Lily1

people between case completion and interview

71 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I'm half filipino. My mother is from the Philippines so it could have been done I'm sure. :lol: But the NVC said to just send in the request for an expedite, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. So...here goes nothing. :thumbs:

Haha, thanks but I know I will be left behind with every other Canadian in the CR category. I think it would have been faster for me to gain Philippine citizenship and filed from there. :lol:
:jest:
:wow: BERN!!! :bonk:

How did I miss your case complete??? CONGRATS!

Is our interview first, kids? I see Lily's on December 10th. We're December 7th. Anybody up next?

Jeepers, the medical is tomorrow. I'm freaking out big-time.

don't worry the medical will turn out good ,,,

well juliee here are the gangs that are gonna be interviewing soon,,, guess who's in the lead lol :thumbs:

:jest: Julie = Dec 7th

Precious = Dec 08

selma and elvin = dec 9th

Lily = Dec 10th

Nenita = Dec 12

Finn = Dec 15

Bankermai= Dec 16

Natt = Dec 21

let me know if i miss any one ,,, good luck !!!

Bern,,, you are not gonna be left out at all hang in there yours will come soon too ,, best wishes !!!

hahhaha :rofl: that was hillarious bern,, yes why did you do that???? :rofl: then you would have been killing two birds at one time !!

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
Well, I'm half filipino. My mother is from the Philippines so it could have been done I'm sure. :lol: But the NVC said to just send in the request for an expedite, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. So...here goes nothing. :thumbs:

Haha, thanks but I know I will be left behind with every other Canadian in the CR category. I think it would have been faster for me to gain Philippine citizenship and filed from there. :lol:
:jest:
:wow: BERN!!! :bonk:

How did I miss your case complete??? CONGRATS!

Is our interview first, kids? I see Lily's on December 10th. We're December 7th. Anybody up next?

Jeepers, the medical is tomorrow. I'm freaking out big-time.

don't worry the medical will turn out good ,,,

well juliee here are the gangs that are gonna be interviewing soon,,, guess who's in the lead lol :thumbs:

:jest: Julie = Dec 7th

Precious = Dec 08

selma and elvin = dec 9th

Lily = Dec 10th

Nenita = Dec 12

Finn = Dec 15

Bankermai= Dec 16

Natt = Dec 21

let me know if i miss any one ,,, good luck !!!

Bern,,, you are not gonna be left out at all hang in there yours will come soon too ,, best wishes !!!

hahhaha :rofl: that was hillarious bern,, yes why did you do that???? :rofl: then you would have been killing two birds at one time !!

i c how that works in your mom side,, hahhaha ,, did you just ask them darn it get it done

Edited by Lily1

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

So what's everyone bringing to the interview? Or your spouses? I'm going to the interview too so I've been printing off sappy emails (but not as many as I sent to USCIS!) since we got married...and I'm bringing a photobook. I think that's it!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline
So what's everyone bringing to the interview? Or your spouses? I'm going to the interview too so I've been printing off sappy emails (but not as many as I sent to USCIS!) since we got married...and I'm bringing a photobook. I think that's it!

ohh finn,, we need to add you on the list ,, for interview date,, oh we are preparing

1/ emails

2/ personal random pictures , any kind , photo with his mom, photo with his the pets, am just saying pic in general lol

3/ itenary when i traveled to see him ( just for the hack of it we won't loose any thing for having it handy)

4/ phone bills

5/ if you have bills you show you paid while traveling etc.

for now that is all i got

other evidence that you think would help would be good to have it handy ,, they won't be upset for proof of relationsship

Edited by Lily1

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Timeline

I so far have lined up,

1) 160 photos of us, wedding and others.

