TracyHamza

Interview date question.....or two....CASA

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

thanks to everyone who helped with prior questions and in advance to these next ones....i try to do the research on my own but sometimes not find answers so i really appreciate all your help and input.....

1) we had cklist generated yesterday about the casier judiciar(everything else is ok just needed this doc.)...i sent today and they should get it by nov. 3....i was wondering if anyone had an estimate if it is still possible to make a december interview in casa?

2) due to health issues i'm concerned about possibly being terminated at my job (hubby tells me i worry too much..lol)...IF i am ,how will it affect the interview? would we have to postpone?

i've applied for another better job at the local hospital a little while ago and am waiting to hear something(I work in a nursing home and tho i love my job i despise the procedures and treatment of seniors there)...so will i have to notify casa if i have a job change? will they even ask about this at interview?.......am just trying to plan ahead in case of roadblocks......i have been assuming that NVC is the one who approves I-864 but have heard the consulate does...sooo...who actually approves the sponsor? :huh:

thanks everyone

as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
thanks to everyone who helped with prior questions and in advance to these next ones....i try to do the research on my own but sometimes not find answers so i really appreciate all your help and input.....

1) we had cklist generated yesterday about the casier judiciar(everything else is ok just needed this doc.)...i sent today and they should get it by nov. 3....i was wondering if anyone had an estimate if it is still possible to make a december interview in casa?

2) due to health issues i'm concerned about possibly being terminated at my job (hubby tells me i worry too much..lol)...IF i am ,how will it affect the interview? would we have to postpone?

i've applied for another better job at the local hospital a little while ago and am waiting to hear something(I work in a nursing home and tho i love my job i despise the procedures and treatment of seniors there)...so will i have to notify casa if i have a job change? will they even ask about this at interview?.......am just trying to plan ahead in case of roadblocks......i have been assuming that NVC is the one who approves I-864 but have heard the consulate does...sooo...who actually approves the sponsor? :huh:

thanks everyone

Hey there :) We are doing the K1 and were approved in september, got an interview in december. It looks like they are about 3 months out from approval on interviews.

From what I've read, they don't even require proof of income in casablanca.

Hope I helped in some way....I hope someone can help more. :star:

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

NVC approves the sponsor and I wouldn't bring up anything about your job at the interview unless they ask.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

NVC pretty much looks at the financial information although CASA does check it out....just a minimal review is what I was told when I called and asked. Only if you are doing a CR1. Don't bring anything up about the job. The only concern i have is when they ask your hubby what is your occupation? That's a question they ask everyone. I'm not sure if you would get a december interview because sometimes they try to give you a few weeks to get the medical, but I will pray and hope that you do.

Casandra

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

thanks for the info and advice ladies...

ya know you project too much when your mom looks at you like this :rolleyes: and says, "now you're stressing about your job!?.... :lol: and then says " you two are stressing ME out with this visa"...haha...but i still say it's better to be prepared than clueless

....we want to be honest if anything like that happened so they would not think we lied or hid info....

Timeline
thanks for the info and advice ladies...

ya know you project too much when your mom looks at you like this :rolleyes: and says, "now you're stressing about your job!?.... :lol: and then says " you two are stressing ME out with this visa"...haha...but i still say it's better to be prepared than clueless

....we want to be honest if anything like that happened so they would not think we lied or hid info....

of course there is the old saying...don't ask don't tell..... :jest:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You make a good point about being honest though, I'm sure you guys will figure out whats right for you.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Timeline
NVC pretty much looks at the financial information although CASA does check it out....just a minimal review is what I was told when I called and asked. Only if you are doing a CR1. Don't bring anything up about the job. The only concern i have is when they ask your hubby what is your occupation? That's a question they ask everyone. I'm not sure if you would get a december interview because sometimes they try to give you a few weeks to get the medical, but I will pray and hope that you do.

Casandra

just read thru your post again...hubby thinks that's a good idea also to not mention the job unless the CO brings it up...i think i'll be ok at my job...just worried because my boss made a remark the other day about me missing time (even tho it was under a drs. care)

i think if the CO asks that question (what's your wife's occupation?) he would be alright by just saying CNA unless they wanted more details.......i know, i know :blush: ..i'm projecting again..lol

as for the interview i think the same too...we missed the dec. window even if case complete by this friday :( ...tho i'm letting my hubby keep his happy thoughts about dec... :whistle:

i was well prepared and informed at the uscis stage but with this NVC stage everything is going so fast that i've not been able to keep up with how to avoid delays ahead of time and how the process works

thanks again for your insight and thoughts on our situation...and to everyone that replied

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.