kitjerky

travel to US once approved

7 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone...

I have a question and i hope that someone can answer it for me....

We are in final part of the I129 f process..waiting for the interview..hope to be going Nov in Vancouver. so this leads to me to my issue

We booked a curise in Dec before we started this journey...we then filed the I129f..and not thinking that it would be a this stage so early. If i have my interview and very gos well and approved...can i still enter the usa as a tourist and leave back to canada without it canceling my K1???

any info would be great guys...will be here for anumber of years yet to come..great people, great info what more could you ask for..except ..HURRY UP with the interview for us..lol

Thanks

tony & Carol

Filed: Timeline

You can ask the Consulate to delay issuance of the visa following the cruise. Just explain the circumstances and request it at the interview. When you return from your vacation you just send them the passport.

Having said that, a few of us have entered the US with the visa in our passports.... and were not required to use them..... we just explained our circumstances. There is no policy which states you must use the visa upon entry.... but it is always up to the CBP Officer whether they make you use it or not.

Moving your thread from the K-3 to the K-1 forum.

Welcome to VJ. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hey Everyone...

We are in final part of the I129 f process..waiting for the interview..hope to be going Nov in Vancouver. so this leads to me to my issue

We booked a curise in Dec before we started this journey...we then filed the I129f..and not thinking that it would be a this stage so early. If i have my interview and very gos well and approved...can i still enter the usa as a tourist and leave back to canada without it canceling my K1???

any info would be great guys...will be here for anumber of years yet to come..great people, great info what more could you ask for..except ..HURRY UP with the interview for us..lol

Thanks

tony & Carol

No.

First mistake was planning something without a visa in hand. Don't do it. No one can predict how long this will take and there are dozens of possible delays along the way that could happen and you have no control over. No one in the process cares about your cruise.

You would be better off to delay your visa interview (if you haven't had it by then) and recieve the visa after your cruise. You will not be able to enter with a K-1 in your passport, leave and come back with the K-1. Delay the visa until after the cruise. Also if the cruise makes any calls to foreign ports, you would not be able to leave the ship if you were here on a K-1 and had not adjusted status. Just a bad idea overall. Cruise first, visa next.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Hey Everyone...

Thanks

tony & Carol

No.

First mistake was planning something without a visa in hand. Don't do it. No one can predict how long this will take and there are dozens of possible delays along the way that could happen and you have no control over. No one in the process cares about your cruise.

You would be better off to delay your visa interview (if you haven't had it by then) and recieve the visa after your cruise. You will not be able to enter with a K-1 in your passport, leave and come back with the K-1. Delay the visa until after the cruise. Also if the cruise makes any calls to foreign ports, you would not be able to leave the ship if you were here on a K-1 and had not adjusted status. Just a bad idea overall. Cruise first, visa next.

Thanks ...with hind sight we should not of booked the trip..but reading the info on USIC ..didn't think we would be at the interview already..but what do you do...ya going to delay the issue of the visa until we get back...thanks for the info

Filed: Timeline
No.

Actually, in Canada it's perfectly fine to attend the interview and have them issue the visa when she is ready to emigrate.

As well, if you refer back to my earlier post (#3) you will see that people have come and gone with the visa in their passport. I have done it.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
No.

Actually, in Canada it's perfectly fine to attend the interview and have them issue the visa when she is ready to emigrate.

As well, if you refer back to my earlier post (#3) you will see that people have come and gone with the visa in their passport. I have done it.

If the consulate will delay the visa, fine...same advice from me. Cruise first, visa next. The timing of the interview is not so critical.

What you did is in no way guaranteed. Why would it be preferable to waiting until after cruise to get the visa put in the passport? Why take the chance and hassel? Go to the interview...tomorrow if you want, wait until after the cruise for the visa to be applied, travel back and forth all you want until then.

As stated in your earlier post, Kricket, this is not a sure thing and up to the CBP officer. Sounds like the OP would not want to risk losing her cruise money on the whims of the CBP guy of the day.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.