seeker2k

having trouble changing address

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

On Oct.6th 2009 I received NOA2, USCIS #WAC********, petition approved and sent to Guangzhou, China Consulate.

My fiance moved and changed address at the beginning of the month, October 3rd to be precise.

I am having great difficulty to get her address updated.

Things I have tried so far:

Called NVC, they informed me our petition has been forwarded to the consulate, and provided us with GUZ #.

Called Guangzhou Consulate. I was told to use the webform e-mail to do it. I used the webform e-mail, provided all information as requested. The 1st time was on October 20th, and I received the following reply:

Dear Mr. Z*****

Thank you for your inquiry.

Since we are unable to distinguish whether you are the petitioner based on the email account you are using, in order to protect the petitioner and the beneficary,

we suggest you mailing or faxing us your inquiry with your signature, mailing address, the zip code and the beneficiary’s contact phone number.

We will either reply to your inquiry by mail or get back to the beneficiary by phone call after making sure you are the petitioner.

Our fax number is 86-20-38844412 and the mailing address is:广州市沙面南街1号 美国驻广州总领事馆 邮编: 510133.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 12958

To respond to this email, use only the web form at www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html.

E-mails sent via "reply" will not be received. You can access limited case specific information - confirm Visa Petition arrival

at post and verify interview date - at the National Visa Information Call Center (a for fee service). See www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx.

Call Center # (China) 400-872-333 (International) 8621-3881-4611

I have then repeated the e-mail and also made a fax document which I have faxed to the number provided. I also repeated the e-mail and fax at 7 business days interval since the

initial ones, and I just faxed one more just now, as I am writing this. I have my fax confirmation numbers so I know it got through. Below right here, is the fax I have sent, adjust the dates accordingly and I put the stars ***** to protect identity a bit instead of the actual numbers etc.

October 30, 2009, Los Angeles, California

Good Afternoon

Re: Beneficiary's Change of Address

Case number:

GUZ 2**********

USCIS# WAC0**********

My name is J********, petitioner, A0*********

DOB: May 2********

Address:

102*************

USA

phone number: (818)********

e-mail: see*************

I am the author and sender of this fax.

My fiance, is the beneficiary, Wa*******, A0********

DOB: Ju*********

Phone Number: 365********** or 011 86 1 365******* if dialed from USA

e-mail: wish-love-me@hotmail.com

Old Address:

I listed her Old address here, both in full Mandarin as well as Pinyin

New Address:

I listed her new address here, also in full Mandarin, as well as Pinyin

Please update our case and records accordingly. Basically her address is the same, only building and room numbers have changed. My address remains unchanged.

Please also let either myself, or her know once these changes are done and updated, otherwise we will assume no one has updated our records, or is aware of changes required.

If these records are not updated properly and in a reasonable time, any mail send from the consulate to her address will either fall to the wrong hands or be returned to the consulate and she will be unable to get it, causing our case further delays and problems.

So please help us update these records.

Thank You

Jerry Zak

Signed: ********** Date:*******

That is the fax I have sent to them. I am unable get any sort of response whether our address has been updated or not, either by e-mail, phone, or normal mail.

Also, to this day I have not received any confirmation that our petition package has actually been delivered to Guangzhou, also no e-mail, letter or phone. And yes, I have signed up for e-mail notifications at the USCIS. And this

worries me because I talk to other people going through this and hear about their petitions getting lost, not delivered, etc. So how long does it usually take for what people refer to as the NOA2.5 ?

Also, I do not understand their reply, as the e-mail account I have provided is listed on our I129F petition, as well as all other records pertaining to this,

So that part of it is just plainly wrong and incorrect. Also, how can they be unable to verify who is who when I provided them all our correct records, all they have to do is pick up the phone and call USCIS, or her or myself. I don't get it.

My biggest worry is that the consulate will send her something by regular mail, and that mail will fall into wrong hands, or be returned to consulate, causing us further unnecessary

delays and many problems, so it is imperative we get this updated before that happens.

So as I have stated, I tried by phone, tried by their provided e-mail, tried by fax, I am just unable to get through to these people. What do I do now ?

How do I update her address information since those options did not work ?

Also, I am going to China, to be with my fiance, in Guangzhou, starting November 7th and I will be returning on November 23rd. If this can be done "in person" at the consulate,

then we will be glad to do it, but can it ? Or is it just going to be the same kind of treatment I received over the phone where I just get told to go to their webform e-mail ?

Any help with this would be really appreciated. I don't want to become one of these nightmare cases where they end up losing our case and we have to get senators, congressman, lawyers etc. involved in all this.

Thank you

Edited by seeker2k

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Make sure you provide both your DOB and full name along with the case number and your beneficiary's DOB and full name in any correspondence. Put this in a fax with your signature or for good measure have what you fax notarized first.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline
Make sure you provide both your DOB and full name along with the case number and your beneficiary's DOB and full name in any correspondence. Put this in a fax with your signature or for good measure have what you fax notarized first.

of course i have.

provided GUZ#, USCIS #, both hers and mine A#s, phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, dates and places of birth.

there doesnt seem anything left for me to provide, its getting frustrating and rediculous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.