Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For anyone who recently had the interview for the fiance visa in Kingston, can you remember whether they accepted the income tax return copy printed out from the tax software as Turbo Tax or whether they insisted on the IRS generated tax transcript. I sent the last three years tax return transcripts that I got from the IRS to my fiance and she seems to have misplaced 2005. I have my copy from TURBOTAX that I saved. I am wondering whether that will be sufficient. It is too late to order the IRS transcript in time for next Monday.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For anyone who recently had the interview for the fiance visa in Kingston, can you remember whether they accepted the income tax return copy printed out from the tax software as Turbo Tax or whether they insisted on the IRS generated tax transcript. I sent the last three years tax return transcripts that I got from the IRS to my fiance and she seems to have misplaced 2005. I have my copy from TURBOTAX that I saved. I am wondering whether that will be sufficient. It is too late to order the IRS transcript in time for next Monday.

It's close but you might get it in time. Call 1st thing tomorrow. They told me 4-5 days, but I got mine in 3 days. Good Luck. As for whether they accept the Turbotax, I am not sure. Mine were H&R Block. According to Henry they did not scrutinize them too much.

Maybe one Caribbean man to another, I may be able to share me lil bit of wisdom with him.

Hey Kelly -- That sounds like the best thing yet!!

Ditto!!!

Double Ditto!

Does any one now with I-864 form do I need notraized copies of my last 3 years of tax returns or may I copy the tax forms and W-2s and send them in?

Thank you,

Jax :luv:

Mine were not notarized and Henry was ok. The only thing I ever notarzied was the I-134 and the bank letter.

I get fustrated sometimes sending D's daughter's mother money. I know he has to support his daughter, but when I hear her say, "we" depend on the money to be able to eat. It bothers me. I'm like, who are we supporting here? Your daughter or her mother and her family :blink: She was upset cause the debit card went sent them in the mail did not work cause he forgot to activate it.

OHHHHH.......I totally feel you on this!!!! I know that Duane has to support his kids but I get so annoyed when I feel like we are taking care of the whole entire family.....At least his daughters mother works and tries to take care of half the expenses....she also is very understanding and does not complain about money ever!!!! but......."rassclat" sons mother is another story. She sits around all day doing nothing!!!! I try to be supportive but it is hard to hold my tongue sometimes...... :yes::yes:

Henry has no children, but there are family needs.

I swear ladies, we must have the most chewed up tongues (from biting and holding them) :lol::lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

On a good note........we received notice that we have our AOS interview on December 7, 2006. It seems kinda fast (I am NOT complaining though!!!!.... :no: ) considering that we have not received the EAD yet. Is that normal????

Congrats :thumbs: Wow, that is fast! That's less than 3 months from the time you filed! Our interview was approx. 8 months from the time we filed :unsure: We got the EAD and AP before we even got the letter w/ the date of our interview.

I get fustrated sometimes sending D's daughter's mother money.

OHHHHH.......I totally feel you on this!!!! I know that Duane has to support his kids but I get so annoyed when I feel like we are taking care of the whole entire family.....At least his daughters mother works and tries to take care of half the expenses....she also is very understanding and does not complain about money ever!!!! but......."rassclat" sons mother is another story. She sits around all day doing nothing!!!! I try to be supportive but it is hard to hold my tongue sometimes...... :yes::yes:

I hear you on this :yes: Tony has 2 kids by the same woman, and she is constantly bugging him for money :angry: Even right after we brought $300 worth of clothes and shoes down there for them AND took them school shopping and spent another $200, she wanted MORE $$$ Go get a job b****! :ranting:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone. Happy Monday :P

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Good morning all.. Congrads to all who've had their interviews :dance: . And best wishes to those who have interviews comimg up :dance: .

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Good morning everyone!! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Shemanya it was good to finally meet! Good luck to those of you who have interviews this weekend!! I know you'll be fine!!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning!

I am leaving Thursday morning arriving in Kingston at 12:30 our time.

