Zee21

Packet and letter

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiancee is going to have her interview this Monday the 26th. We were on the list that the embassy puts out to give you permission to download the Packet #4. So we did and followed all the instructions and called when we had all completed. I was just wondering if we are supposed to have the official letter from the embassy. We have never got it in the mail. i guess cause the mail runs so slow in Ecuador. My question is "Do we have to have the letter when we go to the interview?" She asked the appointment setter and she said we were on the list to go ahead and make the interview date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi all,

My fiancee is going to have her interview this Monday the 26th. We were on the list that the embassy puts out to give you permission to download the Packet #4. So we did and followed all the instructions and called when we had all completed. I was just wondering if we are supposed to have the official letter from the embassy. We have never got it in the mail. i guess cause the mail runs so slow in Ecuador. My question is "Do we have to have the letter when we go to the interview?" She asked the appointment setter and she said we were on the list to go ahead and make the interview date.

I stronlgy suggest you have a pow-wow with VJ member TboneTX if you have not already. Along with any other VJ members from Ecuador, before going off for that interview. I think (I am sure) he will tell you to plan on being there for the interview.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You rang? :)

Both of you MUST be there for the interview or the visa WILL be refused (outright or via the hellish 221(g) process).

If you're on the list for appointment-setting, set the appointment. Get the name of whomever you speak with. If, after 4 minutes of your 8-minute, $12 PIN call for the appointment, you're not close to establishing a date & time, cut off the setter by insisting on speaking with a supervisor, NOW. The appointment staff get commissions (it takes little imagination) for how long they can delay you until your time runs out and you have to spend $12 for another PIN.

Also, when you've agreed on a date & time, repeat your "mutual understanding" TWICE: "So that's 2 p.m. on Friday, the 2th of Octember, correct?" (REPEAT.) Then (and this is crucial), e-mail IVGuayaquil@state.gov with: "In accordance with our agreement with ____ (name of setter), our visa-interview appointment is on Friday, the 2th of Octember, at 2 p.m. Please immediately acknowledge your receipt and understanding of this message." Print their confirmation and bring it with you to the interview!

The reason for this seeming overkill is because anything that Guayaquil tells you by phone cannot be trusted. Also, it is important that you be in Guayaquil the night before the day of your interview, because the consulate is known for calling on half an hour's notice to say, "Your appointment has been moved to 10 a.m. Be here then, or lose the appointment."

Other Ecuador filers, take note of what lies in store for you... and this is the "un-baddest" part.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hi all,

good luck today!! please let us know how it goes. :thumbs:

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.