2) E-mails dating back to 2007

3) Snail mail letters he had sent to me during basic training in the army

4) A pressed rose and card, that he sent me while deployed in Kuwait

5) MSN logs, dating back from 2007

6) Facebook wall-to-wall

6) Skype phone/chat logs dating back to March 2009 (Beginning of his deployment)

7) Boarding Passes and Itineraries from each trip

:lol:

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
I so far have lined up,

6) Facebook wall-to-wall

6) Skype phone/chat logs dating back to March 2009 (Beginning of his deployment)

Bern you might as well tell me you got the visa then honey !!!! ,,, way to go i am proud of you !!! i think you are fully equiped ,,, you are rolling :dance::dance:

Edited by Lily1

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Timeline
I so far have lined up,

6) Facebook wall-to-wall

Bern you might as well tell me you got the visa then honey !!!! ,,, way to go i am proud of you !!! i think you are fully equiped ,,, you are rolling :dance::dance:

Mhmm! Thanks. I'm just hoping they don't want to know everyone's birthday since I am terrible at remembering dates. It's so funny looking back and seeing how far my husband and I have come. We met on an online RPG and I used to kill him on it. :lol:

PS. I'm sure we will all kick butt. :3

Edited by Bern.

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
I so far have lined up,

6) Facebook wall-to-wall

I haven't taken a trip since I filed! The trip to the interview will be my first, so the only one I can show boarding passes, etc...

Lily, I'm on the interview list that was posted a few days ago!! :-)

I've also heard to bring another copy of the AOS package...seems like a couple of people had problems with that.

Oh, and I front-loaded my app, including snail mail letters from the 1980s, a ton of emails the past year up until I filed in August, etc...I wasn't going to bring that again (hoping they have it!)...but maybe I should? I have full copies in binders!!!!!

Edited by FinnLove

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Am I the only one not nervous about my hubby's interview? I'm full of excitement about it! I'm going to his interview. Are any of you going to your spouse's interview?

I will be going to my wife's interview. I have been with her in El Salvador since the 9th. We have her medicals done and taken care of. In El Salvador they do two "interviews" now. The first one is Dec 1. It is solely to review all the paperwork. If everything is in order(should be), then we will go back on the 8th of Dec to have the actual interview with an officer. I will be attending both appointments. Time is definitely dragging right now.

I will be taking our wedding pictures and many others of us together over the last year. Until September of this year, I lived and worked in El Salvador. I met my wife here, we married here, lived together here from Feb to September. So obviously I don't have emails, chats, phone logs, etc. But i sent in affidavits from my neighbors and the folks who i work with attesting to the validity of our marriage. And now she's pregnant with twins. If that's not enough to prove a real marriage then I guess we'll be looking for a boat to cross the gulf. ;) kidding. God will carry us through.

Timeline
I will be taking our wedding pictures and many others of us together over the last year. Until September of this year, I lived and worked in El Salvador. I met my wife here, we married here, lived together here from Feb to September. So obviously I don't have emails, chats, phone logs, etc. But i sent in affidavits from my neighbors and the folks who i work with attesting to the validity of our marriage. And now she's pregnant with twins. If that's not enough to prove a real marriage then I guess we'll be looking for a boat to cross the gulf. ;) kidding. God will carry us through.

I can't imagine you having a problem! You're very lucky to have spent so much time with her!

I'm not going to bring anything I already sent with my app. I'll bring some emails since we got married, but hey, they approved us so why repeat ourselves? I'm not worried-I can't wait to tell them our story! However, USCIS sent my photobook back the first day they opened my package, so I'm bringing that to get my money's worth from spending half a day at a camera store making it!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline
OMGOMGOMGOMG. OKAY. Turns out we REALLY have to expedite now. My husband is getting deployed to Japan in June 2010. IM SO EXCITED. :D

Wow, so you get to live in Japan??!!!!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline
OMGOMGOMGOMG. OKAY. Turns out we REALLY have to expedite now. My husband is getting deployed to Japan in June 2010. IM SO EXCITED. :D

YES. FOR 2 WHOLE YEARS. :D I'm SOOO happy. I am the biggest fan of Japan, anime, you name it!! And I'll probably learn the language quickly too since it's a passion and I'll be immersed in it!! But yeah, I have to be there no later than April. So we have to expedite it so I can be there asap. I'll just stay at my mother in law's house until we get the official orders. :D!

dev356pr___.png

Timeline

YES. FOR 2 WHOLE YEARS. :D I'm SOOO happy. I am the biggest fan of Japan, anime, you name it!! And I'll probably learn the language quickly too since it's a passion and I'll be immersed in it!! But yeah, I have to be there no later than April. So we have to expedite it so I can be there asap. I'll just stay at my mother in law's house until we get the official orders. :D!

Wow, what a great experience! How fun! I have a friend who lives there (an English teacher) and she loves it!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.