mrsean

calls to philippines

59 posts in this topic

just want to say if your in america and want to call your family,fiance,etc in the philippines , there is a company called [pinoy tawag] i used for 5 months now and it is 44$a month and you can call there unlimited all day and nite long.they send your filipino family etc a chip for there phone and it has an american local number and a philippine number in it,when you call from usa you dial the usa local number and your filipina recipients phone rings and you talk all you want.there is no contract either very good to have

Hi I call Thailand for 1.5 cents a minute cell to cell try (noble comm)

minimum cost to call Phil cell phones is .16 cents/min from US. No way around that, no matter what card you use.

I agree on using Skype, it's voice quality is great, and it is free to use to another Skype user, plus you get to webcam with video better than YM.

And the old saying goes, "If it's free, then it's for me!"

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
just want to say if your in america and want to call your family,fiance,etc in the philippines , there is a company called [pinoy tawag] i used for 5 months now and it is 44$a month and you can call there unlimited all day and nite long.they send your filipino family etc a chip for there phone and it has an american local number and a philippine number in it,when you call from usa you dial the usa local number and your filipina recipients phone rings and you talk all you want.there is no contract either very good to have

The initial cost of this seems pretty high and you are limited to one phone in the PI from what I read, I just prefer to use Google Voice and pay the 17 cents a minute for cell and less for land lines. I can use any phone or call any phone, free sms, can record calls or save sms messages. Using magic jack is cool but you need an internet connection so buy the thing to begin with when you can talk for free anyway.

the best and cheapest way to call phils is of course Magic Jack and devices like it.

But there is another alternative to that called Tk6000 by nettalk www.tk6000.com it is simular to a magic jack but you don't need a computer to use it just plug it into a router and a phone on the other end and you got a phone line. price sched is 100$ for the device that includes 3 yrs of service after that it's 20$ a year.

Now if you insist on spending money min to min then there is startec www.startec.com they have call rates to phils of 9.9 cents a minute that's cell and landline. good luck

Timeline

The initial cost of this seems pretty high and you are limited to one phone in the PI from what I read, I just prefer to use Google Voice and pay the 17 cents a minute for cell and less for land lines. I can use any phone or call any phone, free sms, can record calls or save sms messages. Using magic jack is cool but you need an internet connection so buy the thing to begin with when you can talk for free anyway.

the best and cheapest way to call phils is of course Magic Jack and devices like it.

But there is another alternative to that called Tk6000 by nettalk www.tk6000.com it is simular to a magic jack but you don't need a computer to use it just plug it into a router and a phone on the other end and you got a phone line. price sched is 100$ for the device that includes 3 yrs of service after that it's 20$ a year. send that to your fiance and boom free calling. life is easy. nettalk even has online call tracking.

Now if you insist on spending money min to min then there is startec www.startec.com they have call rates to phils of 9.9 cents a minute that's cell and landline. good luck

another alternative is smart's plug n talk (www.plugntalk.com) smart has introduced a new device for ofw's it is called plug n talk (www.plugntalk.com) it is a usb device that will allow you to call and text anyone in the philippines at local phils domestic rates. so basically you can be here usa call or text your fiance @ philippine domestic rates BUT here is the bonus all INCOMING calls and text are FREE so if your fiance calls YOU it is free to you or if she texts you it's free to you. Only outcoing calls and texts are charged.

the rates are as follows calls going to

post-paid smart customers pre-paid customers all non smart customers

php 6.50 php 7.50 php 8.00

all rates for texting are as follows

smart customers non smart customers international customer

1.00 php per message 2.00 php per message 15.00 php per message

startec long distance

www.startec.com

smart's plugntalk

www.plugntalk.com

net talk's tk6000.com

www.tk6000.com

magic jack

www.magicjack.com

I was going to ask this question today and I saw someone already started this thread..

I've had a few $400 phone bills to Phil. Though we try to use yahoo voice when we can. The nearest internet for her is the cafe.

My cell phone bill though expensive lately shows good call records to include in my evidence.

I was going to ask if anyone knew any cheaper calling cards or services that show the phone records that I can include with my evidence of ongoing relationship. I'll need those call records.

I don't think I saw anyone mentioning the call records on the bill with some of these cheaper services. Again, just the net access isn't good enough because she's not always in the cafe and we talk every day.

Thanks for your suggestions very much :)

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

If the CellPhone Company MetroPCS is in your area, it pretty cheap.

