Master5

Hotels in Moscow?

11 posts in this topic

Don't base it on location - base it on price.

Location matters not since the Metro is so wonderful. Find the cheapest place and then have her ride the subway.

Or.... use Russian Girl Friday's service. She's probably the most economical way to ensure it gets done right. Good luck!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, My Natasha is going there on November 10th and staying until the 13th however I had to pay until the 14th because checkout time is at 12pm (they have check-in whenever) and her plane leaves at 9 pm. Like my Natasha says "if it's near a metro line everything is close".. Anyway I booked 4 nights at the Izmailovo Vega Hotel. It is an olympic complex that used to house athletes but has since been turned into hotels, this is one of them. It was the cheapest we found very close to a metro line and a direct line to the embassy as far as IOM. I don't know where that is but Natasha assures me "its close by metro". The cost for me was 72.00 a night however if you are going after the 13th of November I think it drops down to 56.00 a night for a simple single bed..I was upgraded to a double for 20.00 more (total) I booked everything through www.moscow-hotels.net you can search for other hotels there the direct link is www.moscow-hotels.net/izmailovo-vega hotel. They can charge your card right away or 3 days before. They also supposedly have 24 hr cafes on various floors. This is not luxurious but as my Natasha said I need a place to sleep and a shower before the medical and interview thats all..oh and food. The problem is they don't have airport pickup but Natasha said she found an express bus that will take you to the metro station and that station to within one block of the hotel. Shes got her moscow metro maps and even a McDonalds map haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Eh, not all of us are Cheap. Just Frugal. :) hehe.

Well I rented her an apartment. In new Arabat. Just a few blocks from the USE. :)

Here is the information.

http://www.apartmentsmoscow.com/www/www_ap...rc/newarbat.htm

My Fiance is staying at the New Arabat 22 location, but any of them in that area would be great. She is getting there on the 15th staying through the 19th. I think the prices are good, it is convienant, safe location and lots of food places and such around. Anyway, have questions let me know. Oh and they are great to work with, I have used them 2 other times in the past year to stay there. The drivers they send if you request that service are great and the ladies that help you cordinate thigns are just supurb.

I am putting her at the Hotel Milan for her trip on the airline. That is a highly rated hotel near DME airport. So convienant to get out to the airport for her flight.

Let us know what you choose!

Edited by Jeff and Tatiana

I found her in March 08'

We met in December 08'

NOA1 on 31 March 09'

NOA2 on 28 Aug 09'

Interview 18 Nov 09' (Administrative Review)

Visa Approved!! 15 Dec 09'

Tatiana Arrives! 12 Jan 10'

Married 2 Mar 10'

Green Card Received 10 July 10'

Lifting Conditions Filed 25 April 12'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Eh, not all of us are Cheap. Just Frugal. :) hehe.

Well I rented her an apartment. In new Arabat. Just a few blocks from the USE. :)

Here is the information.

http://www.apartmentsmoscow.com/www/www_ap...rc/newarbat.htm

My Fiance is staying at the New Arabat 22 location, but any of them in that area would be great. She is getting there on the 15th staying through the 19th. I think the prices are good, it is convienant, safe location and lots of food places and such around. Anyway, have questions let me know. Oh and they are great to work with, I have used them 2 other times in the past year to stay there. The drivers they send if you request that service are great and the ladies that help you cordinate thigns are just supurb.

I am putting her at the Hotel Milan for her trip on the airline. That is a highly rated hotel near DME airport. So convienant to get out to the airport for her flight.

Let us know what you choose!

Great link, thanks. How clean are those apartments? They look just like regular flats which are rented, those are usually not very clean or secure. We have a 1-year old and my wife is very picky to the point she plans to take our own sheets with us to Moscow :) Riding Metro is out of question too. So I'm left with ~$400/night hotels in the area. I can afford to pay that much for a few nights, just wanted to see if there are any alternatives since I'm frugal too :)

Timeline

My Fiance is staying at the New Arabat 22 location, but any of them in that area would be great.

