Ken y Leidys

25 Neo-Nazi's protest non-White Immigration in Riverside, CA

274 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
And I am still waiting on one white group in uniform that based around race... that gets approval from the "VJ racist police".

I guess the Latino s are all about Heritage but no white groups are.

Gee, how predictable.

Predictable indeed that you were very selective in reading my last reply to you, ;).

What are you fishing for hm?

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Levittown, NY... one of the first suburbs in America... mass produced after WWII, many soldiers bought their homes with the new GI Bill... of which all soldiers received. However, blacks, hispanics, asians etc. were not allowed to buy homes there. This was called real estate discrimination.

Just an example I found that I thought may be useful.

Dang Girl, you are going all the way back to WW2, when I was a kid, WW2 was ancient history then fast forward 3 decades and you bring it up like it was yesterday.

I happen to grow up right near a Levittown too, wasn't any shortage of diversity then, in fact that was where Carl Lewis was from. (great American Sports hero).

At some point in time we have to stop regurgitation on the regretful parts of our past if we are ever going to come together.

It should be a real part of our history rather than a "daily devotion".

What is shows is that racial discrimination (of the officially endorsed government variety) is a lot more recent than harking back to slavery in the 18th and 19th centuries. I mentioned the other day that there were laws that supported racial segregation that were on the law books in some states until as recently as 1970.

When people tell others to "get over it", they're ignoring the fact that this stuff is very far from ancient history.

The fact that racial segregation is a lot more subtle than real estate discrimination (although not always) makes Danno's attempt at obfuscation even more clear. Things do not happen in a vacuum or without cause.

I'm well aware of the social problems in those communities. What you want me to do, it seems, is to make an emotionally charged judgement on it.

What I said above was that government endorsed racial discrimination took place a lot more recently than the 19th century. Its stupid not to draw connections between the past and the present - especially with so much of it in living memory, and certainly rather crass to make generalised moral judgements (as you are) from a position of generational privilege.

Okay, I will give in regarding black Americans, however, what explains Hispanics and Caucasians behaving like morons? People will not even buy a can of paint using the money we give them to take care of their house. People that are too stupid to take care of their own surroundings, to pick up trash or too lazy to maw their lawn. Black, white or brown, same sh-t really. The underclass in the US has a pathetic attitude towards various aspects of life that I have never seen before. I will say this, I for a certain part, I do blame repubs for this and their flawed strategy of every man for themselves. I also blame the libs for instilling the whatever attitude in people. That attitude set in motion the ####### the US is facing in 2009 with its underclass, which is now almost unrepairable. Certainly not in one or two generations.

You think anyone can convince someone wearing clothes 10 times their size, with their pants hanging on their knees to clean up their act or get an education. That they look like an idiot. :lol: good luck with that one.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm well aware of the social problems in those communities. What you want me to do, it seems, is to make an emotionally charged judgement on it.

What I said above was that government endorsed racial discrimination took place a lot more recently than the 19th century. Its stupid not to draw connections between the past and the present - especially with so much of it in living memory, and certainly rather crass to make generalised moral judgements (as you are) from a position of generational privilege.

Okay, I will give in regarding black Americans, however, what explains Hispanics and Caucasians behaving like morons? People who cannot even buy a can of paint using the money we give them to take care of their house. People that are too stupid to take care of their own surroundings or lazy to maw their lawn. Black, white or brown, same sh-t really. The underclass in the US has an attitude towards various aspects of life that I have never seen before. I will say this, I do blame repubs for this and their flawed strategy of every man for themselves. That has created this problem, which is now almost unrepairable. Certainly not in one or two generations.

As I said before - why is it that you see similar social problems among marginalised or disadvantaged populations the world over?

I'm not making this up - there really are similarities. Broken homes, likelihood of jail-time or involvement in crime, drug/alcohol dependency, poor standards of general education - none of these are exclusive to blacks or hispanics in the US. The exact same set of problems can be observed anywhere you have a marginalised population or where there are massive economic disparities.

As I said before - why is it that you see similar social problems among marginalised or disadvantaged populations the world over?

I'm not making this up - there really are similarities. Broken homes, likelihood of jail-time or involvement in crime, drug/alcohol dependency, poor standards of general education - none of these are exclusive to blacks or hispanics in the US. The exact same set of problems can be observed anywhere you have a marginalised population or where there are massive economic disparities.