You can text to PI for free, and for $5 per month you make unlimited calls to PI Landline.

The monthly cost for MetroPCS for unllimited talk, text, and internet is around $45 per month

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

You can text to PI for free, and for $5 per month you make unlimited calls to PI Landline.

The monthly cost for MetroPCS for unllimited talk, text, and internet is around $45 per month

hey i checked it out metropcs utility said philippines is not included in the international plan here is what the utility spit out

Based on the information provided above your destination is:

Philippines -- Not currently available with the Unlimited International Calling Feature

MetroPCS offers great rates with International Long Distance Calling Cards. Find out more about our competitive rates on this and other calling destinations using our International Long Distance Calling Card

and I used a landline number as the input. I'm thinkin like most other carriers philippines is excluded. I have yet to see phils included in any unlimited calling plans even the new vonage world plan phils is excluded.

I was going to ask this question today and I saw someone already started this thread..

I've had a few $400 phone bills to Phil. Though we try to use yahoo voice when we can. The nearest internet for her is the cafe.

My cell phone bill though expensive lately shows good call records to include in my evidence.

I was going to ask if anyone knew any cheaper calling cards or services that show the phone records that I can include with my evidence of ongoing relationship. I'll need those call records.

I don't think I saw anyone mentioning the call records on the bill with some of these cheaper services. Again, just the net access isn't good enough because she's not always in the cafe and we talk every day.

Thanks for your suggestions very much :)

I feel the same way about call logs. So I use an international calling plan thru my cable/phone provider. For $4/mo, I get a rate of .16c/min for Phil mobile calls, which is the lowest rate you can get to call a mobile. Each month I get a professional call log in the mail, and I just drop it into the evidence folder--done. That's how I like to roll. Plus I just pick up my home phone and push one memory button to reach mahal. Other times we cam chat on YM and Skype.

When I'm in the US i use Rebtel to call using my cell phone so i can call my wife from work. It is 13.9 cents a min to cell phone and 11.9 cents a min to landline. You can get your call history too from them. It gives you a local number to call and connects in the philippines. I am currently in kuwait and we have been using skype almost all the time. I also gave her a magicjack, but she hasnt used it much before because she didnt have hi-speed. We will have to try it once i get back to the US since she just got DSL. the other option that we have used quite a bit is yahoo messenger.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

On BIG WARNING about Startec:

They bill like a Long Distance Provider not a calling card. This means you will pay A lot of fees & taxes which can add 20% or more to your bill depending on local tax rates and telecom fees.

hey i checked it out metropcs utility said philippines is not included in the international plan here is what the utility spit out

Philippines -- Not currently available with the Unlimited International Calling Feature

MetroPCS offers great rates with International Long Distance Calling Cards. Find out more about our competitive rates on this and other calling destinations using our International Long Distance Calling Card

and I used a landline number as the input. I'm thinkin like most other carriers philippines is excluded. I have yet to see phils included in any unlimited calling plans even the new vonage world plan phils is excluded.

You may be correct, Since I don't call the Philippines. But last time I checked, you could call the Philippines landline for unlimited

Here is a link to see if it would work

http://www.metropcs.com/ild/findrate.aspx

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

You may be correct, Since I don't call the Philippines. But last time I checked, you could call the Philippines landline for unlimited

ummm... that is what i used to verify if phils was under the plan or not. Also, I used a landline number from the beginning to verify and it's not covered...... my theory as to way phils is always excluded is because it's a high rate per min country so it would be too expensive for a carrier to put it on an unlimited plan. Usually the cheap countries are used because the connection costs are low enough that carriers will not lose money on an unlimited plan. Phils will not have cheap ratees for years to come, though they are getting cheaper be the year.

Filed: Timeline

I looked at their website and it seems like a good deal. Can you give me any input as to the quality of the calls using this service?

Would be very appreciated to get get your feedback here. Thanks! :star:

On BIG WARNING about Startec:

They bill like a Long Distance Provider not a calling card. This means you will pay A lot of fees & taxes which can add 20% or more to your bill depending on local tax rates and telecom fees.

Doesn't sound like a bargain to me. Plus, you don't even get a call log mailed to your house. Pffft!

How many Filipinos do you know that use a landline? For me, Zero! Even in America, folks are more and more skipping the landline, and just using a mobile 24/7 for all calling needs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.