Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi Kimone!! Kisses to you, Richie and the twins!

Have a great weekend everyone! (F)

Hi. You have a great weekend too. I haven't been here in ages and trying to catch up. Wow, have I missed a bunch....

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!!

Interviewed this mawnin.....I'll let him (L) post his experience ;)

But I'll spread the news We were

APPROVED !!!! My man is coming home ya'll :dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATS :thumbs:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kelly

Sorry things are sucking. Advice is what you ask for when you know the answer and wish you didn't. I wish I could say this stuff is out of the ordinary and unexpected...it's the curse of the Caribbean. I think the bottom line is you sound very very unhappy. Even if NOTHING was really going on (but I doubt that), the fact that it's upsetting to you and he apparently doesn't care, is enough. My girlfriend here with the yard husband just went through a similar big blow out--after a birthday card came in the mail for him, complete with perfumed photograph of a girl. I mean, why would he even give her his address?? Again, the story of she's just a friend. THe condoms in the car? Oh, someone else left them there. Why he isn't home until 3, 4, 5 a.m.? Well, he fell asleep on someone's couch and/or he was drinking and didn't want to drive.

Wish there was some nicer answer, but my experience is: if it walks like a duck, and looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's usually...a duck.

Now, having said all that, I wouldn't say that's an automatic deal breaker; if he's good to you, you are generally happy, etc., it could certainly be worth letting things shake out a little and seeing what happens. But if fidelity is your first priority--his actions don't bode very well, do they?

Ann

In the closet, hiding? What's up with that?

At this point he should be on his hands and knees kissing your toes and begging for forgiveness.....Kelly, you know what you need to do.....and what you choose to do is 100% your choice and business. Do what your gut tells you to do. Life is too short to spend any time of it with regrets......

"I" KNOW that he SHOULD, but he's not !!!! That just reassures me that I AM doing the right thing. I printed what you've ALL said and I said to him (cause he THINKS I'm saying goodbye because of YOU all and your influence) ...I said, these are postings from MATURE, responsible adults ...some married and some getting married and you MAY learn something from what they've written. Although it's TOO LATE for us....

So he's reading and then says, I never told you about a girl that I work with. I said, no.....he said, yeah I have and I said, well you may have said you TALK with people at your work, but you NEVER mentioned anyones name called SWEETS ....and he said, oh well, I never said her name to you!!!!

DAG, he just does NOT get it. Don't worry, I'm not calling anyone. That's not my style and I KNOW it goest both ways......him AND her !!! What matters is HE allowed it.

He keeps thinking that this chic SLIPPING her number in his pocket is acceptable......and he says, what was I supposed to do? He said, I didn't put her number in my phone, because you keep checking my phone and I said, but keeping a NUMBER IN YOUR POCKET WAS OKAY?????????????????????????????? Without even TELLING me about it????

I was like, I'm done....call someone that you can stay with SOON!!!!!!! It's over and he said, yeah I'm not going to fight you about this. You want it over it's over!!!

Oh my :unsure: Still catching up...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks!

Frustrated, pissed, ready to LOSE my mind, etc etc etc I'm TRYING to keep that "happy face" in front of my son, because if he sees me pissed off at Craig, those that have kids know, they go into PROTECT mommy mode !!!!!

A long time ago I was in a relationship like this... I lived with a guy for 8 months. He signed up for the military army reserves so he could go to school on a fasfa anyways.... This women kept calling my house phone and she would hang up when I would answer. I felt that she was being very immature. He meet her at school as she was to tutor him. Right tutor him in late night 101.. Why I was taking care of house and bills he was off having fun. She called one night to tell me she was seeing him. But I never wanted to talk to her. I kicked him out the next day on his bike. He could only get his things out in one hour the rest of his items went in the trash. I understand the trust thing and other girls number. I would never ever go back to this. Sorry this is happening to you. The girl actual kept calling me every day and leaving me messages crying that she was pregant. I would just laugh I thought it was funny. I explained to her once he was lazy and going to use you. I had moved and a year and a few months later after the incident she found my new address and wrote me how crappy her life was. I was like how the hell did she find my address since its unlisted. Sux to be her... My advice if you have a feeling its pretty good that its happening.

Everybody has good advice on this topic too.

Kelly totally sorry this is happening. I hope things get better for you down the road. :luv:(F)

It's $14 a week if you attend meetings but you don't have too. You can also join online.

Mindy - they have excellent Core receipes and more infor on weightwatchers.com.

