Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am delighted that this thread is in it's 3rd installment. I decided to go check the original Yardie thread and realized that we missed our first anniversary. This thread was first started on July 16, 2005 by yours truly. :luv:

For a little reference, our original thread which reached 808 pages is now stored in the VJ archive (sell off, :lol: )here's the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=51417

Thread two, which reached 379 pages is linked here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41

And here we are at number three...in honor of our one year anniversary, I'm in a little bit of a throw back mood. So much has happened over the last year for many of our original members and we've added so many new members along the way. There have been numerous marriages, a couple pregnancies, we even had a few babies so far. We've had some members completely disappear, some relationships never worked out, some have been rocky and some have been great. But througout it all, we've all come here to share stories, b!tch and moan if necessary, joke and laugh, offer support and advice, answer difficult questions and offer immigration insight. The VJ Yardie thread is a virtual family in every sense. The love here is deep. I know, that I would not have made it through this immigration thing without you guys. Thank you!!! :P

Now let's get familiar, answer these questions:

Name : Ms Squitto aka Mooma Squitto aka Ten (for my real name, check the yahoo group)

SO's Name: Squito

My Significant Other Hails From : Trelawny, Jamaica

Where is he now?: In BK with me :luv:

Wedding Date: We had two - 2/14/05 for immigration purposes, 7/15/06 our big and official ceremony

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: His AOS was just approved, we're awaiting the greencard

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: My parents are Jamaican and Squito and I met on one of my family vacations to JA in July 1999. He comes from the same place as my mother's family. We met at a street dance in Albert town, Trelawny. I thought he was the finest man I'd ever seen in my life :luv:

Do you have a pic?: Yes our wedding pics are up on yahoo

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: When I had to go toe-to-toe with the moderators before our thread was moved to the regional section :lol:

Who's next?

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squito started work yesterday

Congratulations to you both!!! I know how long you have been waiting for that sense of relief.

Roy started work yesterday too -- he hates it :( Oh well......he'll get over it.

Squitto -- I can't read what you posted in YELLOW.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Thank you thank you thank you a million times. Hearing everyone's support and guidance really helped carry me through my duties last nigth.

Well...I did it. First the parents.

Dad: Totally unhappy, pissed off and feeling like I didn't care about them or love them. He thinks I rushed into it and made a huge mistake. He said he cannot be happy for me.

Mom: Very emotional, not very talkative and seemed very torn between loving me and understanding me and dealing with my father's comments. She seemed to understand where I was at and although it is probably not what she wishes she sees that I am in love and assures me we will find a way...We had a ridiculously emotional conversation which I think in the long run was very good for our relationship. I love her more today than I have ever loved her.

Sister #1: Upset and angry, thought that I had disrespected the whole family, in particular my parents. She said she cannot be happy for me as well. (my sister and dad are exactly the same). I asked her for her love and support and she said she will always love me but she doesn't understand my choice.

Sister #2: Calm, peaceful and accepting. She feels that if I'm happy then she's happy. We always have an open door at her house and she will never let that change. Her relationship with me is way more valuble than trying to prove a point. She was sad she wasn't a part of it...I was sad too.

Now that it is all out in the open I feel much better. I am anxious to see what the next round of conversations will bring..especially with my parents.

Henry cried with me last night and we hugged until we fell asleep. It was a very difficult thing to do. He said that he was very proud of me. I did what I had to do. I love my husband.

Thanks again everyone. If anyone ever goes through this let me know. I got some amazing advice from a few friends of mine as well as you girls that I'd love to share with someone in a similar circumstance.

Blessings and love to all of you. I won't stay away so long this time. :luv:

Name : Doodle

SO's Name: Henry

My Significant Other Hails From : Rejoin, Jamaica (Hopewell)

Where is he now?: Right by my side

Wedding Date: 7/30/2005

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: GC recieved...Lifting conditions Nov. 2007

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: While he was working in the US. Dated for 7 blissful months and continued with 4 vacations before going ahead K1 style.

Do you have a pic?: Yes on yahoo

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: hmmmm.....

Edited by doodle

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
Squito started work yesterday

Congratulations to you both!!! I know how long you have been waiting for that sense of relief.

Roy started work yesterday too -- he hates it :( Oh well......he'll get over it.

