mrsean

calls to philippines

59 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

just want to say if your in america and want to call your family,fiance,etc in the philippines , there is a company called [pinoy tawag] i used for 5 months now and it is 44$a month and you can call there unlimited all day and nite long.they send your filipino family etc a chip for there phone and it has an american local number and a philippine number in it,when you call from usa you dial the usa local number and your filipina recipients phone rings and you talk all you want.there is no contract either very good to have

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
just want to say if your in america and want to call your family,fiance,etc in the philippines , there is a company called [pinoy tawag] i used for 5 months now and it is 44$a month and you can call there unlimited all day and nite long.they send your filipino family etc a chip for there phone and it has an american local number and a philippine number in it,when you call from usa you dial the usa local number and your filipina recipients phone rings and you talk all you want.there is no contract either very good to have

Oh we use OWTEL, we pay like $15 a month :)

That sounds like a great product.

We are using MagicJack in the PI. Of course is requires a Laptop to use. But it costs under $20/yr and all calls into the US are free. At $44/mo, ($528.00/yr,) for your solution, you could buy a laptop the first year and from then on the extra $528 nicely pays for DSL for the person's home all year! :-) On the US side we put the US phone number from the MagicJack phone into our Friends and Family cell phone list. All calls are free all the time in both directions.

It's not mobile like your solution, but it allows both phone and IM over the same line at the same time. It is used heavily here and the results have been great.

Mike & Beth, Riverton, WY

I-129F Section:

23 Apr 2009 | CSC Received I-129F

26 Sep 2009 | Wedding

AoS Section:

09 Oct 2009 | I-485 packet received in Chicago

06 Mar 2010 | Green Cards received

I-751 Removal of Conditions Section:

26 Nov 2011 | Filed I-751 ROC packet to CSC

16 Jun 2012 | 10 Year Green cards arrive

N-400 Naturalization - Citizenship Section:

26 NOV 2012 | Sent N-400 to Phoenix Lockbox

30 NOV 2012 | 797C

17 DEC 2012 | Biometrics

If your family is using a high speed internet/dsl you can send them a magic jack (having USA area code) you can call them and they can call you back anytime...unlimited call...for only $19.95 a year for the service.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
If your family is using a high speed internet/dsl you can send them a magic jack (having USA area code) you can call them and they can call you back anytime...unlimited call...for only $19.95 a year for the service.

I just use the Yahoo IM client. You can call from computer to computer for free but calls to a cell phone are about .20 cents per minute.

Thanks,

Lyn and Art

K1 VISA
Feb 17 2009 - Met Online
Apr 19 2009 - 1st Visit to the Philippines
Nov 03 2009 - 2nd Visit to the Philippines
Nov 04 2009 - Engaged
Apr 20 1010 - 3rd Visit to the Philippines
Nov 19 2010 - I-129F Mailed to Texas Lock Box
Nov 22 2010 - Received Date
Nov 29 2010 - NOA1
May 12 2011 - NOA2 Email and Text that we are approved (165-days)! Oh Thank God!
May 16 2011 - NOA2 Hard copy Received

Jul 07 2011 - Lyn and the girls pass their medicals - Thank God!
Jul 22 2011 - Interview - APPROVED
Aug 01 2011 - Picked up visas from 2GO
Aug 03 2011 - CFO Seminar
Aug 13 2011 - POE Detroit
Sep 23 2011 - Married

AOS

May 1 2012 - Mailed I-485 for Marilyn and the Girls
May 16 2012 - NOA-1 Text and Email Received
Jun 23 2012 - REF - Need tax returns for K2s
Jan 31 2013 - GC's For Lyn and Gwen. Got a REF for Uriel's Medical
Mar 21 2013 - Got CG for Uriel. We are done for 2 years

ROC

Dec 27 2014 Mailed I-751

Jan 05 2015 NOA-1 Received

Sept 24 2015 REF - Need more info to establish residency and shared financials

Dec 05 2015 Mail Response to Ref

Jan 25 2016 Received approved NOA-1

Feb 1 2016 10 year GC's received for Lyn and the girls - on to citizenship

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The initial cost of this seems pretty high and you are limited to one phone in the PI from what I read, I just prefer to use Google Voice and pay the 17 cents a minute for cell and less for land lines. I can use any phone or call any phone, free sms, can record calls or save sms messages. Using magic jack is cool but you need an internet connection so buy the thing to begin with when you can talk for free anyway.

xl91yv7f.png

Timeline

That sounds like a great product.

We are using MagicJack in the PI. Of course is requires a Laptop to use. But it costs under $20/yr and all calls into the US are free. At $44/mo, ($528.00/yr,) for your solution, you could buy a laptop the first year and from then on the extra $528 nicely pays for DSL for the person's home all year! :-) On the US side we put the US phone number from the MagicJack phone into our Friends and Family cell phone list. All calls are free all the time in both directions.

It's not mobile like your solution, but it allows both phone and IM over the same line at the same time. It is used heavily here and the results have been great.

they live in a village not alot of people there can afford or have laptop and card to get on no running water in houser either internet cafe

Timeline

The initial cost of this seems pretty high and you are limited to one phone in the PI from what I read, I just prefer to use Google Voice and pay the 17 cents a minute for cell and less for land lines. I can use any phone or call any phone, free sms, can record calls or save sms messages. Using magic jack is cool but you need an internet connection so buy the thing to begin with when you can talk for free anyway.

it is unlimited call all nite and day and any relatives in usa can call the local number here and talk too they all live together in village so it is good and all relatives here can split the 44 a month bill

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well this is the BEST way.. Buy a MAGIC JACK :-) unlimited call :-) 19$ Yearly

Visit the website.. www.magicjack.com

Just need a good internet connections :-) I use this more than 1 year. my hubby bring me a MJ here

Then he can call me anytime, and I call all any part in the USA and CANADA.. Unlimited call :-0

Hope this can help u :-)

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Claudeth and used to use Yahoo Messenger with the phone option so our only cost was the provider service for the internet. I was spending up to $400 a month before. Evidently she forgot about Yahoo when she got her because my first month's phone bill was over a grand and the second month was over two grand. :angry: I quickly put restrictions on the phone service :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We use Skype on her laptop with a headset. Works liek a charm and she has a local US number and can call any US/Canadian number for free. Only $7 a month.

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

Timeline
We use Skype on her laptop with a headset. Works liek a charm and she has a local US number and can call any US/Canadian number for free. Only $7 a month.

I use skype......it's free and it's clear. I can see my family on webcam too while we are talking.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Timeline

We also have Skype but was unaware of this feature, can you explain how I set my fiance in Philippines laptop to use that? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi I call Thailand for 1.5 cents a minute cell to cell try (noble comm)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I call Thailand for 1.5 cents a minute cell to cell try (noble comm)

We are not talking about Thailand. This is a Philippine forum and which ever provider you use the Philippines is one of the most expensive countries to call.

xl91yv7f.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.