I joined online and its cheaper and you can attend meeting now with your pass card. I just realized they have bunchs of recipes on their for the point system or the core receipes. I bought two books to help me out dinning out and the points for all the foods. Oh I aslo bought a cookbook and then I was like hmm I didn't need to spend the money on this book when I can get a lot of receipes online.

I am one of those who follow the guidlines but am only loss 1/2 a pound a week. Hopefully on my fifth week I will get that red book mark for 5 pounds. Almost there .4 to go ahahah. I just dropped my curves membership to cause thats not helping and I am just going to workout at a normal gym for now on where I burn more calories.

Today I got an after school job teaching 3rd grade two days a week with the after school program. This will help me get money for all this visa work. I was adding the cost up and just amazed on all the work and cost of it all. Not looking foward to it..

Have a good night everyone!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Kelly, my heart really goes out to you. So sorry you have to experience this pain. Hugs to you.

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Home computer finally fixed...catching up (yes I know it's late :lol:)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay...mi yeye a hot mi (tiyad to rass) so I'll catch up tomorrow...but from what I read on this page, congrats to Savanah and Phil, and my heart goes out to you Kelly

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

THANK YOU again for all of your support, advice, suggestions and opinions. I truly truly appreciate it !!!!

After the "coming out of the closet", we had hours upon hours upon hours of talking. This is in NO way shape or form brought us completely back to where we NEED to be......but yesterday he was back to the same ole same ole ...."a" you know what !!!

I am preparing to get my s**t together, try my best to proceed with an anulment. My lawyer friend gave me some really good information and I'll start making the calls on Monday.

Thanks again everyone.

Have a great weekend. It's cold as ......well, you know what here in Maryland !!!!

(L)

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone,

THANK YOU again for all of your support, advice, suggestions and opinions. I truly truly appreciate it !!!!

After the "coming out of the closet", we had hours upon hours upon hours of talking. This is in NO way shape or form brought us completely back to where we NEED to be......but yesterday he was back to the same ole same ole ...."a" you know what !!!

I am preparing to get my s**t together, try my best to proceed with an anulment. My lawyer friend gave me some really good information and I'll start making the calls on Monday.

Thanks again everyone.

Have a great weekend. It's cold as ......well, you know what here in Maryland !!!!

(L)

Take care Kelly (L)

Michele

congratulations!

3/27/06 Got Married - Whopeee!!!!!

4/06/06 Mailed I-130 only (Not ready to mail other documents yet)

4/12/06 NOA1 on I-130

7/20/06 Mailed AOS Package (I-485, I-765, I-864, no medical documents)

7/25/06 I-130 Approved

7/27/06 NOA1

8/15/06 Biometrics

8/21/06 Completed Medical - $250.00 - Yikes!!!!

8/24/06 Received Medical report from Doctor

8/28/06 Mailed RFE to Lees Summit - Medical

9/05/06 Touched (I-485) - Received Medical

9/09/06 Touched (I-485)

9/23/06 Touched (I-130)

9/23/06 Touched (I/765) Approved

9/28/06 Touched (I-765)

10/2/06 Received EAD Card

10/3/06 Touched (1-765)

10/21/06 Received Interview date - 12/06/06

12/04/06 Touched I-485 & I-765

12/06/06 Approved pending name check - bummer!!! - So the AO says

02/03/07 59 days and counting since interview....

02/09/07 Best touch ever!!!! Got welcome notice emails!!!!

02/12/07 Touched (I-485)

02/13/07 Touched (I-485)

02/14/07 Touched & Emails ("We ordered the production of your card...")

02/20/07 Card received in the mail!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Lifting Conditions

12/09/2008 Mailed package

12/18/2008 NOA 1

1/06/2009 Biometrics

1/07/2009 Touched

5/17/2009 Approved!!!!

6/12/2009 Card produced. No status change on the website.

6/20/2009 Received card in the mail

Citizenship (Final Leg)

11/16/2009 Mailed package

11/18/2009 USCIS received package

11/20/2009 NOA1

11/24/2009 Check cashed

01/06/2010 Biometrics

03/01/2010 Interview - Passed!!!

03/26/2010 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hey guys...I just wanted to know if anyone in the DC/MD/VA area would be interested in hooking up maybe sometime next weekend? If not next weekend, maybe the weekend after? I know there are several of us up here, and I just think it would be cool for us to meet in person, kick back, and have a good time. And if your "boos" are here--bring them too!! :D Let me know what you think.

Tamisha

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Thanks again everyone.

(L)

Kelly,

Stay strong and all the best with things going on. (F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dance:

DITTO :thumbs::dance: Brings back memories

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.