Squitto -- I can't read what you posted in YELLOW.....

Oh that's great...congrats to him. Where is he working? And you can let him know that most people don't like there job. This is what I wrote in yellow:

And here we are at number three...in honor of our one year anniversary, I'm in a little bit of a throw back mood. So much has happened over the last year for many of our original members and we've added so many new members along the way. There have been numerous marriages, a couple pregnancies, we even had a few babies so far. We've had some members completely disappear, some relationships never worked out, some have been rocky and some have been great. But througout it all, we've all come here to share stories, b!tch and moan if necessary, joke and laugh, offer support and advice, answer difficult questions and offer immigration insight. The VJ Yardie thread is a virtual family in every sense. The love here is deep. I know, that I would not have made it through this immigration thing without you guys. Thank you!!! :P

Thank you thank you thank you a million times. Hearing everyone's support and guidance really helped carry me through my duties last nigth.

Dad: Totally unhappy, pissed off and feeling like I didn't care about them or love them. He thinks I rushed into it and made a huge mistake. He said he cannot be happy for me.

Mom: Very emotional, not very talkative and seemed very torn between loving me and understanding me and dealing with my father's comments. She seemed to understand where I was at and although it is probably not what she wishes she sees that I am in love and assures me we will find a way...We had a ridiculously emotional conversation which I think in the long run was very good for our relationship. I love her more today than I have ever loved her.

Sister #1: Upset and angry, thought that I had disrespected the whole family, in particular my parents. She said she cannot be happy for me as well. (my sister and dad are exactly the same). I asked her for her love and support and she said she will always love me but she doesn't understand my choice.

Sister #2: Calm, peaceful and accepting. She feels that if I'm happy then she's happy. We always have an open door at her house and she will never let that change. Her relationship with me is way more valuble than trying to prove a point. She was sad she wasn't a part of it...I was sad too.

Now that it is all out in the open I feel much better. I am anxious to see what the next round of conversations will bring..especially with my parents.

Henry cried with me last night and we hugged until we fell asleep. It was a very difficult thing to do. He said that he was very proud of me. I did what I had to do. I love my husband.

Thanks again everyone. If anyone ever goes through this let me know. I got some amazing advice from a few friends of mine as well as you girls that I'd love to share with someone in a similar circumstance.

That is so bittersweet. At least you no longer have to feel as though you're keeping a huge secret. Once your family sees how happy and fulfilled you are, they will eventually come around. I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU DARAH!! :yes:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what i don't understand in regards to the guidelines i am now reading in the AOS section is that i will need to submit 13. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

but i don't have a medical examination, so i am now wondering if the medical result that i gave to the DHS when i came in at miami will they mail those stuff to my fiancee?

what i don't understand in regards to the guidelines i am now reading in the AOS section is that i will need to submit 13. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

but i don't have a medical examination, so i am now wondering if the medical result that i gave to the DHS when i came in at miami will they mail those stuff to my fiancee?

one more thing.........................should i assume that the fact that my birth certificate, medical report etc are in that "DO NOT OPEN" package i gave to DHS when i arrive i won't need to provide these when filing for AOS??????

Remove Condition

Oct-04-2008 filed I-751

Oct-20-2008 NOA from VSC of I-751

Nov-11-2008 Received date for biometric for

Mar-10-2009 Transfered to CSC

May-27-2009 Green Card approved

File Citizenship {N-400}

Nov-14-2009 Mailed N-400 application

Nov-24-2009 Check cashed

Nov-27-2009 Rec'd NOA in mail, dated 11/23/2009

Jan-04-2010 Rec'd Interview date in mail

Feb-02-2010 Interview date

Apr-21-2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

girl that took a lot for you to do that!!!! i bet you feel like a HUGE rock has been lifted off of your shoulders!!!

my mom and i had a very emotional conversation a couple of months ago and she told me flat out how she felt and that she wasn't sure when if ever she would be ready to meet mike..and that hurt a lot!! but at least she was being honest with me...i can see he coming around little by little when i went to JA in june mike's mom did my hair so when i went to visit my parents my mom really liked it and we were joking about her getting her hair done...as far as everyone else they just want to make sure i am happy and that i am treated right....so i know what you have and are going through....we(meaning my parents) reall didn't talk about mike until i got engaged and and this is very sad to say to but when i was around my parents i took off my ring just so there wouldn't be any friction and one day i forgot too and my mom saw and that is when we had the talk....anyway sorry this is so long just felt like i had to comment!!!

hope everyone stays cool today!!

