adiiann

Those who recently moved here in US

60 posts in this topic

Hmmmmmm..... first.... having babies is a choice.... and doesn't come naturally because you always have things around to not get pregnant.

InCorrect.

Birth Control is frowned upon in the Philippines.

Doctors in PI will tell girls they will become sterile from using BirthControl like Depo Shot

Notice how many young girls are unmarried and have children in PI. It's because the guys can get a girl pregnant and when the baby is born he doesn't have any responsibility to the child, that why there are so many unwed mothers in PI.

No court will never make him pay child support or live up to taking care of his child. The girl just wants to be in love, and the guy just wants to "hit it"

Thats a thing in the past. Birth control pills is now very common in the Philippines

I disagree

My wife was told she would become sterile last year by a doctor.

We had a post going about Birth control in PI on Living In Cebu Forums and other said there Fiance was told they would become sterile if they practiced BC.

If you come from a fast pace city in PI like Manila or even Cebu I can see more girls using BirthControl, but the girls from the Provinces are still be told and brained washed that BC can and will cuz them to become sterile......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hmmmmmm..... first.... having babies is a choice.... and doesn't come naturally because you always have things around to not get pregnant.

Anyway... I am so happy that you guys doing great here.

To those who took examination for professional certification.... Are you familiar with the examination for professional engineer here? as well as professional energy management? I mean, what are the requirements for those examination?

My husband and I wanted to take an examination. But our problem is my credentials, I heard that I need to have it converted to US standard.

Please be free to give "sensible" suggestions.

You need to find out what firm in your state does the evaluations of foreign College Diplomas and Credentials. I'm in Florida and preparing to send in my fiance's Philippine diploma and License so she can teach school here when she arrives.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyway... I am so happy that you guys doing great here.

To those who took examination for professional certification.... Are you familiar with the examination for professional engineer here? as well as professional energy management? I mean, what are the requirements for those examination?

My husband and I wanted to take an examination. But our problem is my credentials, I heard that I need to have it converted to US standard.

Please be free to give "sensible" suggestions.

You need to find out what firm in your state does the evaluations of foreign College Diplomas and Credentials. I'm in Florida and preparing to send in my fiance's Philippine diploma and License so she can teach school here when she arrives.

Thanks! I did check. It's kinda a bit expensive and seems a lot of process, and I don't want to spend that much at this moment. Besides, most of the jobs related to my profession and experiences are kinda far from where I live. So, I might just concentrate to my driving lesson first as well as have a job that is just near to where we live at the meantime until I could really adapt in my new environment comfortably. My husband is worried for me to have jobs hours away (like 2 hours or more) from our place.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

InCorrect.

Doctors in PI will tell girls they will become sterile from using BirthControl like Depo Shot

Notice how many young girls are unmarried and have children in PI. It's because the guys can get a girl pregnant and when the baby is born he doesn't have any responsibility to the child, that why there are so many unwed mothers in PI.

No court will never make him pay child support or live up to taking care of his child. The girl just wants to be in love, and the guy just wants to "hit it"

Thats a thing in the past. Birth control pills is now very common in the Philippines

I disagree

We had a post going about Birth control in PI on Living In Cebu Forums and other said there Fiance was told they would become sterile if they practiced BC.

If you come from a fast pace city in PI like Manila or even Cebu I can see more girls using BirthControl, but the girls from the Provinces are still be told and brained washed that BC can and will cuz them to become sterile......

I came from the province ( Mindanao) and believe me we are very well updated when it comes to BC.

Your wife is just one person, don't think all provincial ladies are so naive and stupid to believe that BC can cause sterility. I for one came from the province and never heard of such a thing.

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

InCorrect.

I disagree

I came from the province ( Mindanao) and believe me we are very well updated when it comes to BC.

Your wife is just one person, don't think all provincial ladies are so naive and stupid to believe that BC can cause sterility. I for one came from the province and never heard of such a thing.

:thumbs: super agree on you jom!!! i never heard such myth about how some doctors will tell you that bc.pills will make you sterile... the only reason [major] why some women dont use contraceptives is that it could be pricy and or influenced by religion (catholic is pro life)... common hearsay is quite the opposite, once u stop taking them, the faster you get pregnant

visited 2 obgyn in phil and the only thing they warned me about are the side effects when using contraceptives (they're actually written at back label on every bc you'll buy)

im from the province too... cdo

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

Lira is a provincial girl. Mindanao. We built a bouse there together and lived several months together while doing it. You have a mixture of internet-age all the way to raw ignorance. You can't make generalizations. Except when it comes to Filipinas, which are the best. It's at the molecular level. Their perfection.

We do everything together, all day every day. Growing up in a hard-scrabble environment she's adapted perfectly to the adventurous life here. But still intelligent, well educated, and so beautiful they have not invented a high enough number yet to quantify it.