It will be nice when we are in the same time zone as Jamaica.

I have lots of butterflies...........

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning!

I am leaving Thursday morning arriving in Kingston at 12:30 our time.

It will be nice when we are in the same time zone as Jamaica.

I have lots of butterflies...........

i am sure you do!!! i am getting a lot of those too!!!!

yes....that will be nice when the time changes on Sunday....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

mahnin' peoples!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

:dance:Congratulations Jonesie & Drew :dance:

Kim -- I am thankful that I haven't had that kind of problem -- yet.....Roy never asked me for much of anything. If we would go shopping I would grab something and tell him HE needed it. Money issues can be huge in this type of situation. The most important thing (I think) is to get him to understand how much things cost and how much $$ is actually being brought in. It might take some time and won't be pretty but.....that's all you can really do until he can get a "real" job. And it doesn't necessarily stop there....Roy is working at a local grocery store -- they have now cut him back to three hours a day -- six days a week. It's not because he isn't doing a good job -- the complete opposite. He is doing his job so good and fast that they don't need him for so many hours. That comes out to $100 a week.....He takes $20.00 from his check and gives me the rest. Believe me, $80.00 a week doesn't really pay for anything.....if he wants something it now comes out of "his" money. It will get better.....once the understanding is there.

BUT LET ME TELL YOU -- Roy was keeping his shoes in the bedroom closet. I came home from work the other day and he was so damn proud of himself....his shoes now have a bedroom all to themselves :lol: They are all laid out in one of the spare bedrooms. :help:

Rhonda -- It's my Halloween avatar.....I have one of a puking pumpkin too!
Really? I thought that was a pic of you when you get mad at Roy!! :lol::whistle::innocent:
You are such a funny little girl!! :jest::lol::dance:
Which way is the best safest and fastest way to send mail from JA to USA????
I've used Fedex a few times and had good luck with that. I never used DHL so I don't know.
I have always used FedEx too -- never had any problems
quick question....should i print out ALL the records fromthe phone card i use?? i have used differnt ones...so just a couple or all??
I guess it's totally up to you -- I would bring them -- you can NEVER have too much proof!! They'll probably never even look at them.....
One question is "DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN THE US " YES NO Other question: DO YOU INTEND TO STUDY IN THE US. YES NO
Well....tell the truth. Yes she plans on working in the US (pending approval of course) and if she is planning on studying -- yes.....and you could explain that she wants to further her education.
Y'all I am seriously thinking of going back to shcoool. A lot of people tell me I missed my calling and need to go do psychology. I think I will specialize in immigration trauma counseling. I am totally serious here. :yes:
I think that is a wonderful idea!!! I will be your first appointment!!
Does any one now with I-864 form do I need notraized copies of my last 3 years of tax returns or may I copy the tax forms and W-2s and send them in?
It doesn't need to be notarized but you might want to get the "tax transcripts" directly from the IRS. I did and it just made me feel better -- it's not a requirement
If you can get the "transcripts" from the IRS I would at least try.....if you have the year before and the year after (I think) you will be just fine. It shows a pattern and just because you don't have the "actual" papers for 2005 -- TurboTax should be just fine.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

Bert has worked in a crusie ship for 10 years and a question on one of the forms is list all countries your have entered in the last 10 years.

How would you answer this?

WE ARE DONE!!!

That's a good one.....if someone doesn't/can't answer you in here I would also post this in the K-1 forum. If you get an answer there I would love to hear what it is....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
That's a good one.....if someone doesn't/can't answer you in here I would also post this in the K-1 forum. If you get an answer there I would love to hear what it is....

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a try. :thumbs:

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
On a good note........we received notice that we have our AOS interview on December 7, 2006. It seems kinda fast (I am NOT complaining though!!!!.... :no: ) considering that we have not received the EAD yet. Is that normal????

Congrats :thumbs: That was fast.

Hello VJ family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.