Name : Shauna

SO's Name: mike

My Significant Other Hails From : St.Mary Jamaica(Oracabessa)

Where is he now?: either at the beach or at his apartment

Wedding Date: not yet

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: waiting for the IMBRA rfe to get approved and sent to JA for a appointment...which will never happen

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: we met at Beache's in outside of Ochi...he was the lifeguard at the water slide/kiddie pool...which was great cause i was on a "working" vaction with the family i worked for at the time...and you all know how much kids LOVE water slides...

Do you have a pic?: yup click on my name and there are 2

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I can't read what you posted in YELLOW.....[/color]

If you block it (as if you were about to cut and paste or copy) you will be able to see it (I feel all spy-like. LOL)

BIG KUDOS AND HUGS TO DARAH!!!! Henry is right; you had to do it! One day at time is how you will take it!! Best to you and Henry!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning everybody...Happy Tuesday!!!

Squito started work yesterday. He's working at a furniture warehouse in Queens. So far he likes it. The people are nice and he even met someone from his hometown in Trelawny. We even get a nice discount which is very nice!! I feel like a proud mother who sends her child off to the first day of school. It's so nice to see his progress over the last few months that he's been here. Everyday, I fall deeper in love with my husband (L) . The challenges of the LDR and then all this immigration effery really brought us closer together. Yesterday, in the mail, we finally received Squito's "Welcome to America" letter. As we sat there reading it together, a feeling of peace and calm came over both of us and all we could do is look at each other and smile. The anxiety of our immigration ordeal has subsided...we don't have to think about it or deal with it for the next 2 years. That's such a wonderful feeling :yes::yes::yes:

The letter says his greencard should arrive within the next 3 weeks. We've made the final decision that we will be moving to CT soon. We can move now, the only thing that kept us here was his AOS case and not wanting to shake things up until an approval was handed down. We feel so free :dance::dance::dance:

Hey Squito....that sounds so beautiful!!! What a nice way to start the Tuesday morning........I can't wait fo rthat day to come for us too......it must feel like a ton of bricks lifted...God is good!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks for all your advice and comments. I will try and talk him into staying in Kingston again. Wish me luck!

A few paperwork questions (getting a bit paranoid before the big day)!

I have a marriage and divorce certificate. Both were provided with the original packet. I provided copies. The packet says they need certified copies of marriage and divorce decree. Do I really need to bring certified copies? My divorce paperwork is a certified copy - so I guess I can get another certified copy of that. But I don't have a certified copy of my marriage certificate.

I am going to get my I-134 notarized this week. Will bring copies of an employment letter, my last 3 pay stubs, and my last 3 years 1040 filings (with W2s attached). I am also going to get a bank statement. But on top of all of this, the I-134 talks about providing information on investments and life insurance. I feel that is really excessive. What am I supposed to do, copy all my 401k stuff?

BTW, I decided to reroute through JFK. It was a pain - and more than what I wanted to spend - but I don't plan on getting married until October and I don't want him stuck in the house.

Here are some answers:

You will need a certified copy of bothe the marriage and divorce decree. A couple enxt to us at teh embassy did not have certified copies and they were given a slip to provide further info......so try to get it !!!!!!

Also....they did not ask for any of my life insurance or retirement stuff but I brought copies of everything just in case. I just copied the last statement that I received.

Hope that helps!!!

one more thing.........................should i assume that the fact that my birth certificate, medical report etc are in that "DO NOT OPEN" package i gave to DHS when i arrive i won't need to provide these when filing for AOS??????

I guess I have the same questions....We do have a copy of the DS2032 (Vaccination supplement form) which was given to him at his medical exam. I think the information on this needs to be transferred over to the I-693A....I am not really sure and would love to hear back from the verterans!!!

Name : Kim

SO's Name: Duane

My Significant Other Hails From : Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Where is he now?: He is in my living room painting some beautiful artwork!!!