Rest assured, the Caucasian underclass is just as stupid. The only thing about the is that they at least don't insist on living in urban centers which have not had manufacturing jobs for over 60 to 80 years. Not to mention they don't go around shooting up neighborhoods.

orace.png

Source: FBI

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

In today's world, I believe there's far less racial discrimination than socioeconomic discrimination. In a country based upon capitalism, the poor are looked down upon while the rich are idolized. In some cases it's the reverse (it really depends on the situation), but look at the so-called "American Dream." It's to become successful and success in our world (particularly the United States) is often equated with monetary gain.

When someone can't achieve this ideal, other non-related qualities are usually attached. So if a poor family is Hispanic, many start to think that all Hispanics are inherently poor. The poor are given low status in the U.S. and therefore, Hispanics are discriminated against primarily due to economics and then whatever racial issues may apply.

Timeline
In today's world, I believe there's far less racial discrimination than socioeconomic discrimination. In a country based upon capitalism, the poor are looked down upon while the rich are idolized. In some cases it's the reverse (it really depends on the situation), but look at the so-called "American Dream." It's to become successful and success in our world (particularly the United States) is often equated with monetary gain.

When someone can't achieve this ideal, other non-related qualities are usually attached. So if a poor family is Hispanic, many start to think that all Hispanics are inherently poor. The poor are given low status in the U.S. and therefore, Hispanics are discriminated against primarily due to economics and then whatever racial issues may apply.

I like this post.

While I think that race is a decreasing discriminatory factor in this country year after year, its very difficult to quantify the actual amount of racial bias on its own due to the intricate relationship that discrimination leads to as a society.

Eventually, the racists, dying breed that they are, will morph from the small, yet loud minority that they are, to an even smaller, and completely irrelevant group that will finally go extinct. Then we can talk about people being poor because of X, Y, and Z reasons without race being a motivating factor.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
And I am still waiting on one white group in uniform that based around race... that gets approval from the "VJ racist police".

I guess the Latino s are all about Heritage but no white groups are.

Gee, how predictable.

How bout the Irish, German, Italian and many other groups. Come on, please let's be real here.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

What I also find interesting is the divide between monetary and social status.

Compare your rank-and-file office worker versus a plumber. Who makes more money? More often than not, it's the plumber. But who is given higher social status? The office worker.

Let's say the office worker and the plumber try to pick up a girl. I'll bet a bag of dark chocolate espresso beans that -- purely based on social status -- this woman will automatically find the office worker more appealing. This scenario doesn't take into account someone's personality. So if the office worker is a real jerk and the plumber is nice to her, she'll probably choose the plumber. But comparing just social status and society's expectations, the plumber will receive less consideration than the office worker, despite the plumber actually earning a higher wage.

Timeline
That's only true if you discount that the individual's personality might be reflected in their choice of occupation.

Well, I've already said I'm not counting personality. I'm basing this on career choice and that only. My point was to demonstrate the divide between what society often views as "monetary status" and "social status."

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
That's only true if you discount that the individual's personality might be reflected in their choice of occupation.

Well, I've already said I'm not counting personality. I'm basing this on career choice and that only. My point was to demonstrate the divide between what society often views as "monetary status" and "social status."

I get that, but I don't think the two are separable. Without wanting to get into stereotypes - I think that a person's personality is reflected (to some degree) in their choice of occupation. Obviously there's a lot more to it than just that - but in terms of who would be more successful at scoring with a girl - that will depend more on the girl and the venue, rather than "I'm not going to talk to you because you're a plumber and I look down on that".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
At some point in time we have to stop regurgitation on the regretful parts of our past if we are ever going to come together.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

I get that, but I don't think the two are separable. Without wanting to get into stereotypes - I think that a person's personality is reflected (to some degree) in their choice of occupation. Obviously there's a lot more to it than just that - but in terms of who would be more successful at scoring with a girl - that will depend more on the girl and the venue, rather than "I'm not going to talk to you because you're a plumber and I look down on that".

Occupation often comes up when dating. It may not be a deal breaker to some, but if a woman is highly concerned with status and the overall status of a potential partner, she might based part -- even most -- of her decision on the guy's career choice.

I don't mean to say all women are gold diggers. They're obviously not. My point is that career status is often a factor in choosing who to date (even if that's a poor representation of that individual's personality).