bobby_kvisa

4 Copies of the G325-A

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Why does the VJ guide say to submit 4 copies of the G325-A?

The instructions for the I-129F form to not make any such mention of including multiple copies so I am just wondering.

Also, the I-129F instructions say that the BIO information does not have to be repeated from the I-129F but the example G325-A form certainly repeats this information. I also think it is a good idea to repeat the BIO information within the G325-A, so I am just asking about this as well.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

The instructions for the I-129F form to not make any such mention of including multiple copies so I am just wondering.

Also, the I-129F instructions say that the BIO information does not have to be repeated from the I-129F but the example G325-A form certainly repeats this information. I also think it is a good idea to repeat the BIO information within the G325-A, so I am just asking about this as well.

Somewhere else on this website, there was a director from the Vermont Service center that plainly stated in an interview that 2 copies are sufficient. They just throw the extra 2 copies away. Thats 2-copies per person. 2 for you, 2 for your fiancee.

Somewhere else on this website, there was a director from the Vermont Service center that plainly stated in an interview that 2 copies are sufficient. They just throw the extra 2 copies away. Thats 2-copies per person. 2 for you, 2 for your fiancee.

:thumbs: The Q&A with the director is pinned at the top of this forum.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You guys have got it all wrong.

The old form was a four page form with all four pages nearly identical to each other. One signed each of the four pages and submitted thsoe.

Now USCIS has changed the form to a one page form which you sign and submit just that form.

Also is you read the sticky, a conversation with a VSC director yields that the foreign fiance(e) doesn't really need to provide an original signature but not all adjucators may be aware of this. The recommendation is to print and include a copy of the USCIS memo that says this.

So old form, four pages.

New form, one page. No additional copies to be sent.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Because the VJ guide has not been updated. TWO copies is the rule and I know of some that have been approved with one copy, but I would not risk it, sign and send two.

Fill out the I-129f form entirely. Fill out the G-325a form completely. Do not try to save some ink and 4.6 minutes time and end up with several months delay because an adjudicator didn't read the same instructions you did.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

You guys have got it all wrong.

The old form was a four page form with all four pages nearly identical to each other. One signed each of the four pages and submitted thsoe.

Now USCIS has changed the form to a one page form which you sign and submit just that form.

Also is you read the sticky, a conversation with a VSC director yields that the foreign fiance(e) doesn't really need to provide an original signature but not all adjucators may be aware of this. The recommendation is to print and include a copy of the USCIS memo that says this.

So old form, four pages.

New form, one page. No additional copies to be sent.

I wouldn't say they've got it "all wrong."

There was a lot of confusion over this until recently, because the USCIS website still said the G-325A was a 4-page form even after the new 1-page form was uploaded. USCIS has only recently rectified the discrepancy on their website. The VJ guides still state that people should submit 4 identical copies, so the continued confusion over this point is understandable.

The VSC director quoted in the pinned post says they only use 2 copies at the service center. That said, submitting just the 1-page form as posted will not result in an RFE. The director confirmed this in a follow-up response, and it is further corroborated by numerous recent posters who have submitted just 1 page each and gotten approved without RFEs.

The signature issue is an entirely separate issue from the question asked in this thread.

Your summary is correct: old form = 4 pages; new form = 1 page, no additional copies necessary.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

This is true and I am the one that talked to him about this. Note also in his answer that he said "if you do not want to take chances...sign it" Seems the adjudicators do not always get or do not always read the memos. Also since you MUST get the fiancee letter of intent signed, why not sign them both and send them in the same envelope?

If it was going to take a long time to get her signature and IF you already had her signature on the fiancee letter of intent, then I would risk it, but not without sending an attachment requesting she be allowed to sign it at the interview and a copy of that memo which floats around here somewhere. Can that be put in the VJ sample forms or something?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thats true and it seems a lot of people have been approved with only one copy. My guess is they took a few million dollars of our money and boutght a copy machine! This modern technology continues to encroach on northern Vermont!

Gary And Alla

If it was going to take a long time to get her signature and IF you already had her signature on the fiancee letter of intent, then I would risk it, but not without sending an attachment requesting she be allowed to sign it at the interview and a copy of that memo which floats around here somewhere. Can that be put in the VJ sample forms or something?

Memo is here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/I1...325A_110105.pdf

But this seems to be a case of "topic creep" - the OP simply asked about the number of pages/copies requirement for the G-325A. The signature issue snuck in somewhere down the line.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.