Wedding Date: August 17,2006 for immigration purposes, 08/07 our big and official ceremony will happen

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: He arrived in Cali on July 19 on his K-1...We are getting "hitched" 08/17/06 and applying for AOS immediately afterwards

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: He is an artist and had a art gallery at the hotel I was staying at with my son. My son encouraged me to go see his paintings and from that point...it was all history!!!! I got the paintings and the artist!!!!

Do you have a pic?: Yes, some updated pics are in Yahoo

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: Finding you guys!!!!! What a difference it has made!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Now let's get familiar, answer these questions:

Name : Ms Squitto aka Mooma Squitto aka Ten (for my real name, check the yahoo group)

SO's Name: Squito

My Significant Other Hails From : Trelawny, Jamaica

Where is he now?: In BK with me :luv:

Wedding Date: We had two - 2/14/05 for immigration purposes, 7/15/06 our big and official ceremony

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: His AOS was just approved, we're awaiting the greencard

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: My parents are Jamaican and Squito and I met on one of my family vacations to JA in July 1999. He comes from the same place as my mother's family. We met at a street dance in Albert town, Trelawny. I thought he was the finest man I'd ever seen in my life :luv:

Do you have a pic?: Yes our wedding pics are up on yahoo

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: When I had to go toe-to-toe with the moderators before our thread was moved to the regional section :lol:

Who's next?

I'm next!!!

Name Jonesie

SO's Name: Drew

Location West Side, Killa Cali, West Coast...whatever you wanna call it

My Significant Other Hails From St. Ann's Bay

Where is he now?: With me

Wedding Date: Feb. 17, 2006 - but renewing vows June 6, 2008 (date not confirmed yet)

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: Interview is in 8 days for AOS!

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: I had lots of vacation time and travelled to JA about 3-4 times a year...it was during my 4th or 5th trip to the island (can't remember which) and my first trip to Ochi that we met. Started out as friends, which grew to a relationship, blossomed in engagement, and now we're full bloom in our marriage

Do you have a pic?: In Yahoo, but they are about a year old :blush:

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: the arguments, then getting booted from our "home" (K-1) down here

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Squitto - congrats on the job!

Doodle - I can't imagine how hard this was for you but I'm proud of you and Henry. I will keep you in prayer

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Darah -- I am so proud of you. I know how hard that was to do. I have had TONS of problems with my parents. Roy got here in January and my father didn't meet him until Memorial Day.....and my parents only live 3 miles from us -- and I work for my mother and I am here at her house every day. Right now -- my mother and father are "accepting" him. He rides his bike over here a few times a week and I catch him sitting in the kitchen "shooting the S*#%" with my father. It does get better....

Squitto -- I just love you!! I have said it before BUT -- I could have NEVER gotten through this process without the love and support of all you ladies (and at times Eric :lol:) Thank you!!

Name: Mindy

SO's Name: Roy

My Significant Other Hails From: Born-Breeze Mill (Clarendon) Lived-Mobay

Where is he now?: Hopefully cleaning the pool or picking up dog poop :lol:

Wedding Date: 3/3/06

At What Point of the Visa Journey are you?: GC recieved...Lifting conditions March 2008

What's your JA connection/How did you meet?: Met at they Wyndam where he worked -- that was February 2004.

Do you have a pic?: Okay, don't even make me go there :lol: :lol:

What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: That day last November when there were like five of us calling the Embassy trying to get our interview dates. If you are ever bored go back to the 1st Yardie Thread and read those few pages. It's a classic!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
What is your most memorable yardie thread moment?: That day last November when there were like five of us calling the Embassy trying to get our interview dates. If you are ever bored go back to the 1st Yardie Thread and read those few pages. It's a classic!!

Lawd I remember that! :lol: I was mad because D said he didn't get an interview date...then come to find out it was for December 1st (I think, seems like so long ago) I had that bet going with you Mindy :P

Edited by Jonesie

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

I just LOVED that day.....it was really at that moment that I realized how much you all meant to me. We've come a long way.....

Yeah, who won that bet?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline
I just LOVED that day.....it was really at that moment that I realized how much you all meant to me. We've come a long way.....

Yeah, who won that bet?

I did :lol: but remember he had wrong birth cert and had to go back to embassy? I was :angry::bonk:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.