CamIrwin

G-325A

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

May seem silly, but this is how we did it -- we hand-copied our information into all 4 copies of the G-325 A (all 8 copies if you count one set apiece), and signed them all. It was laborious, but I never saw any instructions that gave permission to photocopy the form and then place original signature. We wanted to be super-careful about everything in the packet.

Now, I think I read somewhere that there is a new version of the G-325A which does not require the 4 copies. Someone undoubtedly will give an authoritative answer shortly.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: Timeline
May seem silly, but this is how we did it -- we hand-copied our information into all 4 copies of the G-325 A (all 8 copies if you count one set apiece), and signed them all. It was laborious, but I never saw any instructions that gave permission to photocopy the form and then place original signature. We wanted to be super-careful about everything in the packet.

Now, I think I read somewhere that there is a new version of the G-325A which does not require the 4 copies. Someone undoubtedly will give an authoritative answer shortly.

Yeah but I thought it said to make 4 copies of the new form.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yeah but I thought it said to make 4 copies of the new form.

The old form was a four page form. Each page nearly identical but not identical. One signed all four pages. One did not make copies; it was a four page form.

The new form is a one page form and that is all you submit, the one signed page. No copies required.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

We filled it out electronically in a pdf that we downloaded. The pdf was four pages long but each page was identical. It was programmed to duplicate your answers on all four pages. Then we printed it and signed all four pages.

Timeline
We filled it out electronically in a pdf that we downloaded. The pdf was four pages long but each page was identical. It was programmed to duplicate your answers on all four pages. Then we printed it and signed all four pages.

Each page of the old four page form were not identical; there's a small difference in the lower left of each page.

Each page contained the same information though.

Anyway, the new form is one page and you submit this single page now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am preparing I-129F petition. I downloaded G-325A form and it was a single page form. I read all the instructions and requirements very carefully. I have never seen any reference anywhere to submit more than 1 copy of G-325A. I filled out the PDF and saved it on my computer and the document was saved as a single page form as well.

3 extra pages or 3 weeks of RFE.

Couldn't hurt if you're worried about it.

Unless you feel the pain of the trees.

Anybody have a link to the new form?

Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

appears to be the new form, it's 1 page (plus 1 instruction page).

As was mentioned earlier, when I filled out mine in May, it was 4 pages that were nearly identical. Plus Adobe would copy the information from the first page into the next 3. So it was simply a case of filling it out once, printing 4 pages, signing 4 pages for each of us . 8 pages total, 4 for me and 4 for her.

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 extra pages or 3 weeks of RFE.

Couldn't hurt if you're worried about it.

Unless you feel the pain of the trees.

Paragraph 6/A of I-129F instructions from http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf tells you to include a completed and signed form G-325A for you and a completed and signed form G-325A for your fiancé. G-325A is a single page form. I am not worried about trees and I am not paranoid either ;) .

I already mailed the 4 copy form to my fiancee. Do you think I could use the single page form, or mail her a new one?

Timeline
I already mailed the 4 copy form to my fiancee. Do you think I could use the single page form, or mail her a new one?

I am sure they will accept either. I wouldn't fret over it nor spend any more money on it.

I am sure they will accept either. I wouldn't fret over it nor spend any more money on it.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.