Ken y Leidys

25 Neo-Nazi's protest non-White Immigration in Riverside, CA

274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
That's only true if you discount that the individual's personality might be reflected in their choice of occupation.

Well, I've already said I'm not counting personality. I'm basing this on career choice and that only. My point was to demonstrate the divide between what society often views as "monetary status" and "social status."

I get that, but I don't think the two are separable. Without wanting to get into stereotypes - I think that a person's personality is reflected (to some degree) in their choice of occupation. Obviously there's a lot more to it than just that - but in terms of who would be more successful at scoring with a girl - that will depend more on the girl and the venue, rather than "I'm not going to talk to you because you're a plumber and I look down on that".

Occupation often comes up when dating. It may not be a deal breaker to some, but if a woman is highly concerned with status and the overall status of a potential partner, she might based part -- even most -- of her decision on the guy's career choice.

I don't mean to say all women are gold diggers. They're obviously not. My point is that career status is often a factor in choosing who to date (even if that's a poor representation of that individual's personality).

Yeah but the class thing applies to women as well. Point being that the plumber might frequent different establishments to the office worker and isn't likely to meet the same woman.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
That's only true if you discount that the individual's personality might be reflected in their choice of occupation.

Well, I've already said I'm not counting personality. I'm basing this on career choice and that only. My point was to demonstrate the divide between what society often views as "monetary status" and "social status."

I get that, but I don't think the two are separable. Without wanting to get into stereotypes - I think that a person's personality is reflected (to some degree) in their choice of occupation. Obviously there's a lot more to it than just that - but in terms of who would be more successful at scoring with a girl - that will depend more on the girl and the venue, rather than "I'm not going to talk to you because you're a plumber and I look down on that".

Occupation often comes up when dating. It may not be a deal breaker to some, but if a woman is highly concerned with status and the overall status of a potential partner, she might based part -- even most -- of her decision on the guy's career choice.

I don't mean to say all women are gold diggers. They're obviously not. My point is that career status is often a factor in choosing who to date (even if that's a poor representation of that individual's personality).

Yeah but the class thing applies to women as well. Point being that the plumber might frequent different establishments to the office worker and isn't likely to meet the same woman.

Hmmm... good point.

I think I was basing this on the assumption these two individuals would visit the same places and attempt to date the same woman. While that might be true in some cases, I can definitely see what you're getting at here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
And I am still waiting on one white group in uniform that based around race... that gets approval from the "VJ racist police".

I guess the Latino s are all about Heritage but no white groups are.

Gee, how predictable.

How bout the Irish, German, Italian and many other groups. Come on, please let's be real here.

I'm trying to be real but you mention different ethnic groups, thats not what we are talking about here.

this group in the Vid with the military uniforms and combat boots was not mexican or Columbian, it is a "Hispanic" based group.

Now are we to believe that Hispanics at 15% of the population manage to have all these wonderful groups centered around Latins yet no one can name even one acceptable Europeanish group who also sports military cadence and uniforms?

Forgive me for borrowing your line but : PLease, let's be real here.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
And I am still waiting on one white group in uniform that based around race... that gets approval from the "VJ racist police".

I guess the Latino s are all about Heritage but no white groups are.

Gee, how predictable.

How bout the Irish, German, Italian and many other groups. Come on, please let's be real here.

I'm trying to be real but you mention different ethnic groups, thats not what we are talking about here.

this group in the Vid with the military uniforms and combat boots was not mexican or Columbian, it is a "Hispanic" based group.

Now are we to believe that Hispanics at 15% of the population manage to have all these wonderful groups centered around Latins yet no one can name even one acceptable Europeanish group who also sports military cadence and uniforms?

Forgive me for borrowing your line but : PLease, let's be real here.

well, it's not really a Hispanic group.. Brown Berets are a Chicano nationalist group, which is a little different.. and they focus on community issues and fight against police brutality and to prove equal quality education among minorities, not only chicanos or hispanics.. they also provide free healthcare for everybody who is uninsured, not only chicanos or hispanics..

now, on White groups that are not hate groups? I don't know, most of the militarized or militia-like white groups are supremacist who focus on demeaning others, not promoting the heritage of white culture, whatever that is (I think theres too many cultures of white groups to be called ONE white heritage)

so, maybe I need you to tell me about a white group that doesn't promote hate..

(btw the brown berets are not a militia like group, they only dress like that as a direct inspiration from the Black Panthers, but their agenda is quite community oriented)

Edited by pedroh

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif