Seven

Border...a reason for a deny?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I went to USA visit my fiance yesterday. Gotta say i've been already in 2009 visiting him for 3 months but i waited 4 months since then to visit him again 2 months so i think for the words of another officer 5 months a year in total using visa waiver wasn't considering abusing doing the 3 months and later later on the 2...before get the flight tix of this trip i asked embassy and even a USA border officer if i would have any problem using my visa waiver again and telling them the days i stayed before and wanted to stay now and both said no problem.

But yeah...i had a problem...i was for one hour with this officer asking me questions while was checking all my bags (carry on and checked in) the officer did lots of questions that if i do that they would of send me back home like working, studying etc...and then was the question...do you got a boyfriend? and well, don't know if i did right or wrong but i said no and she insisted and i said no (i'm afraid if i just said yes i wouldn't b in USA right now) after all the questions etc she was in computer with my passport and checking in the internet an event i was going...i understand is her job but she wasn't in the mood saying isn't normal my english is good, that i bring evidences of ties in my country, that i bring a credit card....#######

So in the end...i got approved.

The thing is later i was all scared coz we're going to start with the fiance visa in january or february and i was thinking if would be a problem i said this officer i didn't got a boyfriend or would be a reason of deny my future visa...Maybe sounds kinda paranoic but i didn't got a nice trip yesterday and i don't want that after all we went through and are going to go through all mess up for what i said to that officer while was checking my bags...actually i think the officer was trying to check bout the purpose of my trip since i was 3 months and going back for 2.

So the question is that would be a problem or a reason for deny the visa? Should we wait couple of months more to start with the process since this happened?

By the way...in the green thing of the visa waiver of my passport says november to february. My fiance been askin me to stay longer then since in the green thing i could as it says february but i have my doubts coz i said in border in my country and american border i would stay for 2 months and since that problem happened i told him i don't know if it would be a good thing to do and he said me shouldn't be a problem since in the green thing i got permission to stay till february... could i stay like 88-89 days then or should i leave when i said? I know isn't a k-1 issue this last question but well, just in case someone knows.

Thanks so much for your attention. Hoping for your answers

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

You are right to be very careful to avoid any red flags with immigration. They will haunt you when the visa application process is under way. It's best to interpret your current visa in the most restrictive way.

You are legally allowed to stay until the expiration of your I94. If it was the intent of the admitting officer to restrict you to your planned itinerary, she would have only stamped you in for the two months you stated. Extend your trip as you like, but don't overstay your I94.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

You are legally allowed to stay until the expiration of your I94. If it was the intent of the admitting officer to restrict you to your planned itinerary, she would have only stamped you in for the two months you stated. Extend your trip as you like, but don't overstay your I94.

It's really up to the officer that you see when you come through. A week ago my fiance came in POE Washington DC he had just left the U.S. back in August after having been here for 7 weeks. I was really nervous about him coming back and getting stopped but he actually said it was the easiest it's ever been. Simply asked what he was here for and how long he was staying. Obviously he answered the questions and the officer even told him to try to get an earlier flight so he wasn't stuck with such a long lay over. It's too bad people have such a hard time coming through

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Thanks for the 3 answers but what got me worried is if what happened will be a problem or a reason for a deny of the k-1 visa when i start with the process in 2-3 months and if we should wait couple of months more to start since that happened or isn't a problem at all since i went through etc

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.