Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Two last questions. So I filled out that VISA application form for Iffeisha and I have two questions that I am not sure I know how to answer.

One question is "DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN THE US " YES NO

The example on the VJ website says to answer YES -PENDING EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION- EMPLOYER UNKNOWN

Is that safe or should the answer be NO.

I used the answer the example gave and it was no problem. I said NO for studying abroad because I honestly didn't believe Tony would be doing much schooling. He's taken some ESL classes but that's about it. What does the example say for that one? I would follow it.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been having some major money issues (fights) in our house the last week or so.

I finally got sooooo pissed the other day because I feel like he is selfish and does not understand how bad that I am struggling financially. .........If I knew that he was struggling to pay the bills, I would NEVER ask him to buy me a $80.00 halloween costume or the "most expensive jacket he tried on". I would settle for something more reasonably priced and not ever ask........

Am I the only person who has gone through this????

No, you are not the only one :no: The first 6 months were the absolute worst as far as money issues go, but they never really go away. It is well-known that the #1 topic married couple fight over is money/ financial issues! And it's even worse with our relationships because our men can't even work when they get here. I think a lot of JA don't understand all the bills we have - Tony got so overwhelmed when I tried to explain to him where all the money goes ($1000 mortgage, car payment, EL bill, gas bill, cable bill, cell phone bill, car insurance, etc.. the list goes on and on) When Tony lived in JA he only paid $100 a month for his apartment and NO utilities :o And of course no car, so no car payment or insurance. It's just very, very difficult for them to grasp the concept of SO much money going to pay bills each month.

The other thing we also struggled with (and still do) is that everything has to be name brand :wacko: Nike, Puma, Timberland, Reebok - all his stuff has to be top of the line. I had a REAL problem with this when I was paying for everything and he wants $120 pair of boots!!! They are just so used to having that stuff in JA they don't know any other way. One compromise we came up with was that I told him if he wanted Timberland boots, I would buy them, but they were going to be his X-mas present :lol: I also took him to Old Navy which apparently is kinda popular in JA. Their prices are awesome - jeans on sale for like $20! Other than that, we just looked for stuff to go on sale. I'm not sure if you have a Kohl's by you, but they're constantly having sales and they carry a lot of name brands Tony likes.

It does get better, just hang in there. Now Tony has his own savings account and when he gets his paycheck, he keeps some out for his spending money, gives me some for bills, and saves some ;) This was his idea and he went to the bank and opened it all on his own. I was so proud :D

One more thought, can he possibly work under-the-table until he gets his EAD? There's lots of that type of work around here - construction, roofing, painting, landscaping, etc. - and I'm not saying he did and I'm not saying he didn't :whistle: but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea :innocent:

Good morning Rhonda :)

Good morning! You're up early. I haven't been to bed yet :hehe: I'm still at work.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello-

We had a really good talk last night and we finally got to a point that I think both of us understands one another a little better now. This money issue will take time. This is a hard issue to resolve but I think it will get better once he starts working and making his own money.

On a good note........we received notice that we have our AOS interview on December 7, 2006. It seems kinda fast (I am NOT complaining though!!!!.... :no: ) considering that we have not received the EAD yet. Is that normal????

Is there anything that we need to do now to get prepared for the interview?? What do we need to bring to the interview?

Have a great Sunday everyone!!! (L)(L)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello-

We had a really good talk last night and we finally got to a point that I think both of us understands one another a little better now. This money issue will take time. This is a hard issue to resolve but I think it will get better once he starts working and making his own money.

On a good note........we received notice that we have our AOS interview on December 7, 2006. It seems kinda fast (I am NOT complaining though!!!!.... :no: ) considering that we have not received the EAD yet. Is that normal????

Is there anything that we need to do now to get prepared for the interview?? What do we need to bring to the interview?

good news all the way around!!!! :D

wow that was very fast for you interview...you just filed right?? the sooner the better!! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello-

Congratulations on the fast interview Kim :dancing:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello-

Congratulations on the fast interview Kim :dancing:

Congrats on the long talk and congrats on the interview.

The interview notice itself has a checklist of what to bring. Our interview did not deviate from that list - she only wanted what the list said and gave me back everything else.

