the best things that I have ever found, and everyone in this forum has been extremely open and helpful...so I responded by just letting everyone know all the different kinds of helpful and useful information that could be found up here, how there was a network just for folx from the caribbean, and how everyone on the site has been helpful and how it is probably one of the best places to go if you want to know ANYTHING about the immigration process, before during, and after!! I really kinda think of this place as another family, and I'm actually surprised at how defensive I felt!!! Anyhoo, I'm off to work, so I'll talk to you later. Hope everyone has a nice day!!

Probably not a good idea to chat about someone when said person (me) can actually see what you wrote.

I stand by what I said. I have looked through this site many times and still stand by my previous statements. I did not find this site as useful as others have expressed. I am sorry for that. Didn't say it was not helpful to everyone and anyone....just not me. Things that were said on here are the opposite of what we experienced. Maybe it is just my case. Maybe it is just the centers/embassy/whatever we went through. Who knows.

Yes, I did go through the process. My husband currently holds a 2 year Green card, a social security card, a MO State ID, and a driver's permit. I must've done something right.

No need to knock me for my opinion.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks guys for all of your CORRECT info...I don't really know what's going on with the lady I was speaking with in regards to the process...she seems nice enough, and most of the info that she provided was true...When I sit and think 2 things come to mind: 1) She did NOT attend the interview with her SO, and 2) He WAS granted the visa...and yes, she is American...lives in Missouri...anyway like I said, I don't know why she said what she said, but I'm glad I have you guys...I asked her since when did these rules take into effect as I had talked to SEVERAL members on another site who were allowed and encouraged to attend the interview, however she has yet to respond to my inquiry, so.....with that being said, I don't think I'll be relying on her much more for any real info....

Can anybody give me the phone # and e-mail to the Embassy? I tried e-mailing them before, but they never responded...I'll try again...I want to see if they have scheduled us for an interview yet...Thanks!

Again, not nice to knock someone......

I was told by the embassy that I could not attend the interview. Which was fine with me, cause I was only able to really go long enough to pick him up and bring him home with me. I had done my part by overly preparing him with a barrage of paperwork. Smooth all the way.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Another question!!

Hey Girl,

I told you about the hotel I want to buy in Negril ( :thumbs: our favorite place). Just let me know when you want to "jump ship" and I'll join you!!!!I have thought about it sooooo many times. Did you get my pic? Talk to you later. :yes:

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I've been using MobileCaller.com for over a year, I am pretty satisfied with them :yes: But Spirint sounds like something I may have to check into :whistle:

Hello Support Group,

I use mobilcaller.com too. I hated being cut off in mid sentence. It is easy to top up on computer and if you choose "value" is about 19 cents a minute. Worth it for me to not have dial pins over and over again trying to get connected.

Had a talk with fiance today. He does want me to come down for the interveiw. Now Im torn. I want him to come home with me but he has a lot of business to take care of and people to say goodbye to. I dont want to rush him but I dont want to come home alone either. Be careful what you wish for. I'll keep you posted when we get our date. :wacko: :wacko:

I didn't attend interview, but boarded a plane about two weeks later to and stayed for two weeks so that gave us time to catch up, hang with family and friends, celebrate Christmas, New Years, my bday, and enjoy being a couple at the starting place of our relationship before coming to the US.

Good luck in whatever decision you make

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks guys for all of your CORRECT info...I don't really know what's going on with the lady I was speaking with in regards to the process...she seems nice enough, and most of the info that she provided was true...When I sit and think 2 things come to mind: 1) She did NOT attend the interview with her SO, and 2) He WAS granted the visa...and yes, she is American...lives in Missouri...anyway like I said, I don't know why she said what she said, but I'm glad I have you guys...I asked her since when did these rules take into effect as I had talked to SEVERAL members on another site who were allowed and encouraged to attend the interview, however she has yet to respond to my inquiry, so.....with that being said, I don't think I'll be relying on her much more for any real info....

Can anybody give me the phone # and e-mail to the Embassy? I tried e-mailing them before, but they never responded...I'll try again...I want to see if they have scheduled us for an interview yet...Thanks!

I was told by the embassy that I could not attend the interview. Which was fine with me, cause I was only able to really go long enough to pick him up and bring him home with me. I had done my part by overly preparing him with a barrage of paperwork. Smooth all the way.

Hi, I haven't seen you on here lately...mostly on everythingjamaican.com. How is things? Jilly Bean said the hook up in Chicago was nice. Maybe next time.

Anna

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

NEVER EVER, send regular mail or regular USPS Priority Mail. It took a month to get to fiancee. Since this mistake Ive used DHL & Fedex. Fedex was around 30 dhl was 40.00. Dont sent anything in a box, customs with DHL will hold it & charge you excessively to have fiancee pick up & pay fees. Send a letter size packet.

How should I send Marlon some underwear and a video game? :help:

Timeline

Hello Support Group,

Ricardo I too am waiting for confirmation of an interview date. Lets keep each other updated on our dates. Fingers crossed any day now we shall have a response. Good luck. What paperwork was your Fiancee missing?