I think that may be the same building where I stayed last time. I booked through www.apartmentres.com. It is called the Arbat Executive Suite. It was very clean and walkable to the U.S. Embassy, if it is not bitter cold. It looks like the rate is maybe 15 or 20% more than the flat Jeff found, but I can vouch for it. Either way, I would go for an apartment rather than a hotel for reasons of cost, personalized service and access to a kitchen and washing machine.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
You guys just a bunch of cheap Americans, lol :)

Knowing the surprises that can be had in Moscow, I always prefer to be safe than sorry. Therefore, if you book well in advance, you can have a great hotel, near the USE, for less than $200/night (including taxes).

Try the Crowne Plaza at the World Trade Center complex. I walked (30 minutes) from there to the USE in July. Metro station is Ulitsa 1905 g. but it is 10 minutes walking, the only inconvenience. All the doctor offices (especially IOM) are very close to this hotel. And I like it because some times I can book a few days for free, using my points on Priority Club.

It has a great swimming pool, if you are bored at any time. :dance:

Timeline
My Fiance is staying at the New Arabat 22 location, but any of them in that area would be great.

I think that may be the same building where I stayed last time. I booked through www.apartmentres.com. It is called the Arbat Executive Suite. It was very clean and walkable to the U.S. Embassy, if it is not bitter cold. It looks like the rate is maybe 15 or 20% more than the flat Jeff found, but I can vouch for it. Either way, I would go for an apartment rather than a hotel for reasons of cost, personalized service and access to a kitchen and washing machine.

If I were to travel along or just with my wife I'd stay in apartment myself, but since we travel with a small child it leaves us with fewer options. I just called my wife and she told me she's not taking a child in some filthy apartment :) I got to say, I'm from Russia myself, but I find hotel prices in Moscow totally out of control. They don't make that much money in Moscow, most of the Russian population are poor by Western standards and overall quality of life in Moscow and Russia is quite low.

Timeline

I just called my wife and she told me she's not taking a child in some filthy apartment :)

I can guess maybe she has had some bad experience which has turned her off from rental apartments. But as I said, the Arbat Executive suite was quite clean. I would suspect it is not worth arguing the point, but just pay for a hotel room as she wants. I felt fortunate my fiancee wanted to save money and rent a flat rather than to stay in a hotel -- she did not see my pockets as bottomless, but wanted us to spend the money on other things when I visited her. No kid involved, it was a different situation, etc.

I got to say, I'm from Russia myself, but I find hotel prices in Moscow totally out of control. They don't make that much money in Moscow, most of the Russian population are poor by Western standards and overall quality of life in Moscow and Russia is quite low.

Such a huge disparity between the rich and the poor. You see all these late-model Audis and BMWs in Moscow (and there was a Lamborghini parked outside our apartment), and you hear about how Moscow is so incredibly expensive but most people don't have much. I don't understand it either.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
I just called my wife and she told me she's not taking a child in some filthy apartment :)

I can guess maybe she has had some bad experience which has turned her off from rental apartments. But as I said, the Arbat Executive suite was quite clean. I would suspect it is not worth arguing the point, but just pay for a hotel room as she wants. I felt fortunate my fiancee wanted to save money and rent a flat rather than to stay in a hotel -- she did not see my pockets as bottomless, but wanted us to spend the money on other things when I visited her. No kid involved, it was a different situation, etc.

My wife is just very picky, she actually saves on everything as long as it's not for our kid :) I'm the same way as well.

I got to say, I'm from Russia myself, but I find hotel prices in Moscow totally out of control. They don't make that much money in Moscow, most of the Russian population are poor by Western standards and overall quality of life in Moscow and Russia is quite low.

Such a huge disparity between the rich and the poor. You see all these late-model Audis and BMWs in Moscow (and there was a Lamborghini parked outside our apartment), and you hear about how Moscow is so incredibly expensive but most people don't have much. I don't understand it either.

Yeah, disparity is the name of the game in Russia, middle class is still very small. And Moscow is in fact a country inside the country, not representative of the rest of the nation at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.