You will need updated job letter

and things with both your names - insurance polices, rent receipts, joint bank accounts. She (the interviewer) was very careful in making sure she had those.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Hello-

Have a doc that may be of help. I am goint to e mail it to you cause I am not sure I can attach it to this message. There is a chapter here that will guide you through the rest of the process. A PDT. file so you will neeed adobe acrobat to open

Hello-

Have a doc that may be of help. I am goint to e mail it to you cause I am not sure I can attach it to this message. There is a chapter here that will guide you through the rest of the process. A PDT. file so you will neeed adobe acrobat to open

Hello-

Filed: Other Timeline
So I am here going over the last set of documents. It says to bring copies of marraige certificates if applicable. Since I have a divore decree from my previous marraige, I am assuming this is not applicable. Am I correct in my assumption or do I need to go to vital records and get a copy of the marraige certificate even though I have the divorce decree?

I took both (marriage certificate and divore decree) they never looked at either. I was confused too. :blush:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Does any one now with I-864 form do I need notraized copies of my last 3 years of tax returns or may I copy the tax forms and W-2s and send them in?

Thank you,

Jax :luv:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Jonesie :luv:

Congratulations!!! The Lord has truly been blessing you (F) Enjoy it! You both deserve it and much more :star:

:dance::yes::dance:

[Not a stupid question at all :no: Click on the "quote" button and then the "reply" button at the bottom of the post. Delete what you don't want but be sure NOT to delete the

at the top and at the bottom or the whole thing will be messed up. It took me forever to figure this out.

Me too. :lol:

Two last questions. So I filled out that VISA application form for Iffeisha and I have two questions that I am not sure I know how to answer.

One question is "DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN THE US " YES NO

The example on the VJ website says to answer YES -PENDING EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION- EMPLOYER UNKNOWN

Is that safe or should the answer be NO.

Other question: DO YOU INTEND TO STUDY IN THE US. YES NO

What is the correct answer.

In both cases it is obvious that SO will work/ and or attend school at some point in time. So nothing is wrong with saying YES. Or should you say NO to avoid suspicion that you are migrating for employment or educational purposes.

We answered no to both, Not sure what they wanted to hear. :huh:

Darlene, Nanny, and Trinilad - good luck on your upcoming interviews

Ditto!

Which way is the best safest and fastest way to send mail from JA to USA????

I've used Fedex a few times and had good luck with that. I never used DHL so I don't know.

well goodnight ladies....i have to work this weekend :wacko::wacko:

I feel your pain :angry: I'm working all weekend too :ranting:

I did too :angry: Hubby went out of town for a soccer tournament. I've missed him, he'll be back tonight tho :devil:

Hugs to Kim. I feel you, girl.

Y'all I am seriously thinking of going back to shcoool. A lot of people tell me I missed my calling and need to go do psychology. I think I will specialize in immigration trauma counseling. I am totally serious here. :yes:

Yes Kim, just hang in there. Like Jonsie said, It'll pay off in the end. You'll have to find a way to convense him that the painting will have to be put on hold until he has a Pt job to support the expenses. Good luck.

Elizabeth, I'm in like flin!!! We could all go into buisness together :yes:

I get fustrated sometimes sending D's daughter's mother money. I know he has to support his daughter, but when I hear her say, "we" depend on the money to be able to eat. It bothers me. I'm like, who are we supporting here? Your daughter or her mother and her family :blink: She was upset cause the debit card went sent them in the mail did not work cause he forgot to activate it.

Edited by Denden

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

[Great news ,that was really speedy.

Shar

quote name=kimlbs' date='Oct 22 2006, 10:59 AM' post='521105]

Hello-

Timeline
I get fustrated sometimes sending D's daughter's mother money. I know he has to support his daughter, but when I hear her say, "we" depend on the money to be able to eat. It bothers me. I'm like, who are we supporting here? Your daughter or her mother and her family :blink: She was upset cause the debit card went sent them in the mail did not work cause he forgot to activate it.

OHHHHH.......I totally feel you on this!!!! I know that Duane has to support his kids but I get so annoyed when I feel like we are taking care of the whole entire family.....At least his daughters mother works and tries to take care of half the expenses....she also is very understanding and does not complain about money ever!!!! but......."rassclat" sons mother is another story. She sits around all day doing nothing!!!! I try to be supportive but it is hard to hold my tongue sometimes...... :yes::yes:

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline
Does any one now with I-864 form do I need notraized copies of my last 3 years of tax returns or may I copy the tax forms and W-2s and send them in?

Thank you,

Jax :luv:

Okay I figured out my own question. I have done all the forms I need to do now until the interview. Just sat down today and filled them all out. I filled out the DS one that Dwain will get to that many said there fiances/husbands weren't getting around to. So I will be sending him that one to sign. I think he keeps this one right and gives it to the Embassy in Kingston. I just need to scan a bar code to put on it and everything is all set to go. Thank goodness for this site its helped me understand everything and get it all done before hand to save time. What a life saver. Phew :yes:

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.