mast3r12

Expedited Processing

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If you read that original snip from your first post - it says to contact the consulate (and not nvc ) .

The consulate can help to expedite - you have a potential AGE OUT problem.

But, ya gots to get a human at the Consulate in Montreal.

There is also further grey area of 'when does the AGE OUT actually occur' ????

For K-2 derivative visas (which this is NOT, btw) - there's been lots of flack between 'not 21 at time of AOS filing' vs 'not 21 at time of Green Card Production status' .

This is a CR-2 for the son of a CR-1 applicant/beneficiary - so I've no idea what the actual time ticks are gonna be. Worse Case Scenario - if he's 21 before the interview date, he's hosed.

So - you'll need to kick in some expedite - but it's not gonna be a normal expedite where yer filing a form. YOU NEED TO CONTACT THE IV UNIT AT MONTREAL and make them aware of the potential AGE OUT ISSUE, and beg for an earlier interview date.

Pray there are no RFEs on the NVC paperwork , or that will further delay the NVC processing.

GOOD LUCK !

So I Googled around, found the number of the US Consulate in Montreal and called them up. Only to find out that due to 'staff limitations' they no longer offer live telephone support. Great. So the recording suggested I send an email, which I will be doing to: montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

The recording also said 5 - 7 month scheduling time for interviews, wow. haha.

And yes, I'm starting to worry now because of the lack of replies they have given me about the given situation so far. I just wished I could speak to someone at Montreal rather then having to wait for a reply by email. I'm limited to contacting the IV unit at Montreal by email which totally sucks.

As for the actual documents, I've seen cases on the internet where people who have been accepted an expedite, their papers and forms were sent directly to the consulate (where verification and whatever procedure that has to be done is done) and you are suppose to brought the originals as usual.

To the Mods - whaddya think? I think this is a Montreal Consulate issue - is there a forum for that? :D

haha, that's what I said too!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I have heard that everything from the NVC is skipped and it goes to the consulate directly"

When I have emailed them it takes 1-2 days to get a response. Initially you will probably get a generic FAQ response. Sometimes it takes longer to hear back from them, which might be the case with your email as the person responding will probably have to do some asking around.

The fact that it isn't finished at NVC should have no bearing on your inquiry. The NVC has no obligation to look out for dates when an applicant is turning 21 - this responsibility falls to you and it's your responsibility to bring it to the attention of Montreal.

If you haven't heard back from them in say 4 days, I would ask again.

You can't reach the Montreal consulate by phone.

What I meant is this:

The normal procedure is to pay fees to NVC, wait for the fee processing, then submit documents and wait for documents verification, and that can take another 3-6 months before an interview appointment can be granted!

With the expedite request being approved, we are paying fees and submit documents to the MTL consular

LINK TO WHERE I FOUND THAT

so if that were true then everything would go directly to MTL.

I emailed them, and got the generic FAQ response almost instantly haha. So I'll wait until Thursday or so before I email them again. Worse scenario would be them not replying at all haha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There's a fax number listed here -

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...mp;cty=Montreal

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.