Fishing trip, but up here this is serious food production with salmon nets, not flyfishing for sport -

chitna4wheeler.jpg

redkitchenlira.jpg

We have a mining claim together. Antimony, not gold. Here she is at our prospecting camp:

liraprospectcamp.jpg

Which happens to be right across the valley from Mt. McKinley:

liramckinley.jpg

Clearing the road with a bulldozer:

dozergirl1.jpg

Running a chain saw:

cutwooD.jpg

Been doing a lot of really interesting things together. At least we think so. It looks beautiful in pictures but it is a harsh environment. You have to relish the challenges.

Timeline

It's so nice to hear that everyone is doing great....

I am getting better with driving, I hoped I could drive soon enough before the snow starts to fall. :lol: I am getting excited for my first thanksgiving here. And my mom-in-law wanted me to prepare some Filipino dishes. I can't wait ...... I have my magic sing, we're gonna be singing. :lol:

Anyway, does anybody knows where I could get song chips for my magic sing? Thanks!

Timeline

Awsome Pics. Rlogan. My Negros mountain wife likes working the bulldozer also lol :lol: . I only let her push logs into piles for now, until she gets more skilled. I think I might have married a pyro-maniac because she loves to burn the piles of underbrush also. I have already gotten a frantic call out at work with her telling me she accidently set the forest on fire. After our discussion I explained it was okay that we have good fire-lines cut, and it was most likely just underbrush burning. When I got home she was crying, but I told her great job, because I had planned on a doing exactly what she did on accident once the temperature was right. She got lucky with wind direction but other than that it was almost a text-book prescribed burn :lol: . Mostly now to stay busy, she just picks up sticks (no burning), fishes in our pond, fills the deer feeders, and moves things around with the 4-wheeler (her motorized Karaboa). We float the Texas rivers, go camping and we generally both are nature lovers. I don't think she could make it up north though. It dropped down to 48 degrees in our part of Texas last week and she didn't like it one bit :lol: .

As far as mis-information on Birth Control, I could believe just about anything some-one might have been told. My wife thinks her twin at birth was an octopus, hence her name Kugeta. She also believes in Tappy-po and other run of the mill non-humans. Superstitions are just one of the fun parts of being married to a Filipina in my opinion.

Wyatt

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

Awsome Pics. Rlogan. My Negros mountain wife likes working the bulldozer also lol :lol: . I only let her push logs into piles for now, until she gets more skilled. I think I might have married a pyro-maniac because she loves to burn the piles of underbrush also. I have already gotten a frantic call out at work with her telling me she accidently set the forest on fire. After our discussion I explained it was okay that we have good fire-lines cut, and it was most likely just underbrush burning. When I got home she was crying, but I told her great job, because I had planned on a doing exactly what she did on accident once the temperature was right. She got lucky with wind direction but other than that it was almost a text-book prescribed burn :lol: . Mostly now to stay busy, she just picks up sticks (no burning), fishes in our pond, fills the deer feeders, and moves things around with the 4-wheeler (her motorized Karaboa). We float the Texas rivers, go camping and we generally both are nature lovers. I don't think she could make it up north though. It dropped down to 48 degrees in our part of Texas last week and she didn't like it one bit :lol: .

As far as mis-information on Birth Control, I could believe just about anything some-one might have been told. My wife thinks her twin at birth was an octopus, hence her name Kugeta. She also believes in Tappy-po and other run of the mill non-humans. Superstitions are just one of the fun parts of being married to a Filipina in my opinion.

Wyatt

Are you sure it's Kugeta and not Pugita? :lol:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Timeline

Wyatt

Are you sure it's Kugeta and not Pugita? :lol:

Kugeta...The bisayan word. She goes by Kugeng though. I call her Ging for short.

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

Kugeta...The bisayan word. She goes by Kugeng though. I call her Ging for short.

OIC. Kugeng sounds Vientnames huh? How I wish I could burn all the dried leaves and kindlings in our yard when the trees start going to sleep but my husband likes to pile them in our compost pile and let them sit there until they decompose. I just content myself burning woods in our wood stove. He doesn't want me to burn down the house. :lol:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO WHEN YOU ARE NEW IN THE STATES ARE THE FF:

1. TRY TO MEET AND KNOW ALL THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FAMILY. ( IN LAWS ETC.) OR ATTEND AS MUCH GATHERING AS YOU CAN WHILE YOU STILL HAVE NO WORK.

2. KNOW ABOUT THE BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT AROUND AND WHERE TO GO, SEE AS MUCH PLACES AS YOU CAN.

3. READ THE THE BOOKLET FOR LEARNER'S PERMIT AND TAKE THE TEST.

4. PRACTICE DRIVING AND TAKE THE ROAD TEST.

5. READ NEWS PAPER FOR JOB OPPURTUNITY OR IF NOT SEARCH USING THE INTERNET.

6. AND IF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO WORK THEN YOU ARE SO READY TO APPLY AND WORK.

NOTE: I GUESS ONE THING THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT OF ALL IS THAT TRY TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND AND HOW HE IS LIKE, KNOW WHAT HE PREFER TO EAT AND KNOW HOW HE LIKES IT DONE EX.HIS SANDWICH ETC. (MIGHT BE FUNNY OR SIMPLE BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS TO BE LEARNED FROM EACH OTHER).AND SPEND QAULITY TIME TOGETHER WHILE YOU HAVE NO WORK YET.BECASUE ONCE YOU HAVE A JOB THEN HARD FOR YOU TO GO FOR FAMILY GATHERING,OUTING TO SEE PLACES.ETC. SO TAKE IT EASY WHILE BOARD KEEP READING ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR STATE AND LOOK FOR JOB POSSIBLITIES.

