yohino

Translating PCC.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey guys!

So,I just recived my PCC that I requested from Germany and I know I'll have to have it translated in to english, but does the translation need to be done by a practising, certified translator or can it just be someone I know is fluent in both languages? Like an english/german teacher?

The traslation shouldn't be to hard to do,I could translate it myself but I guess it looks better if a third party does it.

Thanks for your answers!

Best wishes.

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
Hey guys!

So,I just recived my PCC that I requested from Germany and I know I'll have to have it translated in to english, but does the translation need to be done by a practising, certified translator or can it just be someone I know is fluent in both languages? Like an english/german teacher?

The traslation shouldn't be to hard to do,I could translate it myself but I guess it looks better if a third party does it.

Thanks for your answers!

Best wishes.

As far as I know, just someone who's fluent in both languages. I know some VJers actually did it themselves and it went through. Good luck!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Timeline
Hey guys!

Thanks for your answers!

Best wishes.

As far as I know, just someone who's fluent in both languages. I know some VJers actually did it themselves and it went through. Good luck!

Thank you!

Finally a way so save some money in this process... :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
Hey guys!

Thanks for your answers!

Best wishes.

Thank you!

You're welcome! My hubby would be so mad if he knew I helped out a Swede. haha Just kidding!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Hey guys!

Thanks for your answers!

Best wishes.

I WAS TOLD IT HAD TO BE A CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR ....WE HAD OURS DONE AT THE COURTHOUSE BUT MY LAWYER RECOMENDED A FEW

bridget

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Hey guys!

Thanks for your answers!

Best wishes.

Thank you!

You're welcome! My hubby would be so mad if he knew I helped out a Swede. haha Just kidding!

Haha! He is just jeslous ;)

Hey guys!

Thanks for your answers!

Best wishes.

I WAS TOLD IT HAD TO BE A CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR ....WE HAD OURS DONE AT THE COURTHOUSE BUT MY LAWYER RECOMENDED A FEW

Ok,I actually found out that since my husband is in the military there is certified people there that can do it for us. So everything came out perfect!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.