steflovesbran

K1 interview date

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok this may seem a bit ridiculous but to us, we are stressing out. we received the noa2 and i am awaiting my interview date in montreal. i have been doing a little bit of research on here and it looks as though most people get their interview date quite soon after the noa2 and the date is only like a month or a bit after. well my dilemma is that we are getting married june 12, 2010, everything is already booked. so if i got my interview date in november or december, this means i cannot see him until march 12, which is 3 or 4 months!! we cannot go this long. we have been very fortunate and have been able to visit each other lots of times and i planned a week vacation to visit him for new years, i also have an already booked vacation to europe with my family in november. my question is, if when i get my interview date and it is in november or december can i postpone it to january or february?

everything just happened so fast and we scheduled everything because i was expecting it to take like 8 months, not 4!!

thanks!

AOS

03-30-10: Montreal Interview

04-09-10: K1 Visa Received

04-17-10: US Entry (Toronto Pearson Airport to Peoria, Illinois)

06-12-10: Married the love of my life!!

06-25-10: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 petitions to Chicago Lockbox

07-01-10: NOA1

07-30-10: Case transferred to California Service Center

08-03-10: Biometrics in Naperville, IL

08-21-10: AP approved

08-28-10: Received AP

08-30-10: EAD approved

09-01-10: Received EAD

09-20-10: Green card approved!!

09-25-10: Green card recieved!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
ok this may seem a bit ridiculous but to us, we are stressing out. we received the noa2 and i am awaiting my interview date in montreal. i have been doing a little bit of research on here and it looks as though most people get their interview date quite soon after the noa2 and the date is only like a month or a bit after. well my dilemma is that we are getting married june 12, 2010, everything is already booked. so if i got my interview date in november or december, this means i cannot see him until march 12, which is 3 or 4 months!! we cannot go this long. we have been very fortunate and have been able to visit each other lots of times and i planned a week vacation to visit him for new years, i also have an already booked vacation to europe with my family in november. my question is, if when i get my interview date and it is in november or december can i postpone it to january or february?

everything just happened so fast and we scheduled everything because i was expecting it to take like 8 months, not 4!!

thanks!

I would be careful making set dates for things if anything should go wrong at NVC or the consulate stage and you are in AR for a few months (worst case) you could loose lots of $$$ and inconvenience friends and family.

You can call or write the embassy and request an extension but there is no guarantee that they will or will not do it. Maybe someone who has dealt with the Montreal embassy can better answer this.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks!

To be honest if you expect to now change your interview date bcause you booked a vacation, you can expect it to take a lot longer. You should not book anything while doing this process as changing important dates can make you wait even longer for interviews and reviews of your paperwork.

If you are waiting for your interview date, have you gotten packet 3 and done your medical and handed all of packet 3 back? if you have not done this then you have even more problems as all this could go into november.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I think they're done booking November interviews, so I wouldn't really expect anything until December or January.

Maybe even February, Montreal's known to be sorta slow from time to time.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well i booked my vacations back in april before my fiance even proposed to me. if i wasn't able to change my interview then i would obviously cancel my vacations. but that's good to know that they will prob not be january. i haven't received my packet yet, i just get paranoid but as long as it is after january and before may then i'm good, which it should be. if not, i have done more research and have seen that people are able to change their interviews to specific weeks. thanks for your help!

AOS

03-30-10: Montreal Interview

04-09-10: K1 Visa Received

04-17-10: US Entry (Toronto Pearson Airport to Peoria, Illinois)

06-12-10: Married the love of my life!!

06-25-10: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 petitions to Chicago Lockbox

07-01-10: NOA1

07-30-10: Case transferred to California Service Center

08-03-10: Biometrics in Naperville, IL

08-21-10: AP approved

08-28-10: Received AP

08-30-10: EAD approved

09-01-10: Received EAD

09-20-10: Green card approved!!

09-25-10: Green card recieved!!!!

well i booked my vacations back in april before my fiance even proposed to me. if i wasn't able to change my interview then i would obviously cancel my vacations. but that's good to know that they will prob not be january. i haven't received my packet yet, i just get paranoid but as long as it is after january and before may then i'm good, which it should be. if not, i have done more research and have seen that people are able to change their interviews to specific weeks. thanks for your help!

You might not want to change your interview with Montreal.

They could make you wait a few more months.

Of course, this is just the way it is now.

It could change by the new year, since I think they're hiring more staff.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

According to your timeline you just got your NOA2, I wouldn't panic about getting a November interview...your probably looking more towards January. If something amazing happens and you get a November interview, you can reschedule it if your not willing to give up your vacation. Mine was April and we thought we would have to reshedule due to work commitments and were told it would get moved to the next months interview dates. We work around it and took the April. Remember once you get your visa its valid for 6 months. I would not recommend to anyone to book anything as far as a wedding goes to you have your visa in hand. You just never know what could happen and you don't want to lose deposits and money that you've invested. But its a little late for you guys since you already did..I will keep my fingers crossed for you that things work out for you both. Take care and good luck!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Um, from what I'm understanding here (and your timeline), if you haven't received Packet 3 (not packet 4, instructions and date for interview)

Then the Packet 3 will arrive when it arrives, and if it arrives when you are away, then it does and you are delayed by a bit. You aren't going to be scheduled for an interview unless you've sent back packet 3. I delayed mine by 2 months. Not only will it take 3+ months from when you get P3 back in to when you'll have an interview date, you won't have a problem going on vacation in Nov/Dec whenever P3 arrives. If you send in P3 a week before you go away, unless it's for 2 months or something, you'll be back before you're issued an interview.

Edited by KnJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.