PEACE,

GRIFFIN

Edited by griffin

THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO WHEN YOU ARE NEW IN THE STATES ARE THE FF:

1. TRY TO MEET AND KNOW ALL THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FAMILY. ( IN LAWS ETC.) OR ATTEND AS MUCH GATHERING AS YOU CAN WHILE YOU STILL HAVE NO WORK.

2. KNOW ABOUT THE BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT AROUND AND WHERE TO GO, SEE AS MUCH PLACES AS YOU CAN.

3. READ THE THE BOOKLET FOR LEARNER'S PERMIT AND TAKE THE TEST.

4. PRACTICE DRIVING AND TAKE THE ROAD TEST.

5. READ NEWS PAPER FOR JOB OPPURTUNITY OR IF NOT SEARCH USING THE INTERNET.

6. AND IF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO WORK THEN YOU ARE SO READY TO APPLY AND WORK.

NOTE: I GUESS ONE THING THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT OF ALL IS THAT TRY TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND AND HOW HE IS LIKE, KNOW WHAT HE PREFER TO EAT AND KNOW HOW HE LIKES IT DONE EX.HIS SANDWICH ETC. (MIGHT BE FUNNY OR SIMPLE BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS TO BE LEARNED FROM EACH OTHER).AND SPEND QAULITY TIME TOGETHER WHILE YOU HAVE NO WORK YET.BECASUE ONCE YOU HAVE A JOB THEN HARD FOR YOU TO GO FOR FAMILY GATHERING,OUTING TO SEE PLACES.ETC. SO TAKE IT EASY WHILE BOARD KEEP READING ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR STATE AND LOOK FOR JOB POSSIBLITIES.

PEACE,

GRIFFIN

GREAT POST.

I travelled with my husband for a year when I first arrived in America and in that one year being 24/7 together, I learned a lot about him ( what with being physically together for only 2 weeks in the Philippines ). There was so much unexpected things that I didn't see, some traits that were not present during the 2week visit. But then, in that 365 days, I learned how to adjust to him, his strenghts and weaknesses and vice versa. With that I can honestly say that I've found my soulmate and lifetime partner.

I did everything in your post :) and now I work full time, every other weekend so our time together was drastically cut off, on top of which I work the evening shift (3-11) We have the boys every other weekend so I made sure that I am not working when they are with us.

To work or not to work was my option but I have been working all my life since I got out of college so I didn't want to stay at home . With this situation I could always request for off days if there are family events that fall on my work days or anytime I want.

Ive been in the US for 2 years now, have visited 18 states outside of Florida, I've been driving by myself for more than a year and I believe I've adjusted well to the lifestyle here without so much fuss. I am very happy with my life and my husband still makes me laugh everyday :) We will celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary next month and its been the best 2 years of my life and I want more...soooo much more :)

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

Wyatt

Ha ha!! Isn't it just great? Experiencing that kind of life together.

Yes, we have gone to what she calls "quack doctor" for some things, and they have superstitions I view as intriguing and exotic. I respect her culture.

Griffin - you know in there you listed some things about knowing your husband, and in your case doing the sandwiches the way he likes them...

My wife keeps me going in too many ways to count. The two of us together are so much more productive because of it. Wow. What a blessing to have her. It is closer to traditional marriage roles for us than the norm in our country now. But we don't live like the norm. The traditional roles make sense for us.

I catch this wind occasionally of the idea that a wife cooking and cleaning, and raising kids at home is some kind of subservience. What a load of bullocks. It is a revolution around here - the ability to put on clean clothes, wolf some hot food down, and go outside in the snow and work...

She stays inside and keeps the place in excellent order for a work camp, rubs my owies when I fall off a ladder or whatever...

There's no words that can adequately describe how much appreciation I have for it. But I tell her all day, every day. I know what I got and I'm not taking it for granted.

Timeline

PEACE,

GRIFFIN

I agree, its nice to enjoy free time for now. As for my husband, I am training him to some habits like wearing slipper (so that his white socks wouldn't be so brownish at the bottom), degreasing the dishes before loading in dishwasher, cleaning the kitchen after cooking and not much playing arcade games. Well, he's been living alone for so long before I moved here. My mom-in-law said that our condo was bachelor's pad before and now, it looks like home. :lol: I've done a lot of decorating and re-arranging. My next project is turning our lab room into more like a small library.

I know most and almost everything that my husband's likes when comes to food, as well as how he wanted it to be done, and what gives him allergy or bad reaction. I love cooking, and now I am getting better in my baking. He loves every dishes I made. Even his friends, they like the dishes I am cooking.

Life is great. It's so nice to have a husband which is your best friend too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.