Hi, I haven't seen you on here lately...mostly on everythingjamaican.com. How is things? Jilly Bean said the hook up in Chicago was nice. Maybe next time.

Anna

Use DHL or Fedex, it can fit in a regular letter size envelope. I have sent fiancee cds like this. Put his contact # on the package.

08-25-06 Package Sent
Package was redirected to CSC
9-07-06 Recd NOA1
11-14-06 Touch
11-17-06 Touch
11-18-06 Recd Original Birth Cert in mailed
11-18-06 Touch (On Saturday?)
11-20-06 Recd NOA2 in mailbox No emails notices, or website updates @ USCIS, just a perfect letter in mail!!
12-4-06 NVC has packet issued case #
12-6-06 Recd email confirming NOA2 Approval finally.
12-6-06 File in the mail to Embassy per NVC.
12-8-06 Embassy sign for NVC packet
12-18-06 Embassy emails stating Packet 3 in mail to Fiancee.
12-18-06 Embassy provides appt. date & time for Fiancee to pick up Packet 3. Rules have changed.
1-3-07 Embassy receives DS 230
1-19-07 Embassy confirms interview appt. date & time via phone.
1-26-07 Fiancee receives Interview Letter (Packet #4) in the mail. Still no Packet #3
2-20-07 Medical @ Andrews completed
2-15-07 Received Packet #3 in mail

[b]Interview Date: March 13, 2007 9am[/b]
APPROVED 3/13/07
Had to fly back without Fiancee 3/20

PICKED UP VISA @ EMBASSY DAY 22!!!!
Visa Recd-4/4/07
Sweetie enter US 4/5
TEXAS BOUND-TEXAS ARRIVAL 4/11
Fiancee Abandoned 4/18

Ok, so I was on the other forum again just browsing to see if the lady had responded to my inquiry..and she hadn't...but while I was looking, another forum member had informed everyone on the site that she had come across the VJ website and how great it was and thought others should check it out, and the lady responded with:

It didn't help me as much as I would've liked it to. Ended up finding out more info on my own.

She also went on to say that someone had recommended her to the site, but she found it basically useless to her....well naturally, I took offense, because I think this entire website has been one of the best things that I have ever found, and everyone in this forum has been extremely open and helpful...so I responded by just letting everyone know all the different kinds of helpful and useful information that could be found up here, how there was a network just for folx from the caribbean, and how everyone on the site has been helpful and how it is probably one of the best places to go if you want to know ANYTHING about the immigration process, before during, and after!! I really kinda think of this place as another family, and I'm actually surprised at how defensive I felt!!! Anyhoo, I'm off to work, so I'll talk to you later. Hope everyone has a nice day!!

Probably not a good idea to chat about someone when said person (me) can actually see what you wrote.

I stand by what I said. I have looked through this site many times and still stand by my previous statements. I did not find this site as useful as others have expressed. I am sorry for that. Didn't say it was not helpful to everyone and anyone....just not me. Things that were said on here are the opposite of what we experienced. Maybe it is just my case. Maybe it is just the centers/embassy/whatever we went through. Who knows.

Yes, I did go through the process. My husband currently holds a 2 year Green card, a social security card, a MO State ID, and a driver's permit. I must've done something right.

No need to knock me for my opinion.

OMG! Nice to see you here! *hugs*

I will be PMing you soon for some information :)

Use DHL or Fedex, it can fit in a regular letter size envelope. I have sent fiancee cds like this. Put his contact # on the package.

They won't fit in a regular letter size envelope? :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anyone here signed prenups? If so, why?

How about considered a prenup?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

I am wondering if the police record and non impendemnt of marriage can be done without a letter for the interview? I am going to have my fiancee gather up whatever he can now while we are waiting.

I am going to prepare the DS156 and whatever else in in packet #3 and send them to him. My question is.... Does he need to make an appointment to turn packet #3 in??? And also will he receive Packet #4 at that time or is that mailed to him also?

As far as my banks account... Does it have to be a letter from the bank? Or would copies of my account be good enough? It shows how long I've been banking with them?

I am at a point in this process where I don't know which way to turn :wacko: Or where to start first :help:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am wondering if the police record and non impendemnt of marriage can be done without a letter for the interview? I am going to have my fiancee gather up whatever he can now while we are waiting.

I am going to prepare the DS156 and whatever else in in packet #3 and send them to him. My question is.... Does he need to make an appointment to turn packet #3 in??? And also will he receive Packet #4 at that time or is that mailed to him also?

As far as my banks account... Does it have to be a letter from the bank? Or would copies of my account be good enough? It shows how long I've been banking with them?

I am at a point in this process where I don't know which way to turn :wacko: Or where to start first :help:

The appointment letter is only needed for the medical. You can get everything else before. My guy was still in Alaska and his mom got the process going for him before he got home. It is a good thing to get going on so that you do not have to have it expedited and you will save some money.

Does he have his passport?

I am now lost as to the new Embassy rules. Appointments for everything :blink::wacko:

Sorry I cannot help with that.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Thanks Darlene he has a passport, I will have him go get the police report and whatever other things he can get.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.