ellmvl

I'm here!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys, it's been months that I haven't visited this site. I just want to let you know that I arrived here in St. Louis, Missouri last October 21st. A week long rain has welcome me in my new home LOL brrrr so cold. Well I thank God i got here safe and sound. My flight wasn't bad although it was a pain in the @ss to sit on the plane for longgg time. The whole flight duration took 22hrs. When i arrived in Lambert Intl Airport @ 4pm, we had to wait at the airport for my lost luggage until 10pm. Well due to the bad weather condition in Minneapolis, some luggage were left for the next flight. Good thing Delta Airlines had given us free dinner for making us wait that long lol.

It is so nice to finally be in my husband's arms after 1yr and 6mos of being apart. Now i can finally hold him, sleep next to him (no more sleeping on cam lol), cook for him, do stuff together, hold hands while walking (HHWW) and all stuff that normal couples do. Everytime we look back, it makes us cry and then laugh...remembering all the good & bad things we've been through before we get here. God is so good...and He blessed those who wait.

I am happy but at the same time a lil bit sad co'z I left my family and friends back in the Phils. Now i am starting to feel the homesickness but I know i'll get through this. I am thinking about looking for a job to keep myself busy but right now I am still afraid to go out alone lol. I am wondering, can i start working even without the GC and my SSN yet? How long would it take them to send it to me from the date of my entry? Do i have to carry my passport with me anywhere I go? Thanks for any info you could share with me.

Guess this post is pretty long already...have to close now :D So nice to be back here. Have a great day everyone! :)

ZlYHm6.png

Welcome! :D

Unfortunately, you can't work until you have your EAD. Most people apply for this during their AOS process.

I'd recommend carrying your passport, you should have some form of ID. My husband always carried his until he had his GC.

Best wishes on your continued journey!

24q38dy.jpg

Welcome!! I'm happy that everything has turned out good for you. I cant wait until Mhay and i are at that point.

From reading about the CR-1/IR-1 you can work right away. All you need to do is show them the stamp in your passport. You should receive your GC and SSN soon anyway. You might want to just relax a little bit and get settled in before working, but i do understand that you want to stay busy as much as possible. Enjoy the time with your husband.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

hi Girl, congrats to you and big welcome here in USA. Homesickness is quiet normal but that will not take so long. Soon you will find yourself enjoying your life with your husband. For now just enjoy the moment and start to look a job when you completely adjust your new place here. Like what my husband told me enjoy every moment and start to look a job when I'm 100% ready. Are you from Davao? I came from Davao city.

Thank you guys for your response and welcome. It's been a wonderful week for us i guess...at last the sun finally came out although it is still cold outside. Yesterday i had a long walk with my hubby around the Zoo and downtown St. Louis. It was so neat...the arch is just amazing!

Right now, I am just looking around where i can possibly land for a job, that is not too far from where we live co'z riding a bus around still makes me nervous lol. I am still waiting for my GC and SSN in the mail, i really have no idea when it's gonna get here but I am hoping I can work maybe next month even just a part time job. Of course, my time with my husband is still and always be my first priority. I think it will be beneficial for me too if i get a job so i can start earning my own money and at the same time it would help me boost my confidence by mingling with other people everyday. This is really the most challenging part of my life so far...and i am enjoying it. :)

@ brianmarie: Yes, i am from Davao City. Glad to meet u here. What state do u live right now?

Again, Thank you for your responses. God bless you all!

ZlYHm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.